Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurobird 9E

• 04-03-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I checked online that EuroBird 9E is only 4 degree between hotbird 13E. My receivers has not pre-set Eurobird 9E, I have tried to added this satellite on my lidl receiver from this webiste http://www.freewebs.com/how-2-receive-eurobird9/receivingeurobird9e.htm, and also tried to add a LNB to the dish, but all signal i got is from hotbird.

Anyone know what went wrong? dish too small to pick up for 2 Satellites? What's the right setting to set a Satellites on receivers.

Any advices will helps.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭swoofer

did you fit the correct ka band lnb?? for 9east

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hi guys,

I checked online that EuroBird 9E is only 4 degree between hotbird 13E. My receivers has not pre-set Eurobird 9E, I have tried to added this satellite on my lidl receiver from this webiste http://www.freewebs.com/how-2-receive-eurobird9/receivingeurobird9e.htm, and also tried to add a LNB to the dish, but all signal i got is from hotbird.

Anyone know what went wrong? dish too small to pick up for 2 Satellites? What's the right setting to set a Satellites on receivers.

Any advices will helps.

Thanks

What size is your dish? If it is the one that came with the Lidl package it is probably too small and a 80 cm dish would be better.

http://www.eutelsat.com/dual-reception-9-13/monoblock_soln.html

There is another satellite at 9 East which RTE will be using for Saorsat but I presume you want Eurobird 9 (recently renamed Eutelsat 9A)?

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-9A-and-Ka-Sat-9A.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

... and also tried to add a LNB to the dish, but all signal i got is from hotbird.

What kind of DiSEqC switch did you use? What size is your dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

Hi

I am not using the monoblock, using this website indicated.

http://www.eutelsat.com/dual-reception-9-13/double_LNB_soln.html, I guessed my dish is 60 cm from other company but receiver is using the Lidl one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

What size is your dish? If it is the one that came with the Lidl package it is probably too small and a 80 cm dish would be better.

http://www.eutelsat.com/dual-reception-9-13/monoblock_soln.html

There is another satellite at 9 East which RTE will be using for Saorsat but I presume you want Eurobird 9 (recently renamed Eutelsat 9A)?

Yeah, I'm looking for Eurobird 9, maybe is my dish is too small for 2 satellites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hi guys,

Any advices will helps.

Thanks

Can you describe how you have set it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

I guessed my dish is 60 cm from other company but receiver is using the Lidl one.

I don't think 4 degree separation would be possible on a 60cm dish, the lnbs would be overlapping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I don't think 4 degree separation would be possible on a 60cm dish, the lnbs would be overlapping.

Agreed.

I myself have a 60cm dish pointing at hotbird, I just get up and move the dish myself to eurobird when ever I want to watch something on it, takes like less than a minute. Although I do have a roof I can just walk out on so I guess it might be a bit harder for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Reece76

Hi
    I am trying to also connect a satelite to EB 9 but i cant seem to find satelites and especially the most important one 12341 V 27500 is very weak. We tried with som signal meters but the seem to take in HB 13 and not 9.
    Can someone help.
    Cheers Reece

reece that frequency is for the AF= American Forces Network and its encrypted in powervu!! and I think you still need a dedicated receiver!

• Advertisement

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    reece that frequency is for the AF= American Forces Network and its encrypted in powervu!! and I think you still need a dedicated receiver!

I do have that receiver only i cant get that signal to lock in to my receiver. I have nosignal quality irrespective f what i do. i cant seem to find it. Do you have any ideas?
    >Thanx 4 the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

There is also about 10 degrees difference in terms of Elevation too.

In my experiments with a Sky 60cm dish I can pull in 28.2, 19.2 and 13 on a simple multi lnb bracket. Mind you, Astra 1 is right on Top of Astra2 in terms of lnb distance for that 9 degrees.

reece, you need to establish you are on 9east first, so to do that tune in a free to air. I use ANN 11727V, 27500 and its a very strong signal. you dont say where you are or what receiver or size dish or lnb allwill have a bearing. I can pick up saorsat with a sky 60cm so you should be able to tget ANN with that as well. But if you are using a multibracket then its tricky. you should aim for 9 east as the centre focus.

and that AFN has a very strong signal as well but i have a 1.1m triax

reece, you need to establish you are on 9east first, so to do that tune in a free to air. I use ANN 11727V, 27500 and its a very strong signal. you dont say where you are or what receiver or size dish or lnb allwill have a bearing. I can pick up saorsat with a sky 60cm so you should be able to tget ANN with that as well. But if you are using a multibracket then its tricky. you should aim for 9 east as the centre focus.

and that AFN has a very strong signal as well but i have a 1.1m triax

Thanks my friend!
    I live in Cork and have an 80 cm dish from Lidl. I did try to manually set in some transponders only some seem to be weak especially that AFN one. i have like 74 and 14% Sign quality but some transponders show 80 to 70 and that is what i cant seem to understand. LNB is a single Smart LNB: Receiver SL65 and PowerVu receiver also for AFN :(
    Thanx in advance!

ok, i cheked that lnb and all I could see was a smart titanium 0.1db. But you must use the FTA channel I gave you to tune dish in. Even an 80cm lidl dish should be ok. Have you got the dish elevation spot on and do you know about moving lnb in and out to fine tune. That silvercrest has quite a sensitive tuner but awkward to put a channel in or so I have heard. The one I gave you is V polarity so you will need a horizontal one as well, I'll give that in a bit and I'll check the afn ones as well. Until you get a picture on ANN you are wasting your time as 10east is so close to 9e. Also check the sat cable, no kinks or bends. your dish elevation should be 28.4 to start and skew to the left as you look ie anticlockwise is 13.3% it should show on top of lnb. it means the lnb wont be dead straight as you look at it, ala a sky dish.

get colours first on ANN, I use dishpointer com, any trees in the way?

this is an H one 11823H, 27500 I get 85S 90Q and I am in clare near the atalntic. all of afn are V and these are 75s and 84q, on a spider9000hd.

Update:
    I am able to receive channels on the 11727V 27500 with signal quality of 74%( 11823V27500 is also strong) and it includes canal24horas:telesur:sct:tve internacional:sct: bbc arabic but then if i change to the AFN transponder i dont feta a signal quality! That is strange
    Any ideas mate?

reece that is 13east, you have to get that channel ANN ie a picture on your TV then you know you are on 9east, its as simple as that but you must have dish set correctly as well.

reece that is 13east, you have to get that channel ANN ie a picture on your TV then you know you are on 9east, its as simple as that but you must have dish set correctly as well.

so the above transponders are 13 and not 9 degrees or am i missing something:(. I had this guy come up with his measuring device so im kind of confused. can u please elaborate on this.

ok, that receiver you have is pretty basic and i dont know much about it, it may already have 9east in the menu system but on 9east there are only a few free to air channels and until you see a picture with the ANN logo you wont know you are on 9east, there are loads of satellites, 7, 9 10, 13, 16, 19 east and they re-use transponder frequencies. You need to have the sat 9east in the box and then add the frequency for ANN. Here is a snippet from the silvercrest manual.

" Hints for satellite experts:
    Additionally, you may run a special scan, for which start and end frequencies can be
    entered. (transponder frequencies are unknown)
    Procedure: “Menu“ key, System installation, automatic scan, enter satellite as well as
    start and end frequencies, possibility of entering up to three different symbol rates,
    “OK” key. This scan requires more time then the one described above. Transponder
    frequencies are found, then press “OK“ key for scanning the individual TV channels.
    Save channels manually after the scan has finished.

but you have to have dish set up correctly from the outset.

have a look at dishpointer com, its self explanatory, put in your location, select the sat 9east and it will give you setting,

then go to lyngsat com and select 9east and it show you all the frequecnies for that sat

here is a link

there are 2 sats at 9east but for the 2nd ie saorsat you need a different lnb.

are you clear now, you should get an easier to use receiver, !!

so to recap, enter the frequency to receiver, have tv and receiver conected, go to dish and have someone watch tv, make sure dish is set as above. at the moment you have moved dish too far to left so move back slowy a small amount. and REMEBER a digital signal is slower to get from dish so you have to wait for about 15secs, ie move dish, wait, 15 secs, etc but move it very very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Reece, GB has told you what you need to do, tune in a free to air channel on 9 East and then do a full scan and you will get all the channels including AFN.

If your dish is still pointing at 13 East this may be useful, it is advice from AFN last year when they moved transmissions from 13 East to 9 East. If you click on any of the receiver models it shows how to retune them but the main thing is the dish must be propertly aligned to 9 East. Like GB says you need to proceed slowly and carefully with someone watching the TV to let you know what is happening. On the AFN site it shows you need to move the dish by only about 2 mm so it is very critical.

http://www.afneurope.net/tabid/1995/Default.aspx

And again don't be confused by the fact that 13 East and 9 East use some of the same transponder frequencies. There are thousands of transponders in use on the various satellites so it would be more surprising if they all had unique frequencies.

• Advertisement

ooops I forgot to add that the pole has to be dead vertical ie 100% and the dish fitted exactly ie dead straight, if not you are in trouble. no dents in dish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Hi guys looking for some 9 east advice, i get the tps mentioned above 11727v and 11823 h so I know I am on 9 east. However the tp I want is 12034 v 27500 TF1 hd. Any advice.

I have an 80cm dish with 19 and 13 and triax bracket.

ps by the way getting plenty of 7east channels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

kooga wrote: »
    Hi guys looking for some 9 east advice, i get the tps mentioned above 11727v and 11823 h so I know I am on 9 east. However the tp I want is 12034 v 27500 TF1 hd. Any advice.

I have an 80cm dish with 19 and 13 and triax bracket.

ps by the way getting plenty of 7east channels as well.

The transponder you're looking for is weaker than the rest.

radiowaves wrote: »
    The transponder you're looking for is weaker than the rest.

i felt that was the reason, but if anybody has it they might update details of signal strenght and quality. I'm in Cork city. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

kooga wrote: »
    i felt that was the reason, but if anybody has it they might update details of signal strenght and quality. I'm in Cork city. Tks

Signal strength and quality will depend on size of dish. You'll need to be prime-focussed with your 80cm to get it.

i just checked for you using a triax 1.1m and a black ultra lnb, its 82% signal and 90%quality and I am in clare.

and with the triax holder, it will be tricky.

i just checked for you using a triax 1.1m and a black ultra lnb, its 82% signal and 90%quality and I am in clare.

and with the triax holder, it will be tricky.[/QU

GBCullen thanks for taking the time to check that out for me.

saw on line a eutelsat clipsat for 13 and 9,
    http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/cart/catalog/dish-bracketsandfraslmounts/satplus-clipsat-2120.html

worth a pop?

Advertisement