Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

• 15-06-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just thought id open this up so maybe those of us who arent far along can find each other and we can share symptoms, fears, tips or anything really. be nice to talk to people due around the same time too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Hiya red fraggle :) I'm due at the end of January, although I look like I'm 4 months gone already :o

How are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nearlythereacca

Hi im due early jan too. Nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing ie extreme tiredness, all day quesy stomach and constipation (tmi apologies) oh and the ever increasing boob size!
    Roll on week 14 and the second trimester!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats girls:)
    I have a January 2009 baby and a January 2011 baby.
    It is a wonderful time of the year to have a baby,enjoy your pregnancies and good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I'm due Jan 26. Getting over feeling sick now thank god can eat much better. But this has been replaced by bleeding gums!! and crying for no apparent reason. First baby also.

Has anyone been having strange dreams?

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    I'm due Jan 26. Getting over feeling sick now thank god can eat much better. But this has been replaced by bleeding gums!! and crying for no apparent reason. First baby also.

Has anyone been having strange dreams?

Yeah! Crazy vivid dreams!

• Advertisement

I had a dream that i had a big cup of blackcurrant juice and then breastfed and my milk was dark purple...weird...

Ive been having very strange and vivid dreams too but never linked it to being pregnant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

Hi i am also due 13th Jan, symthoms have not been too bad just little bit of everything but no extremes thank god!
    Only thing is i got a letter from the hospital to say that they think i may have a bladder infection i had to send in fresh sample again today and they are going to test again to make sure
    This is my first and feeling little nervous about it, just wondering have any of the rest of you gone through something like this before on previous pregnancies?? :(

GillyBo wrote: »
    Hi i am also due 13th Jan, symthoms have not been too bad just little bit of everything but no extremes thank god!
    Only thing is i got a letter from the hospital to say that they think i may have a bladder infection i had to send in fresh sample again today and they are going to test again to make sure
    This is my first and feeling little nervous about it, just wondering have any of the rest of you gone through something like this before on previous pregnancies?? :(

Hiya, try not to worry. As far as I know bladder infections are fairly common in pregnancy. If you need an antibiotic there are types that are perfectly safe to take in pregnancy. In the meantime you should drink loads of water and take it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Feb12

Due around February 14th and scared to think about it too much in case I get too excited. I had two miscarriages before so I am keeping fingers crossed that everything goes ok. No sickness yet but queasy pretty much every morning time. I guess I am lucky so far.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi all,
    great to see theres a few of us here. im due jan 13th too but sure that date might change. its my first baby and every pain i get i think something is wrong then on a rare occasion when i feel grand i think somethin is wrong! madness. so excited tho. I have the all day quesy feeling which sometimes leads to gagging (sorry). its awful. also have diarrhia. :o but its not all day. prob 2/3 times a day. i have IBS so thats prob just IBS flaring up a bit as im sure are some of my pains. also sooooooooo tired. i lay down today at 1 o clock and slept for an hour!
    visited home yesterday and my brother kept askin me was i depressed, tired or did i have a fight with my husband! i was just home from a double shift so was extra extra tired. we arent telling anyone til 12 weeks which will be 2 weeks tomorrow :D.

i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks :) its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through!

i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks :) its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through![/QUOTE]

Im excited and terrified at the same time too :) I havent had any idea of when I'll be having my scan or when I can hear the heartbeat bit annoyed at my doc as she explained nothing to me when I went first have another appointment with her on 28th so will bring it up then. Is it normal to have a scan and hear teh heartbeat so early?

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks :) its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through!

Im excited and terrified at the same time too :) I havent had any idea of when I'll be having my scan or when I can hear the heartbeat bit annoyed at my doc as she explained nothing to me when I went first have another appointment with her on 28th so will bring it up then. Is it normal to have a scan and hear teh heartbeat so early?[/QUOTE]

hi,
    just from reading posts having a scan so early isnt normal. only if they think somethin is wrong or you have pain or some bleeding. i had lower abdominal pain. i think the normal scan is around 17 weeks. seems alot like ur left to do things yourself like bookin appts. i didnt have to as i went to the early assessment unit and she made my appt for the 13 weeks scan. i wasnt expecting to get it til the 17th week but im not complaining. i think the best thing to do is write a list of questions for ur doc and bring them with you so you can have your questions answered. thats what im planning on doin and my doc likes when i bring him lists! im thinkin of goin public but wonderin could i go semi private. i really havnt a clue bout this stuff!! so new!

I had a wierd dream. i was in labour NO PAIN :), but i was only 3/4 cm dilated so they were sending me home for a few days!I was really annoyed and upset. i woke up and my husband was talking in his sleep and i think we were having a conversation when we were both asleep. WIERD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Feb12

Just because of the two miscarriages, I asked GP about going private. Probably wouldn't have done so otherwise. Gp told me to tell consultant about the two miscarriages and that they would give me an early appointment. I told the receptionist and she gave me an appointment for eight weeks where I will see consultant and midwife. She told me to drink lots of water so I presume that means a scan will happen too. She also told me to bring a cheque a third of the amount due for the consultant :(
    Just hope everything goes ok...sometimes I almost wish for morning sickness just so I could feel more secure...weird I know....
    No mad dreams yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

just posting on behalf of the O.H. as posted in the fathers thread we had an eight week scan last week and were given a due date of jan 19 for full term twins.

just posting on behalf of the O.H. as posted in the fathers thread we had an eight week scan last week and were given a due date of jan 19 for full term twins.

oh my god. congrats!!! thats great. double the excitement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm due Dec 25th so might very well end up with a jan baby too!! I had a jan baby in 2010 and swore I wouldn't have another baby at that time of year.... ah well!! as long as they don't end up with their birthdays on the same day....(2nd Jan) :eek:

Good luck to everyone with their pregnancies!

Cottontail wrote: »
    as long as they don't end up with their birthdays on the same day....(2nd Jan) :eek:

Good luck to everyone with their pregnancies!

I share my birthday with my sister 5 years between us and I love it loved it growing up as we always had joint parties and now we always do something together for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Hello.

I'm due in the first week of January, turns out it's twins though, so likely I'll have them sometime in December. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am due in early Jan also. First time Mam to be :) Dreams are crazy I was only telling my Mam about one yesterday, I wouldnt even call them dreams they are just snippets here and there. Some very funny! Rollercoaster.ie is a good Irish website for Mams and Mams to be, check it out, I've just recently discovered it. Oh and Congratulations to those expecting, exciting times ahead especially carwash and doubletrouble with twins on the way :)

congrats to everyone. exciting and nerve wracking times ahead. especially if ur havin twins. cant believe im gona be a mammy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey Guys , Well we only found out a week ago and so im just 5 weeks today!:D Due date - 20th feb ish!!
    A few of you mentioned pains? im having period like pains on and off for the last week - really stressing me out as ive had a previous miscarraige, i have an early scan in two weeks but just wondering what your pains were like and how long they lasted for? Please god its just stretching....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi ladies
    Im due January 11th all going well :D:D:D
    Im almost 11 weeks yipppeeee, beyond exhausted so much so I have to have a siesta from round 5.30 to 6.30 each evening after work before I can function!
    Queasy on and off throughout the day and constipated (sorry tmi! :o)
    Had a scan at 8weeks and saw the heart beat :D (had previous mc so that is how I got the scan) My next scan is at 14 weeks and cant wait!
    I poke my boobs alot just to make sure they're still sore ;)

Has anyone thought of doing Pilates ar anything? Im guessing its the wrong time of year to start courses tho! Id love to do something to keep flexible and some way energetic:rolleyes: (cork ahead?)
    Heres to a happy and healthy 8/9months ahead :)

x

Hi quins5, Im with you on the exhaustion! Ive never experienced tiredness like it!
    Definitely plan on doing pregnancy yoga as Ive heard it can be an amazing help during labour. Its not recommended you start it before 15 weeks though!

Im thinkin of the pregnancy yoga too. im really tired and having some pains in my lower stomach and left side. had a scan last fri due to some brown discharge thur night and all was good. no more brown discharge until last night and it was a small amount. so worried but tryin not too cos they say its normal. im thinkin my pains are to do with stretching and possibly IBS. have another scan in 2 and a half weeks when i will be 13 weeks. soon as i get excited i seem to get a pain or brown discharge to worry about!!

Red Fraggle, if the pains are at the side then I think they would be round ligament pains, I think I've had these on and off yesterday and today, quite sharp, but fleeting.

On the early side of things, I felt like my period was coming at any moment for a good couple of weeks, so I wouldn't worry about that unless you get bleeding.

Red Fraggle, if the pains are at the side then I think they would be round ligament pains, I think I've had these on and off yesterday and today, quite sharp, but fleeting.

On the early side of things, I felt like my period was coming at any moment for a good couple of weeks, so I wouldn't worry about that unless you get bleeding.

Thats great to here. its the last few days ive been feelin it on and off and they are very sharp pains. had one brown spot of discharge last thurs and one spot last night. docs says it can be normal. scan last fri showed everythin was on time and i was exactly 10 weeks. just gona try stop worrying and take each day! and pray! :)

I try to take the attitude that if anything is going to go wrong my worrying about it isn't going to change that, so I might as well enjoy myself until there is evidence that something is wrong.

In saying that though, I am very much looking forward to first hospital appointment next week at 13 weeks and really hoping that we still have 2 nice strong heartbeats at the scan.

• Advertisement

I try to take the attitude that if anything is going to go wrong my worrying about it isn't going to change that, so I might as well enjoy myself until there is evidence that something is wrong.

In saying that though, I am very much looking forward to first hospital appointment next week at 13 weeks and really hoping that we still have 2 nice strong heartbeats at the scan.

yeh ur so right. im gona try put bad thoughts out of my head when they come in. my husband is excellent at not worrying and bein positive. then im almost trying to prepare him for if somethin goes wrong. its not fair so im gona think like him from now on cos worrying isnt gona change a thing. feeling much better tonight. managed to make dinner, eat it and clean up with no gagging or sick feeling! it was great!

goodluck with your scan. your nearly 2 weeks ahead of me! bet its really exciting having 2! :D

Advertisement