Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Cage Fan failure

• 23-08-2007 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

i have a dell dimension 9150 and im getting the following problem.
    everytime i turn the pc on i get :Card Cage fan Failure. Press F1 to continue. and on the next startup i get : Previous Fan Failure. Press F1 and after that i dont get the error anymore untili plug the pc out any ideas whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Are all the fans working? One may have failed, or the method of detecting failure of this "card cage" fan may have failed (i.e. it thinks it's broken but it's not).

It's probably not a good idea to continue using the PC if one of the fans has failed, as it may get too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

well i opened it up and everything was spinning besides the psu fan which was working all there is is the cpu fan and one case fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DellCA

weeder wrote:
    i have a dell dimension 9150 and im getting the following problem.
    everytime i turn the pc on i get :Card Cage fan Failure. Press F1 to continue. and on the next startup i get : Previous Fan Failure. Press F1 and after that i dont get the error anymore untili plug the pc out any ideas whats wrong?

Hi,

My name is Todd and I'm with Dell's online outreach program. If the fans seem to mechanically working normally you may want to try flashing the BIOS to see if that can help reset those errors.

You can find the BIOS flashes on our support site, http://support.Dell.com, by clicking on the Drivers & Downloads link. You can either use your service tag or model type to filter the downloads so that you only get those related to the model of system you're using.

Let me know if that helps at all. I'll stop back to see if there is something else I can do to help.

Thank you,

Todd

Customer Advocate
    Dell, Inc.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2006/11/19/3648.aspx

Todd,
    i upgraded the bios to A07, the problem is still there alright,
    what do you suggest be my best course of action to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Do you have a fan on your graphics card & is it working if you do?

Are you sure that the power supply fan is working & the air vents are not restricted?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

hi, the graphics card has no fan and the psu fan is spinning fine,the back of the pc is about 4-5 inches from a wall

still having this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Please don't close this...
    Sorry for reopening an old thread but I don't see the need to start a new one as I have the above problem too.

I have the Dell 9100 or 9150, can't remember which, not at home now.

I was testing the PSU on my parents PC last night as theirs isn't working so I used my one from the Dell to check.
    While removing it, I had to unplug the fan card cage connector, you can see it on the motherboard PIC here

Problem now is, I am getting the error like previous poster because I can't plug it back on. I bent the pins.
    If I run the PC with that particular fan not running, will it soon go pop?
    Thanks
    irish

Advertisement