Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp

• 26-05-2005 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

so im about to take the plunge and order one in. but i heard something about they suffer from dead pixels. anyone know anything about this or even if its true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've heard details that there have been units with them but nothing substantial. Not sure if its only a few units or a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

You are taking the risk when you import it that there will be dead pixels on your screen. Partly why im still not sure whether to do this or wait for it to come out here so i can check it bfore i buy it. I would hate to order one of these in to find 3 or 4 dead pixels.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

i've had mine for the best part of a week (got it from videogamesplus.ca, would very highly recommend it), been playing it for a number of hours a day with no dead pixels yet. one of the best buys i've ever made and the fact that it makes your mates sick with envy doesn't hurt either!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I believe I have one somewhere down the bottom left of the screen. In reality though you will hardly ever notice it. The dead pixel thing is a problem with TFT screens and not the PSP.

I bought my psp in from play-asia.com but have been using lik-sang.com to buy all my games as they offer free postage with any import game :D . I'd reccomend either of those retailers. Lik-sang have very good prices I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 chouchou

hey guys,i just happen to have one of the psps for sale,if your interested,at least then i am more than happy to let you play /demo the console before any money changes hands
    PSP (PlayStation Portable) (value pack)(Made in Japan,international edition)
    - AC Power Adapter (100 - 240V), UK Plug Adaptor
    - PSP Headphones With Remote Control
    - PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap
    - 32M Memory Stick Duo
    - PSP Battery Pack
    - WIPEOUT GAME
    - 350 euro in south dublin.
    looks cheaper on net but you have to add on tax,postage and insurance.
    according to hmv the are going to be 249 plus 60 for the game on release in september.
    plus online you cant play before you the details:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

if i order one from lik-sang will everything be in japanese or will it be in english? will the plug etc be a different fitting?
    im undecided whether i should get a psp or wait for the ps3? are they really that amazing? seems very pricey when you take games into account too

the version i have for sale is the international edition so it depends on what one i guess,theyre 217 from lik sang but with postage insurance and tax your looking closer to 300 and thats without a game. they are really better than i could do justice on the web,you need to see it in action to believe really how good they are

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

re: chouchou ... there is a For Sale board if your trying to sell it. And there is no "international edition", only a Japanese (Region 2) and US edition (Region 1).
    besty wrote:
    if i order one from lik-sang will everything be in japanese or will it be in english? will the plug etc be a different fitting?
    im undecided whether i should get a psp or wait for the ps3? are they really that amazing? seems very pricey when you take games into account too

When you start it up it will give you the option of English or Japanese. Once its running the latest firmware update includes a large number of additional languages. I imported the Japanese one a few months ago and it runs all through english. The only thing you need to watch out far are getting Japanese games as some of the text on the game may be in Japanese. However since it was released in the US I have been importaing in US games from lik-sang and using those insted. Most games are about 40 to 50 euro on Lik-sang.

Also, the PSP will be able to connect to the PS3 and act as a remote control for it. The two go hand in hand :D

why are you selling it and how long have you had it?
    where are you based?

i have one myself already besty,its brand new,only taken out of the box to charge it. also the language is your own choice any one you like!im in south dublin but can be reasonabley flexible

• Advertisement

thanks for the info bedlam. would you recommend getting one from that site or do you think i should wait to pay top dollar when it comes out in september?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Yesasia state that they will deliver the PSP to the UK Vat Free. Now the only way I know of to allow them promise this is if they send them from an address in the UK. If this is the case they would also be Vat free to Ireland. Can anyone confirm this Vat Free claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

I ordered mine.. have to wait till feckin September though. It'll be worth it though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

nachos wrote:
    i've had mine for the best part of a week (got it from videogamesplus.ca, would very highly recommend it), been playing it for a number of hours a day with no dead pixels yet. one of the best buys i've ever made and the fact that it makes your mates sick with envy doesn't hurt either!

Did you get stung for Import Tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

nope, not a penny:D when ordering, i asked yer man to mark down the value and/or to send it as a gift. When the parcel arrived the value was at $20 (CAD) and the description said "toy game":) i ordered it on tuesday night and it was delivered to my house on the friday morning.

Advertisement