Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

KingK wrote: »
    Just what the place is like in general. Friendly staff? Nice equipment? Busy?

The place is grand in general good size, plenty of space, equipment and lots of classes. There are also other classes run separately which you pay extra for i.e. kettlebells, pilates, yoga etc.

Staff are ok if you need to know anything they will help you out.

I'm finished my training by 6 everyday and never have any problems waiting around for machines or weights so cant comment what it's like after 6, but before 6 it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

gymcub wrote: »
    Hey folks, has anyone ever tried Ben Dunnes in Jervis st

Hi,
    Yes i used last year, wasnt bad, can be a bit busy.

Im going to renew today so let me know if you are interested, they have a deal on atm so its 185 for 16 months

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

Don't know has anybody mentioned The Regency Drumcondra...great gym never mad busy..very helpful staff that do programs every 6 weeks for you..3 racks, dumbbells up to 5O..15 treadmills 10 cross trainers and a few bikes...€399 for the year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Don't know has anybody mentioned The Regency Drumcondra...great gym never mad busy..very helpful staff that do programs every 6 weeks for you..3 racks, dumbbells up to 5O..15 treadmills 10 cross trainers and a few bikes...€399 for the year

Yeah great gym in fairness!

Hanley wrote: »

Yeah great gym in fairness!
    A bit busy lately with people from the edge in clontarf being directed over to it though..you get to know when it's busy and can work around that!

• Advertisement

A bit busy lately with people from the edge in clontarf being directed over to it though..you get to know when it's busy and can work around that!

Sounds like Santry stadium!

Hanley wrote: »

Sounds like Santry stadium!
    Same problem up there??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

A bit busy lately with people from the edge in clontarf being directed over to it

Did The Edge close down?

COH wrote: »
    A bit busy lately with people from the edge in clontarf being directed over to it

Did The Edge close down?
    No I think it's just got so busy that they're no taking anymore members

lol... thats class fair play to them

• Advertisement

They never really took "members" like a normal gym would, but I think they're just starting to sent people who come in to do PT stuff with them off to the better gyms around.

They're doing absolutely fantastically, and I'm delighted for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Does anyone have a monthly price for RAW gym on south richmond street? Or is it just yearly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm planning to join Alsaa, up at the airport. Has anyone here used it?

I did a forum search but could only find one review from 2004 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lads who are members of RAW, what's it like in the evenings in regards to how busy it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Past half five is a bit manic, tends to start calming down after half seven. But its not unbearably busy, every now and again you might have to wait for a rack or a bench, but most people in there aren't pricks and will be more than happy to share equipment if you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

grimloch wrote: »
    Past half five is a bit manic, tends to start calming down after half seven. But its not unbearably busy, every now and again you might have to wait for a rack or a bench, but most people in there aren't pricks and will be more than happy to share equipment if you ask.

Thanks. Yeah seems like a decent crowd in there from what I seen and heard

Rang raw gym and it is 75 a month. Absolute rip off and you get no induction etc. The guy on the phone didn't even know what he was talking about. Less than impressed with the attitude I got.

Anyone know any gyms similar to RAW that do classes etc included in the membership and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

In Dublin 2 by the way.

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm a member in Trinity College's gym. I'm not sure if classes are extra as I don't use them. Membership for former students is somewhere about €350, I think the general public is somewhere in the €4-500 range. It's pretty empty during the summer. It does be busy in the mornings during Oct-April with various rugby/GAA teams but otherwise I'd say it is one of the quietest public gyms in D2. Also got a swimming pool too and you can use the squash courts for €3/45mins. Not sure what the climbing wall costs but it is available to all.

RATM wrote: »
    I'm a member in Trinity College's gym. I'm not sure if classes are extra as I don't use them. Membership for former students is somewhere about €350, I think the general public is somewhere in the €4-500 range. It's pretty empty during the summer. It does be busy in the mornings during Oct-April with various rugby/GAA teams but otherwise I'd say it is one of the quietest public gyms in D2. Also got a swimming pool too and you can use the squash courts for €3/45mins. Not sure what the climbing wall costs but it is available to all.

Thanks a mill, just rang them there and classes aren't included, 465 is a bit steep for membership without classes too.

I have a consultation with the fitness dock on camden st tomorrow, anyone here a member?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Flyfit in Ranelagh is 29 pm and most classes are free. Been a member since jan, nice gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Swan in Rathmines is €30 per month and includes pool and tonnes of classes. Even Pilates and kettlebells are included in membership.

Varied wrote: »
    Rang raw gym and it is 75 a month. Absolute rip off and you get no induction etc. The guy on the phone didn't even know what he was talking about. Less than impressed with the attitude I got.

Anyone know any gyms similar to RAW that do classes etc included in the membership and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

In Dublin 2 by the way.

Any help appreciated.

Its 75 for a one off one month membership - monthly direct memberships are substantially cheaper than that as are 3, 6 and 12 month memberships.

Inductions are included in all annual memberships. PM me and I'll give you the full breakdown if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'm looking at joining either Alsaa or Donabate gym with the OH.

Can anyone tell me what the equipment is like at either of these, how many of each machine there is? Alsaa website says they only have 4 cross trainers, which doesnt seem much considering the size of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Hey all, is the parking in Ben Dunne in Sandyford underground? Like do you need your membership card to get past the barrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Ben Dunne Sandyford has parking in the underground. It's free for first 2 hours, so should plenty long enough for most gym users.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Anyone been to parnell gym in coolock? price pm / facilities ?

Also.. whats the cheapest per month around north dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 artois

Hi Guys, I'm ready to join the Ben Dunne Gym in Sandyford. If anyone would like to join at the sametime we might save a few quid. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Does anyone know how busy the Carlisle Gym does be about 4 o'clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Does anybody have any experience with the gym in the National Aquatic Centre? I'm moving to Castleknock and looking for a good gym in the area but it's €20 (!) for a day pass so won't be able to have a look and see this place. Only really interested in what the free weights area is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 000sparks000

Hey, I am a member there. Its a good gym. The free weights area would'nt be huge, but for me it is fine. There is generally a good buzz around the place. Changing rooms for me I think are a bit on teh small size, but it does the job.

If you pop up you can have a tour and I am sure with the potential promise of a new member they wil give you a free pass to have a look around. If ya decide to join, let me know, because I get a free month if ya do. But pay by direct debit, so probs wont make a difference.

Let me know if ya want to know anything else.

Advertisement