Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor Scam on Donedeal.com

• 27-01-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

This is getting all too familar now. Another tractor selling for way below market value. I've contacted Donedeal about 4 or so of these adds so far. They're glad to be told, but I give up at this stage. How do they catch people out? They send on the deposit, I suppose.

This is a 1998 Case 4240. Selling for €4799. I reckon market value is around the €12K to €14K mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

pakalasa wrote: »
    This is getting all too familar now. Another tractor selling for way below market value. I've contacted Donedeal about 4 or so of these adds so far. They're glad to be told, but I give up at this stage. How do they catch people out? They send on the deposit, I suppose.

This is a 1998 Case 4240. Selling for €4799. I reckon market value is around the €12K to €14K mark.

There's several fairly new JD's and Valtra's on it at the moment at dirt cheap prices. They say that they are in Tyrone but they have a foreign code on the telephone number. Definitely a scam too.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Agri contractor

I emailed one of these ads before. I asked was the laughing shaft in good order. I got a promt reply. Perfect working order.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Another definite scam, that machine is retailing at about double the price.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1843116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I emailed one of these ads before. I asked was the laughing shaft in good order. I got a promt reply. Perfect working order.:mad:

What shape was the wombler grommet? Never buy a tractor with a leaky wombler grommet.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

I see a few of those in Auto Trader as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

How are they actually going to scam people though? Usually scam ads look for you to send a deposit to a foreign account or some other clearly dodgy method. This ad just shows a tractor at well below market value?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

johngalway wrote: »
    What shape was the wombler grommet? Never buy a tractor with a leaky wombler grommet.

Thought it was the hydraulic shapeshifter splines..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

there was a scam running in england before with cars.you land over from ireland and they would agree to meet you in such a place and would say they would sell it cheaper for cash. you turn up and get mugged for the money and the s
    *** kicked out of ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Hard to believe people actually fall for these scams, but as they say in these parts "there's a lumper born every day":cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Had to show ye this one;

• Advertisement
Advertisement