Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seth McFarlane's Ted (2012)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FrogMarch

Have to say, I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I appreciate that there are a lot of people out there who absolutely hate Family Guy and Seth McFarlane's humour in general. I wonder - are there any of you out there that like Family Guy that didn't actually like Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

FrogMarch wrote: »
    Have to say, I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I appreciate that there are a lot of people out there who absolutely hate Family Guy and Seth McFarlane's humour in general. I wonder - are there any of you out there that like Family Guy that didn't actually like Ted?

Me. Love family guy, Cleveland show. American dad, not so much, though.
    I wasn't expecting family guy humor, I was expecting a funny movie but instead what I feel like I got was a superb premise with the worst possible execution of the story.
    And the early shock humor of fg was all over it which made it seem cheap and recycled.
    All IMO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Watching this now.....the end credits are coming on screen.

Can anyone tell me when the funny bits are going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Basq wrote: »
    Watched it last night was all set to enjoy it after the good things I'd heard but as a big fan of early Family Guy (Seasons 1 - 3) and not so much recently, I found it very hit and miss.

The funniest bits were in the trailer and because I'd seen them all before, they didn't raise much of a laugh.

As Matias Wrong Hairstylist said, Ribisi was great.. although under-used, although it did go with the role.

Don't know - definitely a tad disappointed!

Just see it recently and this sums up my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,552 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I failed to get one single laugh from this garbage. What is it with comedy today and vulgarity. What is funny with it? Coarse language and vulgarity for the sake of it is just pathetic. The odd swear word here and there can add a lot to a line or a story, but this was just OTT for no reason other than to be OTT.

Can anyone explain or show me the funny bits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

walshb wrote: »

For some reason, I doubt explaining or showing them will do any good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I failed to get one single laugh from this garbage. What is it with comedy today and vulgarity. What is funny with it? Coarse language and vulgarity for the sake of it is juts pathetic. The odd swear word here and there can add a lot to a line or a story, but this was just OTT for no reason other than to be OTT.

you had no businesss there...

i thought it was a nice little movie meself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

you had no businesss there...

i thought it was a nice little movie meself

I thought it was a decent film with some laughs but the love for it by some really is quite ridiculous I listened to a few people wax lyrically about it the weekend as if it was the best fim of 2012.

I thought it was a decent film with some laughs but the love for it by some really is quite ridiculous I listened to a few people wax lyrically about it the weekend as if it was the best fim of 2012.

IMDB is 50/50. Many thought it was great and many thought it was absolute dirt. I found it to be quite desperate. Overly offensive, but not at all funnily offensive. Ther was no subtle humor whatsoever.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IMDB is 50/50. Many thought it was great and many thought it was absolute dirt. I found it to be quite desperate. Overly offensive, but not at all funnily offensive. Ther was no subtle humor whatsoever.

You do know who Seth MacFarlane is, right?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You do know who Seth MacFarlane is, right?

Fair point. Ok, he's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Not really.
    We've seen plenty of incidents of good, subtle humor from him.

But I think he got carried away with the concept of crossing the innocence of a childs toy with balls to the wall vulgarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I've tried to watch this twice now but I can't get passed 10 minutes without imagining all the characters from Family Guy because of the voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Awfull drivel, it was like a bad episode of FG, and I did love FG (at least from S1-S4 , and then a few decents eps scattered here and there)

OTT just for the sake of it, for OTT to be funny the centered joke needs to be too !!

All the funny parts are in the trailer ..

1/10

rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

the_monkey wrote: »
    Awfull drivel, it was like a bad episode of FG, and I did love FG (at least from S1-S4 , and then a few decents eps scattered here and there)

OTT just for the sake of it, for OTT to be funny the centered joke needs to be too !!

1/10

rubbish

Giving it 1/10 is just stupid. You even said yourself that "All the funny parts are in the trailer" so you're admitting that there are funny bits in it. It's not the film's fault that you saw the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

the_monkey wrote: »

1/10

rubbish

Fine Gael were never funny.

Advertisement