Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is your name Anto/Andrew/Annette/Anita/Anne/Adam etc?

• 05-10-2007 4:44pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

By mistake today i forgot to lock my phone and i rang the first name in my phonebook by mistake. Got me thinking, this kind of thing must happen to yer man all the time.

Does your first name begin with 'A' and you receive calls/texts like this? Ever hear any decent conversations or ahem, sounds???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

The first entry in my phone book is AAAAAA, so as to stop me from ringing the first real person in my phonebook... (they're more of an acquaintance than a mate so randomn phone calls wouldn't be cool)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No, my first name does not begin with "A"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

get it all the time! Quite annoying. I actually ask people to put A in their phone book with the number 0 now. The worst is when it's in the middle of the night. grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yeah, I once accidentally called an Andy. Bit embarrassing because he was more an acquaintance than a mate (like the other poster said) Since then I make sure to always lock my phone and have an 'A' in my phone with phone number as 123.

Advertisement