Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep I like the Aces and Eights angle myself too but unfortunately some people will always find reasons to sh!t all over TNA's product.

I wasnt too fond of it myself at times, but having heard Bully Ray tieing everything together, it all makes sense (bar Anderson who seems random) and everything happened for a reason. Hopefully they continue to put that much forward planning into their big angles in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I personally would like to see Anderson as a double agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep I like the Aces and Eights angle myself too but unfortunately some people will always find reasons to sh!t all over TNA's product.

Its just a pity most members are such jobbers or i'd really be loving it. Bully is such a great leader as his mic work is as good as it gets. But how refreshing is it to see such a long angle that doesn't end with Hornswoggle or a McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its just a pity most members are such jobbers or i'd really be loving it. Bully is such a great leader as his mic work is as good as it gets. But how refreshing is it to see such a long angle that doesn't end with Hornswoggle or a McMahon.

He's probably all behind this

you watch this space

He's a founding member

Jobbers is a bit harsh. Knox and Doc have only recently debuted specifically as hired muscle, Bischoff and Brisco are consistently pushed lower down the card, Anderson is a former World Champion, Devon is TV Champion and Bully is World Champion. Hardly the job squad, just a more defined hirearchy.

How my mind works: Aces and Eights -> Taz offering Styles a prospect patch -> Styles stealing Sabin's look -> When the hell is Sabin due back????

I know he was expected to be out for about 10 or 12 months, it must be near that by now? Destination X was July last year and he missed that. Easily 9 months he has been out so. Has there been any word on him, either back to TNA or wrestling in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So are we to believe that Brisco was the member with the long hair who was obviously taller and bigger than him?

And thought Masters was meant to be a member

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So are we to believe that Brisco was the member with the long hair who was obviously taller and bigger than him?

And thought Masters was meant to be a member

A few people have gone missing over time. At the start, they were changed a lot to prevent people guessing who was who. Unknown guys from Orlando were used on several occasions. Good idea in theory but pointless when Devon was the only shock.

Just wondering (while watching NJPW which is probably why) but would Shelley consider a return considering how light the X-Division is right now? It would be between himself and King for the top guy spot and just look at Austin Aries for an example of what TNA will do if you take the chance when given it. I doubt they expected that to happen and had him carrying the division for the next few years, but he outgrew it very quickly and flawlessly slipped into the main event. No reason they wouldnt do it again. Hence why I'm thinking Shelley. Sabin could do it too, but I think Shelley is a better talker which helped Aries big time.

I'm sure he is happy in Japan but I cant think of many people (not signed by WWE etc.) who could fit in and quickly rise like Aries did. Even in TNA there arent many. He's one of the very few I can think of. Guaranteed to be the face of the division along with a potential main event shot down the line. Not a bad deal if he were up for it.
    Him not being on the ONO shows might suggest he has no interest in a return, but I'm simply wondering aloud.

I doubt he'd return. I suspect he was or still is hoping for the wwe call. I get the feeling he wouldn't work as hard as Aries did to get that big push. A Double doesn't get enough credit for what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=76466
    Former NWA champion Adam Pearce is backstage at the TNA Impact Wrestling taping in Jonesboro, Arkansas. The word making the rounds is that he will be competing in the TNA Gutcheck tonight, with the judges' decision taped for next week after the live broadcast has completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

anyone watching?, good show so far, looks like they're setting up Sting V Hogan

PETEY WILLIAMS!!! IT'S PETEY WILLIAMS!!!

PETEY WILLIAMS!!! IT'S PETEY WILLIAMS!!!
    I assume for the X-Division three way?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I assume for the X-Division three way?

Yup.

Hardy vs. Bully for the World title in a Full Metal Mayhem (TLC) is set for iMPACT! in two weeks. The show will also have Chavo and Hernandez vs. Roode and Aries for the tag titles. Next weeks iMPACT! has Sonjay vs. Petey vs. Scorpio Sky and Adam Pearce vs. Magno in a Gutcheck match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Total Non-Stop Talking this show.

What's so special about Corpus Christi for the big matches being announced?
    Is it because of the reduction in PPVs and this would be about the time of a PPV?

I'm going through old iMPACT!'s and god iMPACT! in 2004 totally sucked, I've watched more squash matches in the last week than my brain can stand.

I'm going through old iMPACT!'s and god iMPACT! in 2004 totally sucked, I've watched more squash matches in the last week than my brain can stand.

TOTALLY AND UTTERLY forgot Marc Mero's run with TNA in 2004 until a couple of months ago.

Is it because of the reduction in PPVs and this would be about the time of a PPV?
    It'll be roughly the mid point between PPV's. If they still do Championship Thursday, thats the perfect time for it.

rovert wrote: »
    TOTALLY AND UTTERLY forgot Marc Mero's run with TNA in 2004 until a couple of months ago.

I had forgotten DDP was there too until Machismo posted the double pounce vid.
    Looking forward to that upcoming impact but the 2 impacts taped this week seem very chat heavy(its ok when Bully speaks but I don't want to hear a preachy James Storm) which is not the way i'd go early days out on the road.

• Advertisement

I had forgotten DDP was there too until Machismo posted the double pounce vid.
    Looking forward to that upcoming impact but the 2 impacts taped this week seem very chat heavy(its ok when Bully speaks but I don't want to hear a preachy James Storm) which is not the way i'd go early days out on the road.

Raw can that way at times but imagine taking a casual fan mate to one of the shows and asking you where was the Wrestling.

rovert wrote: »

Nearly everybody was in TNA at one stage or another. Especially in the Weekly PPV days they'd drag everybody and anybody in.

They got the layout of the show this week quite badly wrong. The wrestling that was there was quite good (and I'd much rather take quality over quantity) but the gap between Kaz and Daniels/Chavo and Hernandez and the six man was far, far too long. Though, and I'm basing this off nothing but a gut reaction to the last couple of shows, they seem to be moving forward for the first time since last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that and hoping to get a big ratings boost coming a few days off mania i would suspect

Full preview for next week:
    Preview the Thursday, April 4 edition of TNA's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV at 8/7 from Jonesboro, Arkansas! If you can't watch the action on Thursday, make sure to set your DVR!

- In the main event of Thursday's broadcast on SpikeTV, it will a 10 Man Tag Team War as The Aces and Eights (Devon, D.O.C., Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff and Knox) battle the TNA team of Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Eric Young and Joseph Park! The battle for power between The Aces and the TNA roster continues!

- World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray is coming to IMPACT on a mission! The President of Aces and Eights wants to speak to his wife Brooke Hogan on Impact, after she has ignored his calls and texts. What will happen if Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan come face-to-face on IMPACT for the first time since Lockdown? In perhaps the biggest hoax in wrestling history, Bully Ray conned Brooke into marrying him in order to help The Aces and Eights gain power in TNA. Will Bully Ray force a confrontation with Brooke? Will her father Hulk Hogan get involved? No doubt, Thursday's IMPACT will be emotionally charged and potentially volatile.

- Taryn Terrell makes her in-ring wrestling debut on Thursday night, teaming with TNA Knockouts champion Velvet Sky to battle Gail Kim and Tara!

-Before they meet for the TNA Tag Team Titles on April 11th on Spike, the teams of Bobby Roode and Austin Aries and Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez will come face to face for the official contract signing.

- The evolution of TNA's X Division continues with a three-way Contender's Match: Sonjay Dutt vs. Mason Andrews vs. the returning Petey Williams!

- Plus, the monthly "Gut Check" returns as two newcomers will get a shot at earning a spot on the TNA roster: Adam Pearce vs. Magno

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 8/7c on SpikeTV as the road to June's "Slammiversary" continues!

Didnt Bully and Brooke come face to face on the last show?

Holy crap Velvet Sky could kill you with a dirty look.

Think Magno blew his shot with two moves. The leapfrog from the corner was bad but could be forgiven. The landing on your head from a moonsault however would really put me off wanting to sign him to a contract. Not only did he land on his own head, his shoulder landed on Adam Pearce's face. Could have badly injured himself and his opponent.

I'm not sure AJ Styles fits with Aces and Eights, but he damn sure has no reason to help Hogan. When he needed help there was no sign of anyone. Hogan needs help now and suddenly wants to be best friends. I'll be disappointed if Styles goes and helps Hogan now. He should just be on his own, not aligned with anyone.

Also, couldnt help but laugh at Roode, Aries and Chavo all dressed up in suits while Hernandez is in his wrestling gear. Guess he missed the memo? :pac:

Yeah I'll be very surprised if Magno gets the contract. That botch when he landed on my head made me wince and I was sure he was injured. When he kept doing similar moves, I just thought he was really chancing his arm.
    But with the last one who got the contract being the Barabarian's neice, clearly they aren't worried about talent and may want to go with a masked wrestler since they don't have one.Unlee they count the guys who sometimes appear for X Division

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

That sequence of botching was funny. He blew it. Adam Pearce deserves a shot,I saw quite a lot of him on NWA hollywood he's awesome.

• Advertisement

Dixie tweeted that Chris Sabin will be returning to iMPACT! this month after spending much of the last two years injured with two torn ACL's

Advertisement