Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Let's just concentrate on winning before we get ahead of ourselves lol

Dunno if Westmeath are gonna be lying down with garrycastle playing so well confidence has to be on a high!!

Can't make game today as daughters christening sure she will be our lily in white today
    ;)

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Looks like a comprehensive win for ye. By the looks of it you'll be all but promoted by full time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Final score: Kildare 3-23 1-12 Westmeath

Winner of Galway v Kildare in 2 weeks takes the second promotion spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

very impressed today with our team I havent seen them giving another team a good kicking in a good while..
    they played some very nice football and with every game under their belt they seem to be getting better.
    Galway will be a bigger test but looking at them now I'd say they are 6th best in the country at the moment, I reakon tyrone are the beat team at the moment and I'd love to play them one more time before the championship kicks into gear.

well done to the hurlers as well they won very easily today as well as the footballer's 7-30 to armaghs 0-07.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well done to Kildare today. Even though keeping everything into perspective because of the missing westmeath players. Thought it was a good performance and just what we need to keep the confidence high. Thought we played some very nice football. Impressive stuff and some of our points were super. Kavanagh, smith, flats and conway on form and its great to see. Bolton point from 55m was pure class.
    The lads are being much more clinical in front of the posts and the goals are coming. :DOur shot selection was good and we were patient and controlled when we needed to be. Thought Mick did well in midfield and was also nice to see Dermot get more game time.All round everyone played very well and they are hard beat when in that form.
    Focus turns to Galway now as winner takes all. Big score today but Mcgeeney will keep them grounded.Fingers crossed we go down to Galway and the lads give it everything they have got. After the monaghan game didnt think we would be in contention for promotion so well done Kildare. Keep it up one more hurdle left.
    Also well done to the hurlers on their fine victory against Armagh. Good day in the sunshine for Kildare. Cill Dara ABU! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Who was playing midfield then today? Foley?

Great result today... need to look at it in perspective against an understrength Westmeath team. But it's good to see the scores coming from across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Foley and Padraig O'Neill in midfield. Both were outstanding.

Anyone hear anything about Flynn's injury? is it serious?:(

I heard he was late for a training on wednesday so was dropped for today

• Advertisement

Final score: Kildare 3-23 1-12 Westmeath

Winner of Galway v Kildare in 2 weeks takes the second promotion spot.

I thought Galway need the win regardless of anything else?? Think Kildare take second if it's a draw..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

1/8 kildare to win this one and the bookies dont get it wrong to often so we should win this one handy by 14-17 points i'm going with.
    Up kildare:D:D

Hope you put money on that

I thought Galway need the win regardless of anything else?? Think Kildare take second if it's a draw..
    Correct a draw will put Kildare up, but obviously we can't play for a draw.

We don't have a good record against them so hopefully that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

rodrob111 wrote: »
    Hope you put money on that

Hindsight has 20/20 vision robrob111.

Great to see Jesus supporting us yesterday.

uVg5q.jpg

What's the story with the Seanie Johnson saga in the end? Has he brought it to the European High Court yet?... must be the next step
    :pac:

couldnt give a S H I T E tbh....

forwards are on fire..... who needs seanie johnston :D

Correct a draw will put Kildare up, but obviously we can't play for a draw.

We don't have a good record against them so hopefully that will change.
    i know what your saying but it goes down to it its nice to know lol...

great performance against westmeath looking forward to the galway boys....

Would be nice for the lads to have someone to collect the cones after training... they can maybe get him to wash the kit aswell, since he'll be bored out of his tree in the gaf in Straffan

Kildare will play Galway in the Allianz Fooball League game on the 8th April in Salthill. The game was originally scheduled to be played in Tuam.

Hope nobody booked accommodation before today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Kildare aparantly according to the manager who was busting himself to get the transfer through.

anyhow, according to the examiner he isnt going to the UN to appeal the decision that he isnt living in Kildare so the saga is at an end.

Kildare aparantly according to the manager who was busting himself to get the transfer through.

anyhow, according to the examiner he isnt going to the UN to appeal the decision that he isnt living in Kildare so the saga is at an end.
    It's most certainly not at an end, he was at the Kildare match on Sunday and I also read in the examiner that he is going to make a fresh claim but this time he's going to leave no stoned un-turned in making sure it cannot be rejected.

It's most certainly not at an end, he was at the Kildare match on Sunday and I also read in the examiner that he is going to make a fresh claim but this time he's going to leave no stoned un-turned in making sure it cannot be rejected.

If it doesn't go ahead I won't be heartbroken tbh the lads are scoring for fun so I'm happy out

Still hes a nice option to have. As was said above he was at the kildare match on sunday so Ive a feeling its not over yet. I will support him if he gets his transfer the same way Id support and respect any player that commits to the Lilywhite cause.:)

Still hes a nice option to have. As was said above he was at the kildare match on sunday so Ive a feeling its not over yet. I will support him if he gets his transfer the same way Id support and respect any player that commits to the Lilywhite cause.:)
    which of our loyal players would you like to see him replace????????

silly really local lads giving it all every week with this hanging over there heads......

Jesus was driving through straffan and for a minute I could swore I saw seanie Johnston, wasn't him though was a guy in a Cavan jersey with only 1 seanie on the back ;)

SJ has just resubmitted his transfer to kildare. He was on kfm talking about it tonight.

SJ has just resubmitted his transfer to kildare. He was on kfm talking about it tonight.
    really?? jesus he is persistant, thought cavan lads were sure this had been halted??

He has and he said he hopes to play a few league games for St Kevins in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

I cant wait to see him playing in the white jersey I know our forwards are paying really well at the moment but wouldn't it be great to make ur team as one of the best forward teams in the country!

Advertisement