Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy Snow beer? (or other Chinese beers)

Options
  • 03-04-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭

I developed a taste for this whilst recently in China and was wondering if anyone knows an offlices in Dublin that sells it?
    I was surprised to see that O'Briens in Nutgrove sell the excellent Tsingtao beer, well worth checking out if you like your beer ;)
    I'd also like to find Chongqing beer too if anyone's seen it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Tsingtao's fairly common around the place. Never seen Snow, though, which is a bit surprising since it's the world's most popular beer.

Maybe try some of the Chinese supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats the stuff alright beernut, just shows how big the Chinese market is alone. Especially as beer consumption per head is much much lower than here.
    I guess the Asian stores in Dublin are the next obvious place to look. I was in the Asia Market yesterday beside Grafton street and didnt see it there though they did have a couple of Chinese wines. Will continue the search!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Snow is about the best of the Chinese beers I tried when there in 2006, although Blue Sword was pretty good too. Have not seen them since I'm afraid, although in fairness, there's better beer around on every street corner here. I think you may be blinded by the 'best of a bad lot' disease.
    Never heard of Chongqing, but Dali was fine as was LiQ - although that one came with about 4 different labels so you could never be sure if it was te same stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

When I was in china, I don't think I saw any other Chinese beers than Tsing Tao. Never even heard of Snow. Is it any good?

Advertisement