Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger Girls: Are They More Popular than We Think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

I just love big girls as I feel that they are a lot sexier than skinny ones. I like a girl who is well endowed in all the right places - a magnificent pair of breasts, nice broad curvy hips, big thighs and a good bottom - a feast of soft sexy flesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The Cool wrote: »
    I suggest we start a new thread on a slightly different topic:

[Shorter/Skinnier/Chubbier] Boys: Are They More Popular Than We Think?

See if anyone gives a flying feck!

When I hear grown women referring to grown men as boys... *twitchy eyeball*

But I'm guessing you probably don't give a flying feck about my twitchy eyeball either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Pug160 wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of guys who like bigger girls but don't let on. On more than one occasion I've heard of a man cheating on his thin partner with a bigger girl. I think this is the perfect example of how people sometimes choose social status and social acceptance over what they actually want.

Anyway, that's my profound thought for today.

And vice versa. As the old saying goes, "The neighbor's wife always looks better." If you were dating a super model, you might fantasize about the chubby girl working in Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I agree with the comments about waist to hip ratios - that's probably the female equivalent of a man with broad shoulders and a narrow waist. It's just one of those things that will be attractive to the opposite sex because it's basically a sign of good health and fertility.

I personally find some ''bigger girls'' quite attractive if their weight is located in the right areas. I think instead of pounding treadmills and doing lots of cardio in general, most bigger women and women in general should try some weight training to tone themselves up a bit.

As I said before, I admit the term ''bigger girl'' is very ambiguous. I'm not even going to try to define it as everybody's idea of big is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Nothing like a a bit of cushion for the pushin. Don't find a skinny woman attractive at all, what's attractive about a woman with the figure of a 12 yr old boy? I like a bit of meat on my woman.

• Advertisement

Dress size is not a good indicator of healthy weight, I was considerably overweight at a size 10, and a healthy size between a 6 and an 8. Because I'm just made tiny. Saying a size 14 is attractive/unattractive is very subjective, if I was a size 14 I'd be obese, whereas many of my friends at size 14 are a perfect weight. Just picking size 14 for the sake of picking a size.

Nothing like a a bit of cushion for the pushin. Don't find a skinny woman attractive at all, what's attractive about a woman with the figure of a 12 yr old boy? I like a bit of meat on my woman.

If you can't tell the difference between a woman and a 12 yr old boy, I'd suggest going to specsavers asap! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Candie wrote: »
    She's projecting nothing ffs.
    Exactly. Stupid thing for them to say. I don't see any issue with a guy saying he likes e.g. big boobs/pert bum/long legs - at least these are tangible physical traits rather than a fecking gap that most people don't know anything about, even if a guy liked the look of it if it were pointed out to him (which is his prerogative). Can you imagine the reaction if a guy said "I like a girl with a triangular gap between her legs". Weird, to be honest. :D

Exactly. Stupid thing for them to say. I don't see any issue with a guy saying he likes e.g. big boobs/pert bum/long legs - at least these are tangible physical traits rather than a fecking gap that most people don't know anything about, even if a guy liked the look of it if it were pointed out to him (which is his prerogative). Can you imagine the reaction if a guy said "I like a girl with a triangular gap between her legs". Weird, to be honest. :D

The poster was a re reg troll who has since been banned. He was on a wind up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

when he says most men find the gap thing attractive he is talking about instinctivly, not consciously.

but in saying that he is wrong. what he really means or rather should say is the most successfull males of our ancestors which were the ones which prolonged the species realised that this was the best chance for him to pass on the genes and more importantly for her to give birth AND survive child birth, are the ones who have extra fat around the hips and bum to survive and rear the child too to say 10/11 when his hormones kicked in and he tried to fuk mommy, but daddy in no uncertain terms chased him off to find his own mate and spread the genes wider [theres a reason incest is bad mkay!] think froyd was right about the whole wanting to fuck mommy thing tbh the more I think about it

in essence all other things being equal, a woman with the 'gap' [this is made by having wider sit bones btw among other things] ..........

a hip waist ratio of .8 in other words proportion, in simple terms, wider hips than waist [bigger the difference the better]

........is the best chance you are going to have of having kids in life that is a fact, and is the reason why we are all here today and everyone who has had kids especially since time began

me personally, I dont have kids yet, but Im both physically and instinctively attracted to those who fit the above.[ I use to wonder why I found different women attractive, so read up on it and figured it out too. it makes a lot of sense if you think about it.]

in ways Im looking to settle and have kids, but only with an open minded girl who will have an open relationship. I just love the variety of women too much to just settle for one

but women like this are hard to find :rolleyes: feckin catholic brainwashing..

but the search will continue, and in the mean time Ill have my fun :pac:

I'm not talking crap, it is widely regarded as attractive amongst men. It's a signal of good health and fertility.

Just like tall men are widely preferred to short men by women, gaps are preferred to no gaps by the majority of men.
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    So... I don't even know how to put this one-

You're putting forward your opinion then as a statement of fact, based on what has to be said is obviously only your own limited life experience, and you can't see an issue with that?

How do you account for the attractiveness of a woman who wears a skirt then or a minidress? The thigh triangle is nothing more than a feature that some men find attractive the same way as ass dimples, eyes, lips, they're all features, the same way as there are hot gingers, and not so hot gingers, not so hot brunettes, and smoking brunettes, blondes who have more fun, and blondes who are boring as fcuk.

You're simply generalising when something fits with your theory. An unbiased and objective opinion doesn't work like that, but you are entitled to your own individual opinion regardless; I'm just saying you'd be wrong to try and pass it off as anything representative of the majority of anything.
    Larianne wrote: »
    What the fuk is this gap yokey that I'm meant to have to make me attractive to men? So my thighs aren't rubbing against each other? Is this a requirement in standing or when lying down? Or both?

They can't see it when I'm wearing a dress so what do they go by then?!

What a load of nonsense!
    The Cool wrote: »
    Is the thigh-gap only sexy because you look at it and see "easy access"??

I think that's kind of bollocks but whatever floats your boat. But it is no indicator of thinness or fatness. I'm a size 16 with chunky thighs and no thigh gap. My sister is size 10 with toned, muscular thighs from cycling and she has no thigh gap. That's genetics and if I were to lose weight I'd probably be as likely to end up with a thigh gap as I would different coloured eyes.

Also worth mentioning - lots of people here seem to equate "big" with "curvy". You can be a size 8 and be curvy. Curvy is about your shape, the silhouette of your body, not your size. If you're talking about bigger girls, that means wobbly tummies, etc.
    chakotha wrote: »
    Check out Indian actress Namitha.

A big girl who oozes appeal and has a massive following in India. Yes pur-lease.
    Candie wrote: »
    I'm going to only wear skirts from now on.

Keep 'em guessing like.
    Shenshen wrote: »
    I'd never heard of it until today, and on checking neither had my husband.
    I had to describe it in some detail and his reaction was "Women have a gap there? What on earth for?"

I've no doubt that some women have always had it, but I somehow doubt many men are even aware of its existence.
    In your opinion.

To me the girl in the pic whoops posted earlier, while she'd a great set of hips, the thigh gap looks like just that- a weird gap, the poor girl looks bandy legged IMO, I mean, again- it's purely subjective, it just doesn't do it for me, but it does for you, but to try and say your opinion is in the majority based on your own experience, well, that's just wrong.

Exactly. Of course it's always existed, but it's only in recent years more people have become aware of it as an internet phenomenon moreso than anything actually realistically encountered on a daily basis, the very same as the ass dimples or camel toe phenomenon- it's an internet fad.

EDIT: After looking at that pic again, it looks like they photoshopped the hell out of it too!
    I just Googled "The history of the thigh gap" and all that comes up is "new craze" "new obsession" "new dangerous obsession amongst teens" so I have to call bull**** on this being an always thing.
    Whereas googling "hour glass figure in women in history" comes up with pages and pages of documentation in history.
    It's not a fertility thing, it's a symbol of starvation and control in the fashion industry. How could it possibly be a symbol of fertility, women wore skirts and covered this area for centuries!
    I don't doubt people find that gap attractive but the way it's being put out there on this thread as a really obvious thing that most men always look for, like boobs/pert ass/small waist/long legs etc... is obviously just disingenuousness. Most guys wouldn't even have heard of it. I wasn't aware of one as gaping and weird-looking as the one in the pic Sean Wooden Actor linked too. I do realise most people wouldn't find thighs rubbing together attractive, but that gap which is apparently so popular and well known is way "wider" than the one between a healthy woman's upper thighs that aren't rubbing together.

But yeh, it's important to reduce a human being to the level of a ****ing "gap"... :confused:

I think what people mean by "bigger" is chubbier than slim.

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    think froyd was right about the whole wanting to fuck mommy thing tbh the more I think about it

I use to wonder why I found different women attractive, so read up on it and figured it out too. it makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

IMO if you're going to throw about Freud's Oedipus theory, the least you could do is indeed read up on it.

in ways Im looking to settle and have kids, but only with an open minded girl who will have an open relationship. I just love the variety of women too much to just settle for one

but women like this are hard to find :rolleyes: feckin catholic brainwashing.

Less to do with religion and more to do with structure of a society, but hey, it works for Mormons, something for you to consider, because Mormons ain't religious at all at all... :D

but the search will continue

Good luck with that, might want to broaden your horizons though, and your mind.

If you can't tell the difference between a woman and a 12 yr old boy, I'd suggest going to specsavers asap! :D

It was a comparison, as in a woman who is that thin, she has no junk in her trunk, no chest and has arms/legs like chicken legs :)

It was a comparison, as in a woman who is that thin, she has no junk in her trunk, no chest and has arms/legs like chicken legs :)

Ahh right, wouldn't be my taste either tbh, but there's plenty of people do fancy a slender woman, but to compare a slender woman to a 12 year old boy? Nope, still sounds weird :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm either too old or too young but I've never heard of this "gap" till reading this! :confused:

I work in a large company with a lot of different nationalities and there are many women who look like their legs would snap in a stiff breeze with a figure like a 15 year old boy. I mean seriously thin.

No thanks.. curves FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Id be overweight by about 2 stone now. I carry it well though, Ive a tiny waist and huge hips, fairly flat stomach. Im also tall so that helps. Ive no problem finding guys, Id say if I was 5 inches shorter it would a bigger problem for me though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Id be overweight by about 2 stone now. I carry it well though, Ive a tiny waist and huge hips, fairly flat stomach. Im also tall so that helps. Ive no problem finding guys, Id say if I was 5 inches shorter it would a bigger problem for me though!

you were doing so well till I saw your username :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I'm either too old or too young but I've never heard of this "gap" till reading this! :confused:

I work in a large company with a lot of different nationalities and there are many women who look like their legs would snap in a stiff breeze with a figure like a 15 year old boy. I mean seriously thin.

No thanks.. curves FTW

Me neither, never heard of it, didn't know it was a "thing".

I am a DINOSAUR! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

It is for sure true. I am a bigger girl and I have had some crazy experiences in my time. Like the time I dated this guy for a while. Every time we were out together and someone he knew came along, he'd stop holding my hand and step faaaaar away from me... Obviously didn't date him for long after that lol. Though I've never had a problem getting guys if I am honest, they can be a bit weird around other men when with their chubby women!

There is no body type that is better than the others, we all have our preferences and that's fine. I don't like how a guy feels being with a "big girl" will have him looked down on by his mates, but maybe its the same for a guy who like chicks with small boobs, or girls with big teeth, or girls who wear glasses or whatever... Different strokes for different folks! My BF loves me and that is all I give a damn about lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Women carry weight so differently, trying to explain this to my friends though is entirely pointless as they just believe in the infallible truth of women either being slim or fat with nothing in-between. I wouldn't be overly attracted to women that carry excessive weight all over - not to say that it would stop me if I met a girl I liked - but women that carry weight on their hips definitely appeals to me alot. Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Festy wrote: »
    Big Boobs >>> Big Butts

:pac:

While some could agree with that statement.... im of the opinion that you can manage with small boobs.... cant do anything with a bad bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Well I don't think too many people would complain about that. That's a good example of being in proportion. A lot of people aren't though.
    Dizzicizzi wrote: »
    It is for sure true. I am a bigger girl and I have had some crazy experiences in my time. Like the time I dated this guy for a while. Every time we were out together and someone he knew came along, he'd stop holding my hand and step faaaaar away from me... Obviously didn't date him for long after that lol. Though I've never had a problem getting guys if I am honest, they can be a bit weird around other men when with their chubby women!

There is no body type that is better than the others, we all have our preferences and that's fine. I don't like how a guy feels being with a "big girl" will have him looked down on by his mates, but maybe its the same for a guy who like chicks with small boobs, or girls with big teeth, or girls who wear glasses or whatever... Different strokes for different folks! My BF loves me and that is all I give a damn about lol.

Like I said in an earlier post - I think that's mainly a male trait. Guys tend to be worried about what other men think of their woman's appearance. I don't think women are like this. A woman could go out with an overweight man, a nerd, or just someone who looks a bit strange but she'd only be worried if he was socially awkward I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So when are people going to start posting pics that panda can rub his belly to in a leering manner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Its like everything really moderation is the key. Curves are attractive obesity is not. I stay roughly the same size 10 -12 and have curves but have been bigger14-16 at times but never felt attractive heavier (personally speaking each to their own). I think a more mature man likes a bit of a curve though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

...but women that carry weight on their hips definitely appeals to me alot. Yes please!
    :eek: Do NOT want. People differ and that's a good thing. Makes room for us all.
    Mariasofia wrote: »
    I think a more mature man likes a bit of a curve though.
    Which is (IMHO of course) just as discriminatory towards slim women, by suggesting "mature men" whatever that means will be automatically into what some might see as women who are just too heavy, because otherwise it's shallow. I call shenanigans on that myself. Preferring a lean woman doesn't change with age IME. Not unless the bloke involved has chunked out himself. And as I've said earlier I have far less time for a bloke who has gone porky over time.

Actually one thing that would turn me off(physically and TBH mentally) about a woman is one who has a yoyo size over time. The ones whose wardrobe is filled with different sizes depending on her mood/life stage. Maybe it's my OCD talking but I prefer consistency. I'd much prefer a size 14 woman who remained that size over a decade than a size 8 woman who was a 14 two years ago, a 10 3 years before that and has stuff in size 16, just in case.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    They all have lovely bottoms.

Some of them just need planing permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What are peoples definition of bigger girls? are you talking curvy like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce , Jennifer Lopez etc . I wouldn't consider these to be bigger girls at all ..

Or when you say bigger girls are you talking Adele, Oprah etc.. thats what I'd consider to be a "bigger" girl personally.

Don't men like both skinny/curvy it all depends on the girl as long as they are their healthy weight. Even look at celebrities there are many pretty women both skinny and curvy that I'm sure guys wouldn't turn down. I'm not a guy but I'm guessing men will have either as long as they find the person attractive and like their personality even though they may have a preference. I think as long as the person is confident in their own skin or appears to thats all that matters.

You had me at huge hips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I know men who find bigger women attractive. I used to have a friend here who'd come out with me and only go for larger women on a night out and he told me that was simply what he liked. They're out there and there's more of them then you think. I think a bigger woman with their fat in the "right" places is extremely attractive imo and would get a lot of attention from fellas. I can totally see the appeal, so I'm not sure why some men are denying that many men have a taste for that. I'd say it's pretty evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I know men who find bigger women attractive. I used to have a friend here who'd come out with me and only go for larger women on a night out and he told me that was simply what he liked. They're out there and there's more of them then you think. I think a bigger woman with their fat in the right places is extremely attractive imo and would get a lot of attention from fellas. I can totally see the appeal, so I'm not sure why some men are denying that many men have a taste for that. I'd say it's pretty evident.

A cynic would suggest though that on a night out, bigger women are seen as easier to acquire and therefore more appealing when you're just out for a quick shag.

Not saying that's a good/correct attitude to have or that every guy thinks that way but the mentality definitely exists and can explain a percentage of "chubby chasers".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A cynic would suggest though that on a night out, bigger women are seen as easier to acquire and therefore more appealing when you're just out for a quick shag.

Not saying that's a good/correct attitude to have or that every guy thinks that way but the mentality definitely exists and can explain a percentage of "chubby chasers".

It can certainly explain some of them but also many would presume that's the reason a guy would go for a bigger woman just because they wouldn't be into it themselves. Plus many men would pretend they were their reasons.

That wasn't the case with my old friend. He was a very good-looking Spanish guy who got a lot of attention from women. I remember there was one slim, hot chick mad into him and they went out for a few weeks. He told me he had to end it because she wasn't big enough and didn't enjoy sleeping with her.. He'd almost exclusively go for foreign chicks (as in not Spanish) as he found Spanish women too slim.

Cynics can think all they like but there are many genuine cases of men who like large women and more than we think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement