Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for protecting wall for a Cabinet-style Dartboard

• 05-01-2011 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas what to protect wall and wooden floor with for a dartboard in a cabinet. a sheet of cork is the only thing i have come up with but would that be thick enough? any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

mayb u shud just hit the dartboard u retard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackeire

dont use a cabinet, get one of the foam surrounds. And for the floor, get a rubber mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Nothing wrong with using a cabinet if you don't like the look of the surround. I recently changed from a surround to a cabinet anyway. If you're that worried about the floor just put a mat down, or better still buy on of the rubber mats with the distances on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

I got a board for xmas n picked up a winmau mat from argos for 54 quid to protect the wooden floor, rolled it out n gave it a test by dropping a dart, went straight thru so i brought it back. I now have 4 carpet tiles i borrowed from work i just throw down when im playing....they do a great job. A few mates gargled aiming for double 3 is asking for trouble so i have an excercise mat tacked to the bottom of the cabinet, does the trick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shane St. wrote: »
    mayb u shud just hit the dartboard u retard

Banned for abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

I got it with a cabinet for Christmas so i have no choice on that front!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A cork board would be more than thick enough. I read threads where people used notice boards make of cork as well, and they never had complaints. It helps reduce the 'Thud' sound of the dart striking the board which will keep those pesky neighbours quiet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    A cork board would be more than thick enough. I read threads where people used notice boards make of cork as well, and they never had complaints. It helps reduce the 'Thud' sound of the dart striking the board which will keep those pesky neighbours quiet. :D

Sheet of cork or board as in a noticeboard style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

tomombo wrote: »
    Sheet of cork or board as in a noticeboard style?

Both of them work equally well. I'd go with the sheet of cork though and cut it down to size if it's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭astimpson

I bought a cork mat from Woodies its for the bath as far as i could tell it was only 5 euro it drowns out the Thud plus safes the cabinet and wall behind. . for the floor i got the 4 exercise mats from Argos around 25euro they are similar to a jigsaw style of joining together and they are about 1" thick so they protect the floor they are a little bit to big so u may need to slice an inch of for tidiness sake. . all in all its cheaper than the rubber mats and don't stink the room out of it with that strong rubber smell. . .hope that helped . . :)

keep it in the lipstick

• Advertisement
Advertisement