Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

fletch wrote: »
    Anything stolen or just mindless vandalism?

Im not to sure but I think they were looking for stuff in cars or to take the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just to let you know I was approached by a man in Westend Car Park in Blanch Centre today asking would I be interested in some Paco Rabanne Aftershave (guess this is the weekend that someone might be buying aftershave for Valentine's pressies).

He had a back pack on with a navy quilted jacket and and a large hole (possibly fully ripped) where an earring would have gone in the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just to let you know I was approached by a man in Westend Car Park in Blanch Centre today asking would I be interested in some Paco Rabanne Aftershave (guess this is the weekend that someone might be buying aftershave for Valentine's pressies).

He had a back pack on with a navy quilted jacket and and a large hole (possibly fully ripped) where and earring would have gone on the ear.

So - how does the aftershave smell? :pac::pac::pac: Just kidding. Sounds dodgy in the extreme!

DK8vk8Y.jpg

Just to inform anyone on boards who may live in the area, the residents associations & neighbourhood watch groups in Littlepace have organised a public meeting for this Wednesday the 18th of February @ 7.30pm in the function room upstairs in the Paddocks.

The meeting is open to all residents, and will be attended by senior Garda management from the Blanchardstown station as well as our community garda liaison. Local Councillors will also be in attendance.

This is the ideal forum to find out what is happening in the area, hear some crime prevention tips & also to ask any questions of the local garda force. Please see above for the flyer, with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Good to hear about this meeting.

What areas does it extend to does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Primarily aimed at residents of the various estates within Littlepace, but you can come if you like as the burglary prevention talk should be v. worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Arciphel wrote: »
    Primarily aimed at residnts of the various estates within Littlepace, but you can come if you like as the burglary prevention talk should be v. worthwhile.

I was at a smiliar meeting in the Castleknock Hotel last wednesday, a few Gardai from Blanchardstown and Cabra were there although it was a Fianna Fail organised event, their Councillors and a TD in attendance only. The Burglary preventation presentation is good, mostly common sense but still worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Lidl in Tyrrelstown was held up last night at 7pm by two masked raiders with guns :( They got around 5000 euro. :(

I was thinking about going there last night at 6.50pm but decided to go this morning instead! phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

The group of black lads between 17 and 20 who reside at 'The gap' of Huntstown and Clonee

Hello, can someone please tell me exactly where "the gap" is? I'm looking to buy a house around Huntstown and can't figure out where the gap is...

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

starf1sh wrote: »
    Hello, can someone please tell me exactly where "the gap" is? I'm looking to buy a house around Huntstown and can't figure out where the gap is...

Thank you!
    Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

fletch wrote: »
    Here

Ah ok, thank you for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Friday the 13th.

Some lunatic driving a most likely stolen Nissan Micra, damaged a car parked in Briarwood area. Nissan Micra parts were scattered on the street, near the car that was damaged.
    Culprit then parked this Micra in cul-de-sac (Briarwood Bungallows) close to the park and disappeared, just left the car there.
    Garda took the car away over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bottler70

House burglary in Aspen near Clonsilla Village last night. Didn't get much. They somehow managed to disable the alarm from a switch box outside the house in the porch. Stay vigilant folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Burgulary in Riverwood lawn / view area last night. Thieves dismantled the back window, entered the house and got the keys for the family car which they made off in after going around the house and taking an Xbox 1, cash and other valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I heard about a burglary and an attempted burglary in Riverwood Chase. Apparently around 5am on morning of Thursday 5th March. I have yet to verify.

daymobrew wrote: »
    I heard about a burglary and an attempted burglary in Riverwood Chase. Apparently around 5am on morning of Thursday 5th March. I have yet to verify.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure where the burgulary occurred - story was original related by my son after school, then verified with one of the neighbours whom my wife knows better. We're in the Riverwood dene side so not 100% with the roads on that site, but closw enough to the chase to perhaps be the same burgulary.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've heard that there was a second break in on the following night with a car stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Any more details, was this in Riverwood? Was the house alarmed?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

dibs101 wrote: »
    Any more details, was this in Riverwood? Was the house alarmed?

What I heard was that it was in Riverwood and they broken/removed a door pane to steal the car keys. No idea about an alarm.

5uspect wrote: »
    What I heard was that it was in Riverwood and they broken/removed a door pane to steal the car keys. No idea about an alarm.

Yeah can second that. Definitely in Riverwood. Rear window removed at the back of the house, entered the house and made off with the car keys and car. Not sure about alarm (set and deactivated or just not set). Occupants slept through the whole thing. Two adults and two young children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

An attempt was made this afternoon by 2 men in a red car to abduct a child in Mount Symon Lawn in Clonsilla. They lured the young girl with sweets and grabbed her, she managed to bite one of the men and free herself.

I hate to think what might befall a child in such circumstances, shocking stuff. Keep an eye out and stay vigilant folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm always sceptical on the source for such stories, a lot of the time it's rumours from Facebook and the like. Have the gardai commented?

Contrast this to the actual attempted abduction last week in which the gardai were out quickly with details and a description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Has it been reported to the garda? Why isn't it on the news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

January wrote: »
    Has it been reported to the garda? Why isn't it on the news?

I've seen it on FB tonight, the person who posted it was told by staff at the creche their children attend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Let's try and keep this thread for factual reports rather than what's doing the rounds on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

But remember - if you went to the gym and didn't post it on Facebook - you didn't go to the gym. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm always sceptical on the source for such stories, a lot of the time it's rumours from Facebook and the like. Have the gardai commented?

Contrast this to the actual attempted abduction last week in which the gardai were out quickly with details and a description.

Fair point. For whats its worth, the mother of one of the children involved relayed to a neighbour who in turn relayed it to me, I didn't see it on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Ah the aul FB the depository of all things factual & non superlative............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

An attempt was made this afternoon by 2 men in a red car to abduct a child in Mount Symon Lawn in Clonsilla. They lured the young girl with sweets and grabbed her, she managed to bite one of the men and free herself.

I hate to think what might befall a child in such circumstances, shocking stuff. Keep an eye out and stay vigilant folks.

A text message has gone out to parents about this from two of the local primary schools, they don't do this with out garda consultation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Advertisement