Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disqus or Facebook Comments

• 24-11-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I'm thinking of adding either Disqus of Facebook comments to a website but can't decide which. I'm swaying toward Disqus.

Anyone care to share their experience of either system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭MOH

One issue with Facebook Comments is that they're obviously tied to your identity. Often people might not want to comment under their real name, and have it tied to their FB profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

MOH wrote: »
    One issue with Facebook Comments is that they're obviously tied to your identity. Often people might not want to comment under their real name, and have it tied to their FB profile.

That's the big advantage! You cut out half of the rubbish and moderation needs when people have to post as themselves as the remarks are attributed directly to them.

If I'm right Disquis also supports FB Comments but allows you log in with other networks as well.

Advertisement