Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got my 10th fantastic rating during the week! It's really great cause I get a few repeat street pass hits in college pretty often. I think my neighbour has a 3DS, she is level 7 now and get a hit almost every day from her :D Few at the mall too, I think it must be employees. Most people don't leave me a personal greeting. One girl did the other day. "Googleplex!!!" it was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I'm going to Dublin for the next few days and I'll be in the city pretty much all day each day, so it's quite probable that I'll streetpass some of you in the coming days.

My Mii name is Rob, and I'll change my greeting to Atari Jaguar if I remember. It's currently Nirvana rules or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive 216 streetpass hits and 143 in my plaza so far top that, plus im wearing Dark lord Helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive 216 streetpass hits and 143 in my plaza so far top that, plus im wearing Dark lord Helmet

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

I got 10 streetpasses in the four days in Dublin, three of which were from a guy on the trip. Pretty poor to be honest, seeing as I was in really busy places most of the time.

I met a guy Chain with 138 streetpasses. That's not any of you by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I have a radio in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

6th hit thursday, first mario kart street pass :O all in castlebar/unique.

surprised it actually works tbh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I start fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got another streetpass hit that didn't give me a MiiPlaza hit. God damn it people, I have a king to save!

I also sleep in a big bed with o1s1n's wife. I mean my wife. Damn, it's out of the bag now...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My only semi-regular streetpass hits are from my younger sister when I go up home!

But I have many leatherbound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Banjo wrote: »
    I got another streetpass hit that didn't give me a MiiPlaza hit. God damn it people, I have a king to save!

Happened to me for the first time today. I always get a tingling feel when I see the green light. Couldn't believe the disappointment when there wasn't a Mii in the plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Over 16,000 steps today and not a single bloody Street Pass...and I took the long way through town and everything

I have a radio in my car.

ive digtal cd player in my car

Over 16,000 steps today and not a single bloody Street Pass...and I took the long way through town and everything

is sd card in 3ds, 3ds needs sd card inside it to work to receive data Street Pass games, hits, mii, accomplishments, etc.

Hang on - with the exception of the Motorbike and that pod they used to rescue the Chilean miners, the car is the worst mode of transport for getting streetpass hits in. There's no way someone as focused on StreetPassing as you are has one or would dare to set foot in one. Also, what is this Buck Rodgers "Digital CD" madeyup spaceman technology of which you speak? I call Shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wow... this guy just doesn't get it, does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Been meeting the same 3DS owner for a few days during a commute - so got my first personalised response to the 'Atari Jaguar' greeting - they responded with an 'Atari Lynx'. :cool:

It just seemed to be the 100% appropriate response!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Well played sir :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My message is "Mahna mahna" and I got a personal response yesterday of "Do do do do do" :D

I get lots of repeat hits from people on the bus and in college, its great :)

Playing through streetpass quest 2 for the 3rd time :cool: Oh yeah, my life is great.

Pfft, live beats CD! I take a band round in the back of my car. :cool:
    Unfortunately, they only know one song. :o

• Advertisement

Pfft, live beats CD! I take a band round in the back of my car. :cool:
    Unfortunately, they only know one song. :o

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Achilles wrote: »
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Is your internet connection being proxied out through another country? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

93 people in my friends list, 235 in my plaza...
    o1s1n wrote: »
    I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

I sleep in a super-king sized bed (only got it last week so had to mention!)
    Banjo wrote: »
    the car is the worst mode of transport for getting streetpass hits in.

I got one last week in my commute down the N7 (some guy called Fola).
    I know I give out about tailgating on that bloody road but I really didn't notice someone that close!

The radius is 30m I thought - my theory is that it's people on Bus Eireann buses. I always pull up along side them and overtake at a relative walking pace as a precaution :)

Is your internet connection being proxied out through another country? O_o

No but come to think of it I think some of this connection VPNs into the UK so that's probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

is sd card in 3ds, 3ds needs sd card inside it to work to receive data Street Pass games, hits, mii, accomplishments, etc.

Yep, I do indeed have an SD card in my 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I was Atari Jaguar-ed by robman60 today, i must have passed by while I was cycling! :D

I was pretty excited when I saw it was someone from here.

I'm pretty sure it happened when I was in Supermacs on the Headford Road. Would that location seem about right to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

robman60 wrote: »
    I was pretty excited when I saw it was someone from here.

I'm pretty sure it happened when I was in Supermacs on the Headford Road. Would that location seem about right to you?

Let me see... I made a quick stop at Aldi (opposite the shopping centre) shortly after 6, and left the retail park there by 6:15 (have a receipt for 6:13). Then headed straight for the roundabout and then out the Sean Mulvoy road, I would have been close enough to Supermacs but not that close since I didn't go through the Tesco car park or anything. Forgot to check the streetpass hit times but got a mariokart data notification at 6:22 so that must have been you. Maybe the range of this thing is better than advertised! :)

• Advertisement

I just checked Google maps as I'm not terribly familiar with the Galway roads.

From what you've said, we must have streetpassed while I was in the car. I'm pretty surprised it worked even though our meeting would have only been brief.

I feel like a detective at work figuring this out ;p

Advertisement