Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much absinthe is safe?

• 19-10-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

have a litre bottle my boyfriend brought me back from spain, and am gonna have a lash off it tonight to try and forget about a horrible day i had.
    how much of it would be safe to drink?
    and whats a good mix?
    its 85 percent.
    was gonna drink half the bottle and mix it with 1.5 litres of coke, sip away on it until about11 and then hit town.
    advice?

Comments

coke?!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Go to the shop, pick yourself up some sugarcubes. Pour a shot of Absinthe (35ml) into a glass. Put the sugarcube on a spoon and hang it over the glass. Literally DRIP water drop by drop onto the sugar cube til it's melted then, give it a quick stir and sip it.

I usually use 1 part absinthe to 2 or 3 parts water.

Oh, and as for how much? You be the judge!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

500ml of 85% spirit in one sitting, I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't make it into town ;) I had a small quantity of 85% black absinthe and its rocket fuel, felt burning as it went down, I would strongly advise against your plans :P

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This forum is really going to the dogs. I'm off to post a question on how much smack is safe to mainline before it kills me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

holy jesus! do not drink half the bottle of it and go into town!you'll be lucky if you can remember your home address after 4 or 5 shots once they kick in. unless you do the sugarcube way just drink it neat.the burn will make you realise how damn bad/good it is!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Stop when you start hearing voices. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

have a litre bottle my boyfriend brought me back from spain, and am gonna have a lash off it tonight to try and forget about a horrible day i had.
    how much of it would be safe to drink?
    and whats a good mix?
    its 85 percent.
    was gonna drink half the bottle and mix it with 1.5 litres of coke, sip away on it until about11 and then hit town.
    advice?

OP..do you mean 85 proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

The correct method of drinking absinthis to use an absinthe spoon, which has holes in it, place an absinthe soaked sugar cube on it, light it on fire and let it melt into glass, which will also light the absinthe in the glass, cover the glass so the flame is extinguished.....then drink in one. It burns off some of the alcohol.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Don't drink absinthe to get pissed.

Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Half a bottle of Abysinthe and then into town. No bother, the anal tearing will clear up after a few weeks... and if you can't remember what happened the worst of the psychological scarring will be avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Make your own mind up as to the quantity of alcohol that you can safely consume.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement