Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rotterdam Marathon 2012 - 15/04/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

The lead woman just passed a very white irish looking guy, 2'12 at 40k, not sure if thats any help :D

Ha thanks I have the stream alright but unfortunately around the 2.12-2.18 mark the had an interview with some dude so not getting any updates on whether Connolly has come in yet. Thought Gold standard races had to provide live split updates?????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

DNF :( for me felt grand to 10 and started getting bad stomach cramps, tried to run it off still went through halfway in 1:29:30ish tried another gel but only felt worse. Bailed at 16.73 in 1:54 - 6:50 pace and high tailed to the nearest toilet. Back at the hotle feeling sorry for myself but will get over it.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    DNF :( for me felt grand to 10 and started getting bad stomach cramps, tried to run it off still went through halfway in 1:29:30ish tried another gel but only felt worse. Bailed at 16.73 in 1:54 - 6:50 pace and high tailed to the nearest toilet. Back at the hotle feeling sorry for myself but will get over it.

Sorry to hear Dom. I am sure you will regroup from this blip and come back stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Gary T Sean C and Sergio all narrowly missed out finnishing close togeter in 2.16+

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Awful news Dom, but if you bailed out early, there's still the chance you could use the training to run again soon, if the interest is there. Could be alot of us down in Cork this year.

• Advertisement

Got reports that Catriona Jennings was on a standard pace with mile to go anyone know if she got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Unofficial result for Catriona Jennings : 2.36.15 :D....

text from course so very unofficial.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

liamo123 wrote: »
    Unofficial result for Catriona Jennings : 2.36.15 :D....

Brilliant stuff. I'll be honest heard she was going well but didn't expect that. Interesting what will have regards selection for London now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Sorry to hear that beepbeep...

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Caitriona now : 2.36.10..... is that the second fastest female Q time???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

liamo123 wrote: »
    Caitriona now : 2.36.10..... is that the second fastest female Q time???

Think so but don't think selection will come down to times alone. Different marathon courses will have a major impact on times etc. That's great news for her anyway. Hope she celebrates today and worries about selection criteria tomorrow. Fair fecks to Thornton and Connolly as well, they seemed to have given it a right lash. Regardless Irish marathon running is in a much better position than it has been in the last 10-15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sorry Dom. Similar story 2 years ago myself. You were sensible with bailing. At the time I carried on and it was a bad decision to do that on the day. You'd have felt a hell of a lot worse if you'd carried on.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Congratulations to Catriona Jennings on getting the qualifying time,a fantastic performance. I wonder when will the selectors make their final decision?

Unlucky for Connolly and Thornton so close to the QT, the standards in Irish marathon running have improved dramatically. What time did Sergei do? Maybe if he got under 2:18, Moldova might send him on the B standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Raighne

Caprica wrote: »
    Congratulations to Catriona Jennings on getting the qualifying time,a fantastic performance. I wonder when will the selectors make their final decision?

Unlucky for Connolly and Thornton so close to the QT, the standards in Irish marathon running have improved dramatically. What time did Sergei do? Maybe if he got under 2:18, Moldova might send him on the B standard?

Sergiu did 2:15:25 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Any news on the other guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

3:25 off the Garmin for me - guts of a 3 min PB - nice training run for Cork :)

Got text from Amadeus 3.00.51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Heardunofficially Simon had a 2.46

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Heardunofficially Simon had a 2.46

Excellent result.

Any news on T-Runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

ecoli wrote: »
    Got text from Amadeus 3.00.51

Ouch. Great running, but you'd have to wonder about the last 10k story there. Don't know Amadeus' background or pb. Is this congrats or commiserations?

• Advertisement

How come the results are so slow coming up and there was no athlete tracking. Thought that was standard for major marathons. Are Rotterdam penny-pinching or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭topday

I don't have the official results but I think I was in and around 3.12. I never stopped the garmin... If that is so I knocked almost 17 mins off my PB at Dublin. Delighted and well done to all you guys and gals.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

T-runner 2:35 I believe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

Itziger wrote: »
    Ouch. Great running, but you'd have to wonder about the last 10k story there. Don't know Amadeus' background or pb. Is this congrats or commiserations?

I think you can safely assume that no-one targets 3.01 or 3.02 for a marathon so I fear it will be commiserations.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

3:30:30 for this kid. Delighted...22 minute PB. Hard fought.

Burgman wrote: »
    I think you can safely assume that no-one targets 3.01 or 3.02 for a marathon so I fear it will be commiserations.

Of course not but the bloke's previous pb could be 3.08 or something. 50 seconds is a killer though and that's a long enough straight there to see the 2.59 on the clock knowing you're not going to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Itziger wrote: »
    Of course not but the bloke's previous pb could be 3.08 or something. 50 seconds is a killer though and that's a long enough straight there to see the 2.59 on the clock knowing you're not going to do it.

He has already broken 3 hours last year. (2:56 I think?).

menoscemo wrote: »
    He has already broken 3 hours last year. (2:56 I think?).

Well a definite ouch then. Still at least he has sub 3 done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

T-runner 2:35 I believe :D

Happy with that run. Leg strength and aerobic capacity all more than adequate: sharpness not quite there. If I was to do the taper again I'd swap it with Krustys or abhainns.

That said ran very well.. Missed the 2.35 peleton by starting too far back and therefore too steadily. Peleton is apt as the wind was severe. Spent all race trying to regain the 30s to that big group. Had to take on the wind as the group I was in was heading for 2.40. Caught the group just when it disappeared at 35k. I thought I was heading for 2.35:30 ish so was acting the maggot with the crowd at the end. Too late I realised my mistake....ah I had to get value out of my entry fee though. Hard luck beep. Take that fitness down to cork.

Now for steak and chips no2. Btw. Rotterdam is a class city. Lengthy report to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Link to results on facebook page....could somebody throw the link up here thanks?

Advertisement