Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyjamas/Pajams/PJs ........

• 26-01-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

..... or whatever you like to call them are becoming a more regular sight around town now.

Does it warrant discussion?

Personally I don't get it, I think it shows a lack of self respect and not much dignity. Also makes you wonder about that person's standard of hygiene.

It's a free country, so if they are happy to wander around in this gear, so be it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Everyone seems to be banging on about this the last few months, and I can't say I have noticed it.

Must keep an eye out, see what all the fuss is about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just so long as you keep it on the topic of PJ wearing in Kilkenny :rolleyes:

I haven't really noticed but I don't see the fuss, in fact, if more people didn't care, I don't reckon there would be pajamas wearing public around. If walked around in what I wear to bed, I'd be arrested
    for being too damn sexy*

*or maybe not

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I can't imagine people walking about High St in pyjamas.

Does this actually happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I have yet to see anyone around town in them.

I don't know why people get so hot under the collar about it though. So fecking what!

I don't see why it's less hygienic than day clothes.

I don't think it shows a lack of self respect and dignity.

There are worse sights around the town - that guy wearing those bloody awful gold, pointy toed boots for instance.

That's why I liked living in London. Nobody gave a toss what you wore. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

ft9 wrote: »
    Does this actually happen?

It does.

I think it's great; it affords me the ability to identify society's peons from a distance and give them a wide berth, lest I be subjected to their banal utterings on the subject of The X-Factory or whatever the devil it is the great unwashed are tuned to these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I've never seen this myself,but then its not something I'd probably even notice.
    As a matter of interest,is this the same pajamas they wore in bed the night before and didn't bother changing (or showering)?
    Or is it a fresh pajamas, and do they wear that pajamas to bed that evening?
    Do men do it too,or is it just women?
    Is there an etiquette for pajamas wearing during the day?:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I would assume it's just women as I don't think I know any men that possess pajamas.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So they climb out of their pit, and straight out the door, I would think thats probably less hygienic. Anyway its moronic either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

I have yet to see anyone around town in them.

I don't know why people get so hot under the collar about it though. So fecking what!

I don't think it shows a lack of self respect and dignity.

There are worse sights around the town - that guy wearing those bloody awful gold, pointy toed boots for instance.

That's why I liked living in London. Nobody gave a toss what you wore. :rolleyes:

Or the skin tight red jeans he often wears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Have never seen it in Kilkenny.

I was in a Chinese in Bangor in Wales at the weekend. A woman and her daughter came in at 6.3o fully kitted out in a dressing gown, slippers and pyjamas. Was pretty ridiculous. Just as we were leaving we saw them getting into a white chromed out Range Rover. Definitely not lacking in the money department. Could well have been drug money though.

I've heard people have actually got a pair of pyjamas for leaving the house. It nearly seems worse to me that they'd do that. Makes anyone look like complete gob****es imo.

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    So they climb out of their pit, and straight out the door, I would think thats probably less hygienic. Anyway its moronic either way.

No, I'm the only one who does that when I'm stuck for a litre of milk. :P

Most public pyjama wearers take them straight from the Penny's pack after having a shower. :D

I dislike it when people judge other people because of what they wear. It's so last century. I don't judge red jean/gold shod chappie because of what he wears - I just think it looks ****e.

What about those men of an age who should know better who wear those floppy, leather cowboy looking hats? Kilkenny seems to be busting at the seams with them these last few months or is it just that they're filming Crocodile Dundalk in Ireland and they are all immersion actors. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Saw a woman parked across from Xtra Vision at Canal Square last Monday evening, talking to someone outside her car. She was in full pyjama rig out.

That was the first time I'd seen it. Now, after seeing this thread I realise it's becoming quite popular.

Jesus.

Much worse than the gold cowboy boot/cavalry jacket/cowboy hat fella. He should be commended for having the balls to wear that get up. And at least it's a 'style' of some sort.

Pyjamas outside just mean you're a lazy sham with no self respect.

Marble City of the Squinting Windows. Have you nothing else to get het up about? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

No comment.

From Kilkenny People:

Participants sought for National Pyjama Day

Published on Tuesday 21 February 2012 12:27

Providers of early childcare and education services in Kilkenny are invited to don their “onesies” in support of National Pyjama Day on March 23.

Last year, 15 Kilkenny services raised over €3,500 Pyjama Day, and organisers are hoping to raise a total of €350,000 this year. The funding from the National Pyjama Day will help to support a dedicated hospice home care service for children.

Anyone involved in the early childhood care and education sector can take part in National Pyjama Day by registering through www.earlychildhoodireland.ie and clicking on the Pyjama Day logo on the home page; emailing nationalpjday@earlychildhoodireland.ie for a registration form; or calling 087 275 5675 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kilkennycd

I dont know why people worry about what people wear there covered what harm are they doing to anyone... if someone want to go to the shop in pymajamas whats the harm or the guy ye talk abou in red jeans or if another man wanted to walk down high st in a dress what is the harm in this I think its very narrow minded and judgemental of anyone to knock it as every one to there own

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

It's Kilkenny....it's the cat's pyjamas :-)

Went into Kytlers for a late pint Friday night and there was a group with about 6 girls all wearing pyjamas. I had a few beers on board but know I definitely didn't imagine it. Before you say they were dressed up for a 'hen night', believe me they weren't. I better state 'It's a free country,so each to their own' before I get a verbal lynching but in my opinion it's the opposite of classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Went into Kytlers for a late pint Friday night and there was a group with about 6 girls all wearing pyjamas. I had a few beers on board but know I definitely didn't imagine it. Before you say they were dressed up for a 'hen night', believe me they weren't. I better state 'It's a free country,so each to their own' before I get a verbal lynching but in my opinion it's the opposite of classy.
    That's disgusting. It's one thing if you're nipping to the shops for milk but in a place like Kytelers c'mon seriously. Are people getting lazier or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 asheyd

I don't ever forsee an occasion where I would wear PJs outside the house - however I dont see why people who do are being judged so harshly - each to their own! I'm sure there was a point in time when people who wore tracksuits or runners whilst not actually doing some form or sporting activity were frowned upon - its just a fad - not an indication of the moral standing of these people - so live and let live! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

asheyd wrote: »
    I'm sure there was a point in time when people who wore tracksuits or runners whilst not actually doing some form or sporting activity were frowned upon
    I still frown upon them, though it does make them easily identifiable as society's peons, thus they are easily avoided..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Perhaps you should have asked them why they were waring pyjamas out on a friday night and they would have set you straight that it was a charity event organised in the form of a pyjama party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

perhaps this would be a good time to put this thread to bed:o:o:o:o

perhaps this would be a good time to put this thread to bed:o:o:o:o

Hey, you forgot your coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

kkhornet wrote: »
    Perhaps you should have asked them why they were waring pyjamas out on a friday night and they would have set you straight that it was a charity event organised in the form of a pyjama party.

You dont walk up to people and ask them why they're wearing what they're wearing,especially if what they are wearing is considered acceptable in some circles.
    If your going to dress up (or down) for charity it should be blatently obvious,otherwise its a big FAIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xxshirlxx

That was the night of the pajama party in Kytlers.. I live very close by and didnt know what was going on until i read the sign outside..
    Wearing pj's in public is just wrong.. did anyone watch that programme on rte a few weeks ago called the pajama girls.. about 2 teenage girls from dublin that wear their pjs all day everyday hanging around town.. they were telling their life story.. cringing watching it..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kilkenny360

Haven't seen it myself, but I guess if they're comfortable and are not offending people, who am I to complain.

Advertisement