Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro.ie - dating agency

• 11-10-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone ever used, or heard feedback on the dating agency Intro.ie

They are advertising on the radio at the moment. It's €400 to join - a lot of money - but they meet each client individually and organise 'matches' so your photo doesnt go up on a website.

Plus I think the cost of joining should put off the 'weirdos'/married men?

Or should I try a free site first and see how it goes? I've never tried internet dating before.

thanks
    Seablue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I don't see how a dating site that is more confidential than the others would attract less married men.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

mackg wrote: »
    I don't see how a dating site that is more confidential than the others would attract less married men.

Hmm, yeah I see what you're saying. I didn't think that one through :rolleyes:
    I was thinking the cost would put them off, and the face to face interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

To be honest I think married men probably wouldn't go to the 'hassle' of this, when they can go on any other site that's free and less hassle.

I'd have thought it would only be men (and women) who are serious about meeting someone.. But then again who knows?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I dunno, 400 euro is steep. Just put up a profile on Plentyoffish or OkCupid. It's free.

There is going to be a very shallow pool of people willing to pay 400 euro (or capable given the current economic situation we're in) to avail of this service I think.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Two friends of mine tried it for a while and another used to work for the company, and based on their experiences I wouldn't really recommend it.

They interview their clients (and reject some of them) so I woudn't have thought married blokes going on it would be an issue. What married guy is going to spend 400 quid to get a company to set him up on dates with girls looking to get serious anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Intro Matchmaking

Hi guys, my name is Rena and I am a Director of Intro Matchmaking. I would just like to take this opportunity to clarify with reference to Pepe LeFrits comment. You must be confusing us with a different company as we have only 4 employees and we have no ex-employees so your friend could not possibly have worked for us at any time. We do not accept everyone, only those that are looking for a proper relationship and we have controls in place to ensure this. I hope this clarifies things.

Mod edit;

No advertising please Intro Matching

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

seablue wrote: »

Or should I try a free site first and see how it goes? I've never tried internet dating before.

Op if you have never tried inet dating before then try one of the free sites. plentyoffish, smooch or okdating. There is an online dating thread in the gentlemens club which has lots of regular contributors - lots of advice and info etc. good and bad!

I met my OH on Smooch 8 months ago by the way :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I guess there's more than one show in town.

Wouldn't pay €400 at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

I have signed up to an online site, decided to give that a go first.

First impressions are

1. It takes a lot of time - to get your profile set up, and then to search through all the possible guys, and see what they are looking for in a woman.
    2. Any man around my age is looking for a younger woman.

Thanks for all the feedback.

-seablue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I met my husband on a dating site, we're married 3 1/2 yrs now. It was the oul Free Trial that reeled us both in:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eirieu

I am interested in trying Intro matchmaking, it's worth the fee to save the time of searching, searching...
    Wish me luck...I will let you know how it goes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 syjg18

You better try a free site first. If it works well, then you can go with the paid ones if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bd_2011

hi eirieu,

Just wondering how you got on with this dating agency intro.ie?

Would you recommend it. Im single and my new years resolution is to find new ways to meet someone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Huckster

More money doesn't necessarily mean a better service- at that rate, I'd be inclined to take up a new hobby such as joining a language class. At least if you don't get a man out of it, you'll still get a new skill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

If you have the money why not give it a go?

Plenty of people will say its too dear but I'd you meet the man of your dreams won't it be worth it. You could quickly and easily spend 400 on nights out trying to meet a man so what's the difference

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Geraldo1981 I've deleted your post as the Ladies Lounge is not the place for such posts. I've also closed the thread as threads on specific dating agencies aren't for the forum(and usually end badly). Thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement