Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PJ Bennis

• 24-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I have just found out that well known Limerick martial artist PJ Bennis has died after an illness. I've known PJ for many years and he was a very influential figure in the martial arts scene in Limerick helping many, many people particularly in less well off areas of the city. PJ produced some great fighters and has left a legacy that will be hard to fill.

RIP PJ

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Sad news, I training in his gym a few times back in the day.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

.R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Had met P.J. up and down, always struck me as a genuine guy, only ever heard good things about his training, R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

RIP PJ
    Was shocked on Friday to hear of his death. He was a great kickboxing instructor and worked a lot with kids. I had the pleasure of traveling away to a few world championships with him. A great man !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

I remember him from years ago,
    It's a terrible loss for his family, friends and the martial arts community. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

I,ve known PJ for well over 20 years and he was a very decent man.
    RIP Master Bennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

RIP P.J. and condolences to his family

• Advertisement
Advertisement