Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

• 24-02-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

online code: 29118414
    15% off
    Expires 25/3/08

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it worth while buying with what you would have to pay customs??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

We've never been stung by customs through American Eagle (have through Abercrombie and Hollister).

Last purchase was a jumper for the brother, top for the girlfriend and a pair of runners for myself. Managed to get the whole lot including shipping for $74 which at just under 50 euro is probably less than any of them would have cost here.

I think a good rule of thumb is, if you don't want a large customs bill, don't go wild!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I spent just over $200 including shipping and had to pay €56 customs. The majority of that is VAT. Either way it still worked out cheap so I wasn't bothered. That code would have come in handy three weeks ago.

AE use USPS (United States Postal Service) so if you keep your order total low enough you have a good chance of avoiding customs. Any that use the likes of FEDEX you will more than likely be stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Thanks for that, picked up a 2 tops, 2 tees and a hat for less than €90 delivered. Worth it even if I do get caught for VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Check out the clearance section, there are some nice shirts in there for $20 ($16.96 after discount or about €11.50!). The quality of their clothes is quite high. Would recommend it. Also, the shirts just have a little eagle logo on the breast which is usually the same colour as the shirt itself so it doesn't stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

linky to the site please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

whats their average postage ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

s8n wrote: »
    whats their average postage ?
    Seems either $30 or $60 dollars.

gob_smacked linky to the site please
    Link

ty (I googled it and got it just thought the link should be on the page) going to get some stuff off here little of topic any more sites like this that ye use most helpfull!Either way good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Anyone know how AE sizes compare to ours? Average US or slightly bigger/smaller.

I usually tend to buy tops(t-shirts etc) in a size large here mainly due my height and arm length. Would a safe bet be a medium US size.
    Looked at their size chart but it's not making things any easier.All my tops just have "L" on the label no measurements that I can compare with.
    Try to measure your arm length on your own:D:D even the dog is giving me strange looks.

• Advertisement

Anytime I bought clothes in the 'States I went for the L size (which I take here) for everything but fitted caps.
    I think the way the yanks work it is just adding in a few more sizes after the XL :D

I think they also have an added size for someone who's tall but skinny.

Cheers Wertz, Going by my chest measurements I'd be looking at medium from that site. Chest size on their large is massive on me.
    The folks brought me back some T-shirts earlier in the year,all large in size but they were either slightly big or comically big. Might take the chance and go for the medium. Me thinks their idea of large is somewhat different to ours.:D

If they don't fit I always have Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Trying to order stuff just there, put in the CC details and then clicked purchase or whatever it downloads a payment.jsp file. The site just stays 'processing' for ages and nothing seems to happen. Any ideas??

Adam

//edit... Went and started all over again in IE and worked fine. Things like that make me dislike Firefox, even though its so much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they has a sizing chart on the website, which is accurate, because when you buy a 34" waist pair of jeans, they are actually 34".

pity i didn't have this code on saturday, i ordered about $200 worth of stuff (3 pairs of jeans and a shirt).

american eagle seem to be the most plain type clothes out of abercrombie/hollister/american eagle, it's the main reason coupled with the reason above that i have so much of their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Theres some more debt on my credit card!

Cheers!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

2 polo shirts for under 50euro! hell yeah!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Cremo wrote: »
    they has a sizing chart on the website, which is accurate, because when you buy a 34" waist pair of jeans, they are actually 34".

So if someone normally wears a 32"x32" here they are safe enough ordering the same from the site?

It's just the length on the chart is the inseam length rather than the leg length

how long does it take to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

how long does it take to get them?

Always been within a week for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah they're very quick delivery and good tracking system.

Found them very slow for shipping orders in November but much better since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    So if someone normally wears a 32"x32" here they are safe enough ordering the same from the site?

It's just the length on the chart is the inseam length rather than the leg length
    yeh their leg measurements are spot on too well i find compared to other high street (hate using that term) stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Cheers for the code OP. Works out pretty cheap even if customs catches me

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

johnfás wrote: »
    online code: 29118414
    15% off
    Expires 25/3/08

nice one johnfás.

just a quick question before I order. I work full-time and therefore won't be at home for the usual business hours when my goods should be delivered. who will deliver the goods to my house? An Post or USPS? if it's An Post that's grand because they can do the usual leave the note and I can head in some other time but if it's USPS what happens if I'm not there?

USPS is United States Postal Service so An Post will deliver it to your house.

lol I kinda forgot about making this order till this thread got bumped...checked my account and the tracking ID shows the package as having arrived in ireland yesterday (friday)...so I should have it monday morning....f*ckin' hell, that's fast.

Judging by my last few deliveries it'll take a fair while to get from there to your house.

Last time it took 4 days go go from dublin airport to ucd.

USPS is United States Postal Service so An Post will deliver it to your house.

thanks Steph.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Does anyone have any codes like this for the hollister website ??

yeah it would be much appreciated if people could give out other codes for any other clothing websites they might have.

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    lol I kinda forgot about making this order till this thread got bumped...checked my account and the tracking ID shows the package as having arrived in ireland yesterday (friday)...so I should have it monday morning....f*ckin' hell, that's fast.

Yeah just had a look at my tracking number and my stuff is this side of the pond too.
    Does anyone know if GLS(spits) still handle USPS items when they arrive here. If so, I should have my new threads in time for Christmas.:(

Oh thank god......
    USPS will not be renewing its package delivery contract with GLS.

United States Postal Service based its decision not to renew its contract with General Logistics Systems, which is owned by Royal Mail, on service and fee complaints by its customers. The new contract will go to Deutsche Post and, indirectly, the switch represents yet another blow for Royal Mail.

....and that's going back to 2004. It's that long since I've bought stuff from the US where USPS are involved,I just go nah ,means GLS pick up the ball here and drop it. Would only buy from the US when DHL/UPS are the courier.
    Should be lookin' well smart in me new threads before the week is out.:D:D

Advertisement