Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Ideo

Use Sn0wbreeze to restore your phone. There is a fix now for changing baseband 6.15 to a downgrade which is unlocked by ultrasn0w, your phone will have to have blobs saved in cydia to restore through sn0wbreeze.

I just can't get this to work! Argh!! To recap

I have a 3GS running on the latest firmware - 6.1.3 on baseband 06.15.00
    The phone was previously jailbroken on 4.3.5
    I made a custom IPSW using 4.3.5 + saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.5
    (I also have 4.1 SHSH saved)
    I used the following guide for the jailbreak
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=16267&laid=
    But can't boot tethered
    Tried using redsn0w_win_0.9.15b1 as the 15b3 version doesn't support IPSW 4.3.5
    Then tried using sn0wbreze but it got stuck on the pineapple

So I'm confused very much at the moment!! :confused:

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

tell me this have you had it restored to 4.1 yet also why did you update the phone in the first place was it for a factory unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭red bellied

Try the 4.1 firmware, download Sn0wbreeze from here http://ih8sn0w.com/

massy086 wrote: »
    tell me this have you had it restored to 4.1 yet also why did you update the phone in the first place was it for a factory unlock

Haven't been able to get it to 4.1 yet, I'm going to try it using sn0wbreze now though. And yeah it was on 4.3.5 and jailbroken, then I had the phone factory unlocked by Apple. I completely wasn't thinking when I hit restore in iTunes! very foolish! Now I get the "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." message any time I try to activate via itunes

Should I stitch the 4.1 blobs into the 4.1 firmware before restoring via sn0wbreze first?

Just tried restoring to version 4.1 using sn0wbreze 2.9.13
    Done the shift click on iTunes and selected the IPSW that sn0wbreze created
    No I'm getting an 3194 error in iTunes - any ideas?
    I still have it plugged in in recovery mode

EDIT: Tried editing the hosts file
    One page told me to delete 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com from the hosts file and another told me to keep it in!
    delete http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/06/error-3194-fix-for-itunes/
    keep http://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-itunes-error-3194/

Should I be setting the hosts file to Cydia? and then doing the shift click in itunes?

These are the hosts btw
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

• Advertisement

Download TinyUmbrella and uncheck "Set Cydia as Host on Exit or try on different laptop if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,470 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ideo wrote: »
    Just tried restoring to version 4.1 using sn0wbreze 2.9.13
    Done the shift click on iTunes and selected the IPSW that sn0wbreze created
    No I'm getting an 3194 error in iTunes - any ideas?
    I still have it plugged in in recovery mode

EDIT: Tried editing the hosts file
    One page told me to delete 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com from the hosts file and another told me to keep it in!
    delete http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/06/error-3194-fix-for-itunes/
    keep http://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-itunes-error-3194/

Should I be setting the hosts file to Cydia? and then doing the shift click in itunes?

These are the hosts btw
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    to downgrade you need to to have the gs.apple line or else it will fail with a 1015 (i think) error.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

by updating the phone on 06.15.00 through itunnes that is how you probably bricked the baseband and that is why its not letting you activate
    So do you think it's possible to solve this? I'm about to throw the bloody thing in the bin:(

Download TinyUmbrella and uncheck "Set Cydia as Host on Exit or try on different laptop if you can.

TinyUmbrella doesn't give me the option to uncheck cydia as host on exit - is that strange?

So I tried the right click + shift on a fresh itunes on another laptop and I got the same error, 3194

To be honest, at this stage I might just try to leave it in somewhere and see if somebody else can sort it out, spent a good few hours at it at this stage and I'm getting nowhere :mad::mad:

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

So just to be clear you've tried the following options.
    To activate 3GS via iTunes phone can't have 6.15 baseband. You have to downgrade it...
    iclarified

you can use latest redsn0w and iOS 6.0 ipsw, upgrade baseband again to 6.15 and then downgrade it...
    Then just restore to iOS 6.1.3 via iTunes and your phone will be magically activated and working

Don't give up yet,I'm sure there is a solution to your issue.

• Advertisement

Have you definitely saved your blobs from cydia? You should be able to check the different firmwares you have saved in tiny umbrella.

Yeah I have them saved to my computer and also sent them to Cydia using redsn0w. I think it might just be easier paying for a shop to do this or wait until 7.0 comes out. This is very time consuming!

If you can get it 4.3.5 again use sn0wbreeze to hackivate it, it's in the options before you create the IPSW.

use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband and then just update it in itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Yeah I have them saved to my computer and also sent them to Cydia using redsn0w. I think it might just be easier paying for a shop to do this or wait until 7.0 comes out. This is very time consuming!
    im glad you at least you recognize what we do as repair,s is very time consuming and you need the patience of a saint lol are you on a mac or a windows pc???

im glad you at least you recognize what we do as repair,s is very time consuming and you need the patience of a saint lol are you on a mac or a windows pc???

I don't know how you do it tbh! How much would the phone shops charge to sort this out? Would you see shops offering no fix no fee? Oh and I'm on Win7

guil wrote: »
    If you can get it 4.3.5 again use sn0wbreeze to hackivate it, it's in the options before you create the IPSW.

use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband and then just update it in itunes

Can't seem to get 4.3.5 on to it now using redsn0w 0.9.15b1 or 0.9.15b3

An error appears on the phone

ERROR! Please reboot the device into normal operating mode, then perform a clean "slide to power off", then try redsn0w again.

AppleBCMWLAN: :handleOIKitBusyWatchdogTimeout(): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up...

I'm looking into this, ill try what you have suggested - loading 4.3.5 then hactivate if I can

Think I have rightly fecked up the phone, getting the same error when trying to install to 4.1. Had to use Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 for this install, so back to the drawing board or possibly the bin!!!!

Any ideas if this might work?

http://ihelpcorner.com/hacktivate51

Well, I've officially buggered up this phone! Tried to restore to 6.3.1 using iTunes normally, iTunes shift click and through redsn0w and I keep getting error messages. If it was sent to Apple, could they do a system restore on it or something I wonder? Might give them a shout in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Are any of these sites that claim they can officially unlock a phone via the Apple DB or whatever actually legit?

I have an iPhone 5 I need to unlock (I'm on holiday, out of the country it was bought in for another couple of months). Not in contract or anything, but bought outright.

No don't think they can unlock an iPhone 5 yet. I presume you bought the phone on prepay. If so for a little extra you could of got it from apple direct and unlocked. Now you will have to spend upto €150 credit to get the network to unlock it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Hi I'm just wondering if I will be able to unlock an iPhone 4 that's on Meteor to O2 or 3? It's currently tied into a contract, but that ends in July so I will be getting it then.

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering if I will be able to unlock an iPhone 4 that's on Meteor to O2 or 3? It's currently tied into a contract, but that ends in July so I will be getting it then.
    There's a very very small chance you can unlock it for free through jail breaking but why not just get meteor to unlock near the end of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

There's a very very small chance you can unlock it for free through jail breaking but why not just get meteor to unlock near the end of the contract.

Cool so Meteor will unlock it? That's all I wanted to know, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

No don't think they can unlock an iPhone 5 yet. I presume you bought the phone on prepay. If so for a little extra you could of got it from apple direct and unlocked. Now you will have to spend upto €150 credit to get the network to unlock it

Here's a tip, don't assume things as you're incorrect in your assumption.

Shzm wrote: »

Here's a tip, don't assume things as you're incorrect in your assumption.
    If you bothered your hole to give the information needed for a proper answer there wouldn't be a reason to assume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Well, I've officially buggered up this phone! Tried to restore to 6.3.1 using iTunes normally, iTunes shift click and through redsn0w and I keep getting error messages. If it was sent to Apple, could they do a system restore on it or something I wonder? Might give them a shout in any case

They will see its on 06.15.00, therefore warranty void

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

If you bothered your hole to give the information needed for a proper answer there wouldn't be a reason to assume

Easy now, watch the abuse. You seem to love patronising people, perhaps you should find a more suitable forum and let the rest of us get on with it?

naasrd wrote: »

Easy now, watch the abuse. You seem to love patronising people, perhaps you should find a more suitable forum and let the rest of us get on with it?
    If you have a problem with me report it. I don't have to explain myself to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

naasrd wrote: »

To be completely fair, shzm asked a question and then got patronising to the person who tried to help. Such an over the top reaction to someone trying to help would wind anyone up.

• Advertisement

To be completely fair, shzm asked a question and then got patronising to the person who tried to help. Such an over the top reaction to someone trying to help would wind anyone up.
    Thank you very much

Advertisement