Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement remote control for an Axbox Elite, or even an Azbox premium? Will one of them universal ones work?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Superfin wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement remote control for an Axbox Elite, or even an Azbox premium? Will one of them universal ones work?

http://en.azbox-hd.com/accesorios Postage is expensive but try other german suppliers, there may be cheaper delivery rates.

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/checkout.html Hope you know a bit of German :)

Not sure about universals, there is a free windows remote for pc and a paid android app for smartphones as well for €1.50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

http://en.azbox-hd.com/accesorios Postage is expensive but try other german suppliers, there may be cheaper delivery rates.

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/checkout.html Hope you know a bit of German :)

Not sure about universals, there is a free windows remote for pc and a paid android app for smartphones as well for €1.50 or so.

you could use dreamdroid on the phone for the (virtual) remote if you have android.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I got one from hm-sat, took about 1 week for it to arrive.

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/fernbedienungen/fernbedienung-azbox-premium.html

Cost about €44 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

I have an Elite which I bricked updating the firmware. just says Booting...
    I have tried the recovery using a serial conection to a jumper block on the main board.
    I have set everything correctly I think, baud rate 15200, but I just get gibberish on the screen, as if the baud rate was not correct.
    Can Anyone help?
    Maybe I need a jtag to fix it. anyone with any experience jtaging the elite?
    or
    Is there anywhere I can sed it for repair. I have it a few years.
    Thanks
    KK

• Advertisement

kkontour wrote: »
    I have an Elite which I bricked updating the firmware. just says Booting...
    I have tried the recovery using a serial conection to a jumper block on the main board.
    I have set everything correctly I think, baud rate 15200, but I just get gibberish on the screen, as if the baud rate was not correct.
    Can Anyone help?
    Maybe I need a jtag to fix it. anyone with any experience jtaging the elite?
    or
    Is there anywhere I can sed it for repair. I have it a few years.
    Thanks
    KK
    A bit more googling and I see I need an RS232/TTL converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

@kkontour
    have a look here

Anyone have an issue with OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release - 7 - image. It bricks my Elite when I install.
    Ive had to use the fix posted by @jimmyjim11 to get it working again
    I am currently using OpenRSI-3.0-azboxhd which works fine, in fact Im very happy with it.
    KK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Anyone have an issue with OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release - 7 - image. It bricks my Elite when I install.
    Ive had to use the fix posted by @jimmyjim11 to get it working again
    I am currently using OpenRSI-3.0-azboxhd which works fine, in fact Im very happy with it.
    KK

is that not a really old image at this stage? I use OAM² HD on my elite and the latest OPenRSI on the Prem+ and they are both fine. I think the OAM² HD is a bit quicker changing channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Anyone know where I can get parts for an azbox elite? Internal power supply appears to be faulty. Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

shakel wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get parts for an azbox elite? Internal power supply appears to be faulty. Thanks..

I have the same problem with my Elite HD. Did you manage to get an internal power supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Hi Rogerthis, no luck I'm afraid. Brought it to SatCity in Limerick, they thought they could fix it, got parts in an all but when they sorted the PSU found other faults on the main board they couldn't fix. So dead Azbox...

Got a Gigablue HD800 UE from world-of-satellite, very happy with it, running OpenVIX on it.
    Excellent replacement for the Azbox. Cost ~200 using Parcel Motel for delivery..

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

RogerThis wrote: »
    I have the same problem with my Elite HD. Did you manage to get an internal power supply?
    did you check ebay guy selling parts for azbox

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    did you check ebay guy selling parts for azbox

I did try ebay but nobody was selling a PSU for Elite HD. I tried emailing anyone I could find that sell Azbox STB's. The only site to get back was hm-sat.de, who pass me on to their supplier impex-sat.de. impex-sat said it was €19 + vat and delivery. I haven't ordered it yet, waiting for them to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

hi guys sorry to bring up an old thread but i bought an azbox premium hd+ this week and am having terrible trouble setting up a diseqc motor (tm2600) to work with it. its my first motorised install and my first e2 receiver, I have set the dish up on my motor according to the instructions and it follows the arc fine when i move it via my installation meter so i think its ok, i set it up on thor 0.8w with motor in 0 positition and seems to work fine but 2 days trying to get it on box with no luck. image on box says openrsi 3.0
    any advice really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

installer wrote: »
    hi guys sorry to bring up an old thread but i bought an azbox premium hd+ this week and am having terrible trouble setting up a diseqc motor (tm2600) to work with it. its my first motorised install and my first e2 receiver, I have set the dish up on my motor according to the instructions and it follows the arc fine when i move it via my installation meter so i think its ok, i set it up on thor 0.8w with motor in 0 positition and seems to work fine but 2 days trying to get it on box with no luck. image on box says openrsi 3.0
    any advice really appreciated.

Have you put your decimal coordinates into the box? First thing you need to do is to make sure that you exact latitude and longitude are put in the box, set the DISEQC to usals, if you have it set to 1.2 then you will need to set the position for every satellite manually adn save each one before moving on to the next one. Where are you living, as the sat you set up on should be close to your longitude, I am close to 9.087 W and should set my dish up on 8W, to set my motor to 0 degrees. The position that really suits Thor is really only any good if you live on the Greenwich Meridian, 0 degrees, this is because Thor is at .8 of a degree west. I hope this helps yo some little bit, if not then post again and I will try to help all I can.

Regards Wez

hi wes thanks for the reply. i thought aim for due south was the way to go but perhaps not. ya i live in athenry and the lat long for here when googled are 8.74w 53.3n i put them in with usals selected but had no luck, ive tried so many combinations and permutations at this point im totally lost. i think i need to start over from scratch following a clear plan of action. i did use diseqc 1.2 at 1 stage and moved dish manually via east west buttons on remote but after powering down the box they were all lost. :(

what do you reckon i should do?
    i spent quite a bit of time and effort getting the pole plumb in both axis so this is right, its just the receiver settings i think that are messed up.
    cheers.

All is not lost mate, strictly speaking you should be able to set the system up on any satellite you like. I would suggest that you use usals, enter your lat and long, send the dish to 5 West and use one of the French channels, they send a good signal, say Eutelsat 5 West A 11591.00 V DVB-S QPSK 29950 7/8. Now the motor will send the dish to where it thinks the satellite will be, but because the dish has not been set up, you must slacken the motor clamps and move the dish and peak the signal on that satellite and the above frequency, which by the way is the French free to air channels. When you have the dish set to maximise the signal quality, strength is of little interest, quality is the more important, lock the dish and you should then be able to get any satellite that you size of dish will allow and as long as it is above the horizon.

Hope all the above is plain enough for you to follow, but if you have any further problems let me know, sorry about the delay in replying had a phone call and am watching a show about what is in dog food.

Regards Wez

hi again, i did that this evening, told receiver to point to 28.2 wasnt in right position so loosened the motor to pole bolts and tried to find awstra 28 but wasnt there, obviously elevation was off then, funny thing is when i use my meter to move the dish all sats come up fine. could it be firmware problem in receiver. I noticed youtube button on remote does nothing, or does the www button.?

Hi again, I take it you have the box connected to the net, either by wifi or an Ethernet cable, if so then try and update the software on the internet. Failing that you might want to download an E2 image, for the box and use the USB to update the box. Have a look here http://www.openrsi.org/openrsi/downloads/downloads-azbox-rsi3/ and it might be of some help to you mate. I have not been using my box for some time now and it is really surprising how soon you forget what to do and of course you get behind in what is the latest images for the box. You could also try here for the latest image for your box http://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?602-AzBox-HD-E2-Images to download any of the images you will ned to register with them. Hope some of this will help you.

As for the elevation and declination yo would need to look at your motor documentation to see what it should be. You will be surprised that with the dish near enough due south, you will think that it is not tilted back far enough, but it will be, in fact it needs to be fairly straight when it is at the due south satellite, the mount will tilt the dish as it turns, this is to keep it on line with the arc of the satellites.

Best regards Wez

• Advertisement

thats great help wez thanks, il spend a few hours at it tomorrow again, i think i may have a clone is the firmwares clone safe do ya know?

I should think that a clone would be OK with the firmware. Some time ago, a few years now, one of the image makers included a piece with their update which stopped the old Dreambox 500s from working, but I have not heard of any such for the AZBox. Keep me updated with your progress, I am sure you will get there in the end up. when I was using my box I used the Spaze, pronounced Space, but seems they have not supplied any updates. See this thread for some details and suggestions http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162774-Spaze-Alternative&

Good luck with it and as I said you will get there in the end, Enigma is a bit strange when you just start out with it, but practice makes perfect.

Best regards Wez

will do bud, ya it was gemini that had the clone time bomb.. i know my way around an E1 box but this is my first E2. I got it to replace a tm500 as i want to get feeds for gaa matches etc.. il report back tomor with update.
    cheers.

Well installer how are things going now mate? Hope you got the dish set before the weather closes in on us, here, in west Kerry, it is starting to blow a bit, but around tea time it was really going it well, but not as strong now.

Regards Wez

weather too bad yesterday and today woke up with flu like symptoms so il give it a bash tomorrow. gonna manually move dish to 23.5 via receiver in a while to see if i can get feeds for tonights gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Setanta usually use 7 or 10 East and are sometimes encrypted. I had a look at the transponders they have used before but no sign of life yet.

installer wrote: »
    weather too bad yesterday and today woke up with flu like symptoms so il give it a bash tomorrow. gonna manually move dish to 23.5 via receiver in a while to see if i can get feeds for tonights gaa.

Well been laid up with the flu the past 3 days and haven't been able to get near the dish as yet. Feeling a bit better today so maybe have another bash at it tomor. My plan is to do as you suggested wez and try for 5w just to confirm the procedure is it as follows.
    1) set motor to 0 position. Install dish to motor as per instructions that came with motor ie elevation angle etc. line up lnb arm so it points exactly same as 0 on motor ( looking from behind dish ) then adjust the whole assembly to face as close to due south as possible.
    2) enter coordinates in azbox under usals setting then through box menu tell the motor to goto 5w position. When motor rests manually adjust motor/dish assembly until signal is acquired on 5w.
    3) am I right in thinking there is no 3. ?
    Should it be as simple as that? I have a professional meter so should be easy enough I would've thought,

Hi
    What is the best current Image for the Elite? Ive a pretty old image and Im not sure which one to install. The last install did not work too well and I needed a TTL to Rs232 converyer to bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Hi
    What is the best current Image for the Elite? Ive a pretty old image and Im not sure which one to install. The last install did not work too well and I needed a TTL to Rs232 converyer to bring it back.

Openrsi with kernel 3.3.1 is working well on my premium pluses. Still not perfect but better than the upc box we have which takes about 3 minutes to boot and freezes regularly.

OpenRSI-3.0-azboxhd-20130803 is the most recent one as far as I know.

• Advertisement

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    Openrsi with kernel 3.3.1 is working well on my premium pluses. Still not perfect but better than the upc box we have which takes about 3 minutes to boot and freezes regularly.

OpenRSI-3.0-azboxhd-20130803 is the most recent one as far as I know.

I have a premium plus hd and cant get youtube working does it work on yours?
    and can you view live feeds in 4:2:2
    thanks.

Advertisement