Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Vet in North Dublin please

• 10-02-2010 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

At the moment my girlfriend is working with a Vet so anything our dog needs she brings him in to the clinc she works in. But she is taking up a different job offer soon so we won't have the perk of a free Vet anymore so we're in need of recommendations for a good Vet in North Dublin. We're in Malahide so somewhere not miles away from here if possible (not the Vet in Malahide though), thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Michael B wrote: »
    (not the Vet in Malahide though), thanks.
    I think they also own the vet practise in Baldoyle now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I think they also own the vet practise in Baldoyle now too.
    Yes, Malahide and Baldoyle are run by the same Vet. We are looking for anyone but that Vet please, thanks. Anyone have any experience with Lissenhall Vets in Swords? They seem to be the nearest to us I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

He also owns one in Artane as well! Billy's a very clever man. He did do a fantastic job on our dog's hip so he's forgiven. ;)

I use Fairview Vets on a regular basis, Ciaran is very good, once you get to know him.

Hear a lot of good things about the vet in Clontarf - Conquer Hill Road I believe. He's meant to be great with dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

We totally happy with Cara Vet in Blanchs. Syd is the best vet i have ever dealed with in 14 years! Thumps up for them!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

the vet in Clontarf - Conquer Hill Road I believe. He's meant to be great with dogs.
    Dennis Shannon Bull Wall Vet Surgery 24 Conquer Hill Rd Clontarf 8531260

I cant recommend him HIGHLY enough. He is a fantastic vet and ive recommended him to friends and family and they say the same. He is a lovely lovely man and yes +1 for being great with dogs. 10/10

Lissenhall are there years..but theyre hit and miss in my opinion. 7/10

Billy McCartney is good, its his colleagues i wouldnt recommend. 8/10

Anicare Group -have 3 chains i think. Clontarf,blanch and somewhere else. Have heard good reports. 8/10

Fairview-Ciaran comes across as a bit scatty and Mark is lovely. But decent enough vets too. 7/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

anniehoo wrote: »
    Anicare Group -have 3 chains i think. Clontarf,blanch and somewhere else. Have heard good reports. 8/10

I used them before in palmerstown and woulnd recommend them! :mad:

Billy is a lovely man but we've had bad experiences in his practice before (not Billy's fault) with my mother's cat so we tend to stay away from his clinics if possible.

Anniehoo thanks for your advice. We're thinking in the lines of emergency Lissenhall would be the closest for us if anything happens to our fella but the Bull Wall one sounds great otherwise, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Amberjack

Raheny vet (run by Pat Keating) is also very good - there are 4 vets in total there and all very friendly and effecient. All our pets have been going there for years. Would definitely reccomend

Raheny vet (run by Pat Keating) is also very good - there are 4 vets in total there and all very friendly and effecient. All our pets have been going there for years. Would definitely reccomend

Thanks very much Amberjacker, didn't realise there was a Vets in Raheny. Would be near enough to us too, thank you. Anyone else here recommend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Wouldnt use lissenhall. Have personally had bad experiences with them.
    ++++ for Anicare. Excellent veterinary practices.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking Lissenhall is out then, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Dean Mealy Stepchildren

Michael B wrote: »
    Thanks very much Amberjacker, didn't realise there was a Vets in Raheny. Would be near enough to us too, thank you. Anyone else here recommend them?

I use 'em all the time, no complaints.

And despite having a Pitbull who HATE'S a visit to the vet, the staff couldn't be more helpful, friendly & understanding.

The practice also have a cat rescue (not sure about dogs) where they have a no Put To Sleep policy, no matter how long the cat is in his care.

He also run's an emergancy service, he lives next door to the practice and so far as I can remember there's no extra charge for emergencies, but I might be wrong on this.

Thanks Makikomi. I think we're going to give the Raheny one a go so, it's the nearest of the best ones recommended so would probably suit us the best. Thanks for your help everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Have to agree with previous post, Denis the vet in clontarf, such a nice man, all for the pets not money hungry like some of them. Genuine great vet, brought our dog to him for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

fairview vet was great for us

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

If you are looking for a vets in Swords. O'Scannalls there just by the travelodge. Been using them for years with both cats and dog (the Mothers) Connor is brilliant with dogs. Can't do enough and is a really nice fella. I had an emergency over christmas and saw me no probs even tho the surgery was closed. For cats Carol-Ann is your woman. Simply the best. I really can't recommend enough and very handy for Malahide. They work on Appointments, Never had a prob getting to see the vets even when I phone last min. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MKMaguire

Yes Anniehoo,
    I heartily agree with you Denis Shannon, Clontarf is just the best vet (I have done the rounds) he really is very caring and such a nice man, and always very ready to give helpful advice over the telephone. He's just as good with cats too!! :) 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Hi i have to agree about o scanaills vet in swords...conor is excepitional with dogs..ive had a few emergencies and he always fitted me in:Di cant reccomend them enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

Denis Shannon in Bull Wall Veterinary gets my vote too, nicer man you couldn't meet. He's great withthe pets and the owners and he's so helpful and full of advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cmpg

Absolutely agree with all the others that have recommended Dennis Shannon in Bull Wall - I used to go to Anicare beside Botanic Gardens and while they were ok (v. expensive), I find Dennis to be really great. Lovely guy, very good with dogs and reasonably priced. He's always willing to answer questions over the phone. Can't recommend him enough!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement