Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Which is the best Castlevania on DS? Looking to get one.

Get them all!

But if you must Dawn of Sorrow is definitely the best. However if you can play GBA games then Aria of Sorrow is better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I suppose his other crime was murdering the entire Russian senate... but they were a giant snake monster I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get them all!

But if you must Dawn of Sorrow is definitely the best. However if you can play GBA games then Aria of Sorrow is better again.

Ah now Retro Imtrying to cut down and you come back with not only get them all but get a gba one as well!
    Will be getting them all over coming weeks anyway just wanted to get the best first to play. €16 posted for Dawn of Sorrow a good price?

Hahaha... I'm still playing through Witcher 2 and someone just used the phrase 'lesbomancy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does it look like this ?

super-nintendo-widened-slot.jpg

Modified%20PAL%20SNES%20with%20widened%20slot%20to%20play%20US%20game_big.jpg

That's not as bad as I was thinking. In fact, it's kinda growing on me.

That's actually pretty cool, but getting it so perfectly cut isn't easy. It usually turns out looking like this from what I've seen

hqdefault.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh jesus! Imagine all of the people going along from Adverts.

'Here bud, look, I found this rare snes in me attic, what's it worth? €500? Will it at least be 'nuff to get some smack?'

'It's worth 20...'

'Thousand?!'

'...no..euro'

(No smack for Jimmy. He goes home and just sniffs some superglue instead - glueing his nose to the container in the process and ending up in A&E)

They were definitely wrong about Policenauts Special Edition, I have that but it aint worth anywhere near $200. Like the guest, I paid about €40 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

If your going to hack it up go the full way and do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtiLpopevs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

safetyboy wrote: »
    just saw the Simpsons Hit and Run and actually cried laughing, thanks for sharing ;v;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Those Christopher walkenthrough vidoes are hilarious man, thanks for the share!

3H5fo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anyone else notice slowdown playing JNTSC games on modded Pal snes consoles? Bit of a bummer tbh, so far I've noticed the magical quest when coins drop, random spots in DKC3 and alot of lag in Megaman X. Games like SSF2 and starfox seem perfect though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might just be the games. The SNES has a terrible CPU so is riddled with slowdown when there's a few sprites on screen. Also the PAL releases might have been optimised since there was usually 12-18 months between the PAL and JAP release.

Might just be the games. The SNES has a terrible CPU so is riddled with slowdown when there's a few sprites on screen. Also the PAL releases might have been optimised since there was usually 12-18 months between the PAL and JAP release.

Yeah probably the games, the Megaman X lag is ridiculous at times though. On the plus side 60hz starfox is a really nice experience. :)

If you want to see bad SNES lag then play Gradius 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So I've got €8.88 on my o2 card, suggestions on what to buy? Already used it to get Okamiden and Shinobi on the 3DS.

If you want to see bad SNES lag then play Gradius 3.

Yeah I got it, Super R type is pretty bad too.

So I've got €8.88 on my o2 card, suggestions on what to buy? Already used it to get Okamiden and Shinobi on the 3DS.

Legend of Kage 2 on DS is sometimes dirt cheap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Legend of Kage 2 on DS is sometimes dirt cheap.

Is it an RPG? I'm not in the mood for an RPG :(

Is it an RPG? I'm not in the mood for an RPG :(

Think Shinobi but with crazy jumping.

• Advertisement

Just finished chapter 2 of Witcher 2.

Took me a while to get into it, but I'm loving it now. Going to miss the city from Chapter 2 as I'd just figured out my way around the fecking place. Now I've a few hours ahead of me of being lost in a new city.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's a tee for the Zelda fans out there, which would be everyone, it's a a tad feminine for a tee though, so only Sera might get away with it...
    1331916275_BOTTOM_15.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here's a tee for the Zelda fans out there, which would be everyone, it's a a tad feminine for a tee though, so only Sera and Retr0 might get away with it...

Fixed. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You know, I was going to say that but figured people would want to ease off on Retr0 for a while, allow the wounds to his ego to heal....

Looks like I figured wrong! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Mornin' all,

I've just picked up a German copy of Zelda : A Link to the Past.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the language?

Many thanks,
    RNB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here's a tee for the Zelda fans out there, which would be everyone, it's a a tad feminine for a tee though, so only Sera might get away with it...
    I don't think anyone would get away with that- look what she's doing with that sword :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

RNB wrote: »

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the language?

Theres absolutely no way unfortunately. Only one language on the cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not only that but it has a horrible black label as well.

• Advertisement

Spotted this in YLYL haha brilliant :D

LWe9n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement