Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/advice needed re Architectural Technician

• 28-02-2012 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Currently in the middle of my building project and to say the least my Architectural Technician has been painful to deal with.
    Ive been chasing him since november for paper work for my next mortgage stage payment. The stuff is either incorrect or in the "post".

I started the build last june and it had taken over two years to get to that stage between planning and getting the mortgage. I tried to change to a different engineer last sept, after i'd been unable to get in touch with him in months, but the bank manged to get in touch with him and therefore wouldnt allow me to change:mad::mad::mad:
    The building is sealed and ive started wiring it,but no money left for plumbers/plasters etc.

Anyone out there that can give a bit of advice on what to do next??

Oh and yea hes not owed any money at this stage.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,760 ✭✭✭✭muffler

munsterxv wrote: »
    Hi,

Currently in the middle of my building project and to say the least my Architectural Technician has been painful to deal with.
    Ive been chasing him since november for paper work for my next mortgage stage payment. The stuff is either incorrect or in the "post".

I started the build last june and it had taken over two years to get to that stage between planning and getting the mortgage. I tried to change to a different engineer last sept, after i'd been unable to get in touch with him in months, but the bank manged to get in touch with him and therefore wouldnt allow me to change:mad::mad::mad:
    The building is sealed and ive started wiring it,but no money left for plumbers/plasters etc.

Anyone out there that can give a bit of advice on what to do next??

Oh and yea hes not owed any money at this stage.

Thanks
    That's regrettable indeed. Alas, these things happen but the incidents would be few and far between. It's certainly not how most professionals would behave.

If you can make contact with the guy give him a deadline. Tell him that the paperwork needs to be completed by whatever day/date and you can call to his office and collect it personally.

Alternatively you can ring your solicitor and advise him of the situation and ask him/her to get in contact with the AT concerned. The paperwork for the drawdown of stage payments goes to your solicitor anyhow so maybe that's the best option to pursue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

muffler wrote: »
    Alternatively you can ring your solicitor and advise him of the situation and ask him/her to get in contact with the AT concerned. The paperwork for the drawdown of stage payments goes to your solicitor anyhow so maybe that's the best option to pursue.

Definitely the way I would go about it.

Advertisement