Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I really hate having to wait for somebody else to do something or get back to me before I can proceed with something. I have a million and one things to do but they're all dependent on someone else's actions and it's incredibly frustrating!

I've been in and out of agony pretty much all day now but it seems to be coming to an end now thankfully. Head is absolutely banging though.

:D Found out who got the other Paris offer today, she's an absolutely lovely girl so it's a massive relief. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The Lovely Muffin, I really wish the best for your Dad and your family. It must be such a difficult time, so you've every tight to come here to vent in a neutral place. Sure if I can whine about Valentine's Day, you can definitely get things out here!

PM's open if you need a chat :)

*hugs* for The Lovely Muffin :( Hope you're okay x

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

woohoo have another interview with the job I applied for, happy dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks so so much everyone.

Dad is doing OK, but he isn't out of the woods yet, he has a long, long way to go.

I am going over in two weeks, so I am going to speak to my siblings and his girlfriend, see if I can surprise him, hopefully I can. They'll probably have to tell him though.

Least I am going to see him, that is the main thing. Hope these two weeks fly by.

budgese - So sorry to hear about your friends child, thank god she was okay, her parents must have gotten much more of a scare than she did.

krudler - Congrats on your interview, fingers crossed you get the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

budgese wrote: »
    Oh my God, fright of my life reading Facebook, my friends in South Africa had a horror situation this morning when their toddler ran behind the car as he was reversing out to go to work.... lucky she saw it happen, he had no idea, and ran at the car screaming at him. The child was right in under the car! Rushed to hospital, not even a scratch on her. Shook me up so bad to read it, can imagine it will take them longer to recover from than the kid! Thank God she's ok.... *deep breath*

Jesus, that'd frighten the life out of them alright:eek:
    Thank god there was no damage done!!

I remember when I was about 12 there was a young child who was out playing hide-go-seek in a street in the neighbouring housing estate. He hid behind the wheels of one of those big oil delivery trucks. The driver came out of a house and reversed the wheels over him.................The child never stood a chance the poor craythur, the whole neighbour hood was in pieces after it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thanks so so much everyone.

Dad is doing OK, but he isn't out of the woods yet, he has a long, long way to go.

Hi Lovely Muffin, I haven't read all the posts here today so am not sure what is going on with your dad but I just wanted to say I hope all is okay love xx

Thinking of you girl:)

Jesus, that'd frighten the life out of them alright:eek:
    Thank god there was no damage done!!

I remember when I was about 12 there was a young child who was out playing hide-go-seek in a street in the neighbouring housing estate. He hid behind the wheels of one of those big oil delivery trucks. The driver came out of a house and reversed the wheels over him.................The child never stood a chance the poor craythur, the whole neighbour hood was in pieces after it:(

That's horribly tragic, unfortunately I know it too well, as a family friend lost a niece exactly as happened to my friends' daughter, around the same age too. Obviously I haven't told my friends about it and never will. They're shaken enough without hearing that.

They're devout Christians, and oddly for me I find myself thanking their God, too.

Hi Lovely Muffin, I haven't read all the posts here today so am not sure what is going on with your dad but I just wanted to say I hope all is okay love xx

Thinking of you girl:)

I want to second this. I know what it's like to have your dad in dire straits. Hoping everything will be ok, sending you all the best vibes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ah Lovely muffin, I hope things get better for you soon. You really do need a break petal!

Well, going to look for a new job, sick of my boss. Wouldn't mind you but the other assistant manager is far far better at the job!

It's so nice to have my little sister over for the night, we're slagging people off on xposé! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sorry to her about your Dad The Lovely Muffin. Hope he'll be better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Scanning lots of old photos onto my laptop to keep them safe. My Dad brought some pictures up from my Grandfather's house and before he drops them back I want to make sure I have a copy. Love looking at old pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My Dad gave me a box of old documents and photos he found cleaning out the house- there's stuff in there from the 1800's! :eek: Loads of photos and letters, now that I'm taking a break from my PhD I might see about borrowing a scanner and digitising everything... it's so much fun though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

My Dad gave me a box of old documents and photos he found cleaning out the house- there's stuff in there from the 1800's! :eek: Loads of photos and letters, now that I'm taking a break from my PhD I might see about borrowing a scanner and digitising everything... it's so much fun though, isn't it?

It's great :) I've started using free photo software to take out the creases and cracks in some of the really old ones.

I actually got tears in my eyes when I found a picture of myself and my grandfather holding me on his knee when I was a baby... I never knew one existed, it's a fantastic feeling.

I'm off college all this week so I think most of it will be spent doing this. Minus Friday because that's when I'm going to see Ghost Rider 2 with the OH :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

That must be fascinating to look through! Genealogy is so interesting, I'm a sucker for Who Do You Think You Are? Digitising it all is a great idea, you always be able to access it, even if stuff goes missing over time.

I don't know a huge amount about my family. However, I was related to Michael Collins...so I'm naturally anti-Dev :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i was in town doing a woeful amount of work
    i was in such a daze
    anyway i was walking out to meet my dad and saw the car
    hopped in and took me a little while to realise it wasnt my dad!

i panicked said sorry and hopped out oh i was so red!

:pac::o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Poor Pixie-Fairy! :o:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cello lesson then german homework!

zzzz

Yay yay yay this week is actually going to be great :D

Anti-Valentine's dinner tomorrow night with friends followed by the lawsoc mock trial final.

My friend is having us all over to her house on Wednesday night for dinner and drinks, it's going to be an unreal amount of fun and I'm staying in Dublin so that's even better!

And then on Friday night the Irish Times debate final is on so I'm going with a few friends and staying in Dublin that night too.

Yay for having things to look forward to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hope you're doing okay Lovely Muffin x

I love catching up on pages in this thread when you're been offline for a day though I'm so annoyed I missed the buffy discussion! I love Buffy!! I've been to many a sing-a-long sessions to Once More With Feeling that I can recite that episode from heart :o

On other news I made possibly the greatest dinner ever last night- Mexican Lasanga. Possibly the two greatest words ever combined into an amazing meal. And there's leftovers for tonight :D

And I gets to see the Muppet Movie tomorrow, so excited!!!! :D Love The Muppets

• Advertisement

Yay yay yay this week is actually going to be great :D

Anti-Valentine's dinner tomorrow night with friends followed by the lawsoc mock trial final.

My friend is having us all over to her house on Wednesday night for dinner and drinks, it's going to be an unreal amount of fun and I'm staying in Dublin so that's even better!

And then on Friday night the Irish Times debate final is on so I'm going with a few friends and staying in Dublin that night too.

Yay for having things to look forward to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

i was in town doing a woeful amount of work
    i was in such a daze
    anyway i was walking out to meet my dad and saw the car
    hopped in and took me a little while to realise it wasnt my dad!

i panicked said sorry and hopped out oh i was so red!

:pac::o
    This reminds me.

One of my aunties was visiting a family member and she had to go to her car to get her phone.

So she got her phone from the car and walked back into the house, she was standing in the hall chatting away on her phone when someone walked out to the hall and then they realised - she was in the wrong house :eek: :D:D:D

Made me laugh.

Having Aldi Fruit and Custard Strudel now, so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The crisis of confidence I'd been having over the last few days has abated :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Muffin, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sometimes you're just doing your best to get through these things and someone says something stupid (or does something stupid) to make it worse.

Krudler, congrats and good luck!

My neighbour lost his brother suddenly today and a local radio station announced it on the news before the family (including him) were informed. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The crisis of confidence I'd been having over the last few days has abated :):o
    Did you decide on/apply for a postgrad?

Edit: Just noticed the Chris Brown talk. "Woman Beater" trended on twitter during his "performance" and then his fans exploded with rage. I couldn't get over the sheer volume of people saying "oh get over it, that was so long ago" and the like. They were nearly all women, btw. One of the more disturbing things I read in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Waiting to hear back from college about my FYP supervisor, I hate waiting, the anxiety is making me feel sick. If I have to wait all day tomorrow too I'll go mad :p

Sorry to hear about your dad The Lovely Muffin, hope he gets better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Did you decide on/apply for a postgrad?

Yeah, I'm going to apply to UCD and NUIG (UCD will hopefully be a backup...) but just have to get references sorted and I'm ready to go.

I really have to look into what the story is with finances. But I'm going to apply first because I know it'll put me off applying at all if it turns out there's not many finance options!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

bubblefett wrote: »

And I gets to see the Muppet Movie tomorrow, so excited!!!! :D Love The Muppets

I saw it Friday, it was UNREAL! Bit embarrassed though, I'd booked tickets and was all "oh, we better get there early, it's the first night it's out so it'll be really busy, you know there'll be queues"...you guessed it, ten people in the cinema! :o

Also, had a crap crap week last week - this one will be better.

Lovely Muffin, hope things start looking up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ah lads, I had nearly ten pages to catch up on and I was only gone for 2 days! I'm home but bf decided to come with me. :D

My list:
    boards.ie compatibility.PNG

Welcome to the thread Miaireland!

MsAllybear - Hope you're feeling better today. :) x

EmilyO - thanks for the congrats re. the anniversary. :) And kudos on the weekend of debauchery. ;) Had a similar weekend myself.. ;)

Any news on baby Ivy?? :)

Congratulations on the job interview krudler! :D

The Lovely Muffin - I hope your Dad gets better soon. Really sorry to read that you've been having a tough time lately. xx

Not happy about reading what happened in Raw, I have to watch it tonight knowing I'm going to bawl.. Poor Pavel... :(

Lord that took a while to catch up on...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I'm going to apply to UCD and NUIG (UCD will hopefully be a backup...) but just have to get references sorted and I'm ready to go.

I really have to look into what the story is with finances. But I'm going to apply first because I know it'll put me off applying at all if it turns out there's not many finance options!
    Good luck!!
    I'm already panicking about finances at the thought of going back to college and I haven't even been accepted to the course yet!! :o

Being a poor penniless student will take a lot of adjusting to if I do go back to college. Sigh. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement