Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FX: Alves v Kampmann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

Killer instinct from Te Huna, very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Fair play to Court McGee, nice to see the Amish getting involved in MMA.

Flyweight tournament! Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

bullsh!t call. No way did Johnson win that - I had McCall first and third rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Delighted - maybe if McCall was concentrating on what he was doing instead of shouting to the fans for the last 30 seconds he may have had a chance to finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah me too, but such a close fight! Perhaps McCall should've concentrated on finishing the fight rather than acting the maggot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Not very likeable McCall is he..Still thought he done enough.

Missed round 1 but that smelled like BS. Uncle Creepy almost had the finish, don't know why he let DJ stand up at one point in r3.

Wait.............

6 draws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

WOAH!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait.............

6 draws?

I'm guessing it's japanese judges.

Is Alves/Kampmann 5 rounds or what? They've been on and off lately.

I'm guessing it's japanese judges.

Is Alves/Kampmann 5 rounds or what? They've been on and off lately.

Presume so, it being a main event..

I'm guessing that now Uri****ani will fight McColl around the same time as Benavidez fights Johnson, and the winner will get the next title shot. So there is a good enough opportunity for some retribution from McColl's standpoint.

It will be nice to follow the narrative of this division.

Hooray, boards' language filter thinks the Japanese guy's name is a swearword.

AFAIK it's 3 rounds.

They originally made all numbered events Main Events 5 rounds, with Fight Night and the likes being 3 rounds.

But from now on, all Main Event contracts will be signed on for 5 rounds.

AFAIK it's 3 rounds.

They originally made all numbered events Main Events 5 rounds, with Fight Night and the likes being 3 rounds.

But from now on, all Main Event contracts will be signed on for 5 rounds.

Thanks for pointing that out Stuffins :)

It never came into my head that it was a non-numbered event.

I'm going to miss my UFC on a Saturday for a few weeks :p

Yeah, I remember there used to be a UFC just once every 6 weeks or so.

These days if there isn't a card for 3-4 weeks it's like it's been ages! Withdrawls start setting in! :P

For what it's worth, the last "UFC on Fox" had a five round main event. I don't know what they'll be doing here but I wouldn't rule five rounds out. Saying that, it's 03:37 now and would be a strange time to put on a 25 minute fight.

Kurz wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the last "UFC on Fox" had a five round main event. I don't know what they'll be doing here but I wouldn't rule five rounds out. Saying that, it's 03:37 now and would be a strange time to put on a 25 minute fight.

Very true about the last FOX card. Evans v Davis.

Tonight though will definitely be 3 rounds as they can't change it once the contracts have been signed.

But after the controversy over Sanchez v Ellenberger a couple of weeks, Dana White announced ALL Main Events will be 5 rounds.

Gonna have to get dug into Bellator for the next 6 weeks.

Here comes the light heavyweight that's fighting Kampmann :P

• Advertisement

Gonna have to get dug into Bellator for the next 6 weeks.

Here comes the light heavyweight that's fighting Kampmann :P

I'm going to hibernate and get ready for the Silva/Sonnen, Evans/Jones, Dos Santos/Overeem fights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It's not gay if they dont make eye contact.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It's not gay if they dont make eye contact.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Surprised by Alves on the ground there. For years he's been "the Brazilian withouth BJJ". Although having said that, once he got to mount he didn't do much with it!

Very true about the last FOX card. Evans v Davis.

Tonight though will definitely be 3 rounds as they can't change it once the contracts have been signed.

But after the controversy over Sanchez v Ellenberger a couple of weeks, Dana White announced ALL Main Events will be 5 rounds.

I'm still having a hard time understanding the difference between FX, Fuel and Fox cards. Fuel and FX seem like fight nights, and FOX seem like lower-level PPVs. But I think Fuel is meant to be lower-level than FX.

Not mad about the Fox thing to be honest, we seem to be getting more mid-level cards with PPVs going back to once a month or so. We might not get a numbered event with something like "Griffin vs Ortiz" as the main card though, which is a plus.

I'm still having a hard time understanding the difference between FX, Fuel and Fox cards. Fuel and FX seem like fight nights, and FOX seem like lower-level PPVs. But I think Fuel is meant to be lower-level than FX.

Not mad about the Fox thing to be honest, we seem to be getting more mid-level cards with PPVs going back to once a month or so. We might not get a numbered event with something like "Griffin vs Ortiz" as the main card though, which is a plus.

I'd see it like this.

PPVs are their bread and butter. They're top priority. For the time being, FOX cards are just slightly lower than that, big names and big fights to grab the attention of the casual fan.

All other cards are on a par with each other.

Someone made a good soccer analogy in here recently and it went something like this:

Numbered events = Premiership.
    Fox events = Championship.
    FX= League 1
    Fuel = League 2

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm going to hibernate and get ready for the Silva/Sonnen, Evans/Jones, Dos Santos/Overeem fights :pac:

Speaking of Silva/Sonnen, my excitement was dwindling since it's been dragged out so much. Then I saw this, by Nicktheface

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

2 rounds to Alves?

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    2 rounds to Alves?

Yes

Advertisement