Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the english exam HL

• 08-06-2011 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10 summers nearly ther HUHHHHHHHHH

so how did you do?
    post all your comments here!

to start things off:

is it me or did anyone else write about osama bin laden for the media studies q1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Louise6

It actually went much better than expected :) paper 1 was easy - and i did Barack Obamas visit for the media studies question. And then paper paper 2 was also relatively easy. I'm pretty happy with how it went :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 summers nearly ther HUHHHHHHHHH

Louise6 wrote: »
    It actually went much better than expected :) paper 1 was easy - and i did Barack Obamas visit for the media studies question. And then paper paper 2 was also relatively easy. I'm pretty happy with how it went :D

same here, it went really well, just that my hands were killin me after that notorious paper 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

After the exam every said they did either Obamas or the Queens visit...
    I did Osama bin Laden... They all said "Oh Yeah!"

The Unseen Poetry was a bit bizarre though..

For Personal Writing i did the speech- it was a very nice title:D
    for functional writing i did a review of my PS3 :) lol

After the exam every said they did either Obamas or the Queens visit...
    I did Osama bin Laden... They all said "Oh Yeah!"

The Unseen Poetry was a bit bizarre though..

that was one of the stupidest poems i've ever heard, but for me i had very little time to do the studied poetry

• Advertisement

that was one of the stupidest poems i've ever heard, but for me i had very little time to do the studied poetry

What is your impression on Mrs Reece?
    She laughs? A lot?

She laughs? A lot?

hahaha, thats all she bloody did, the whole poem was about her laughing, wtf?

same, i did a ps3 review as well, it was class, what was your short-story or personal writing about?

I did the Kindle for some reason.... wasn't arsed describing an Xbox again...wish it could have been a game though.. only wrote a page and a half:(

same, i did a ps3 review as well, it was class, what was your short-story or personal writing about?

the speech was write a speech for or against the motion Social Networking sites have a negative impact on the lives of teenagers (not the exact wording but close)
    Im useless at planning essays. :)

I did the Kindle for some reason.... wasn't arsed describing an Xbox again...wish it could have been a game though.. only wrote a page and a half:(

How much are you advised to write? :confused:

• Advertisement

How much are you advised to write? :confused:

half a page for 5 marks...ridiculous I know but it helped a little

the speech was write a speech for or against the motion Social Networking sites have a negative impact on the lives of teenagers (not the exact wording but close)
    Im useless at planning essays. :)

i wrote a story from the q a composition beginning with the lines ''I knew i needed a lot of courage to get through the day'' or something like that. i based mine on a prison

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cantanstrophe

She laughs? A lot?
    I said she was nice. I couldn't find any evidence, so I said that "In my experience, most people who laugh like that are."

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

no way is it half a page for 5 marks.
    A page and a half is enough for it

i wrote a story from the q a composition beginning with the lines ''I knew i needed a lot of courage to get through the day'' or something like that. i based mine on a prison

I did that on occupied Paris :)
    Basically wrote half the saboteur gameplay :)

no way is it half a page for 5 marks.
    A page and a half is enough for it

Im always docked marks in English cause it's 'too short' freakin 5 page essay for the mock "sorry but you lost marks because it was too short

Im always docked marks in English cause it's 'too short' freakin 5 page essay for the mock "sorry but you lost marks because it was too short

haha i wrote 4 pages for the essay, but the freakin paper 2 killed my hand

27 pages in the mock, 23 in the real thing FML

27 pages in the mock, 23 in the real thing FML

you freak :eek:

you freak :eek:

Oh Jesus overall now! Not on a single paper :)
    One guy in my class wrote 36 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I didnt write about osama, the queen, OR obama! I wrote about Wayne Rooney cheating on coleen.. Yeah im serious... :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Errr I wrote 16 for paper 2 and 14 for paper 1 >.> Well that's if there was 12 pages in each booklet, I think that's how much there were...so errr 30 pages, ouch. Although one of them doesn't really count because I started doing one studied drama question and crossed it out because I realised I hated it.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Errr I wrote 16 for paper 2 and 14 for paper 1 >.> Well that's if there was 12 pages in each booklet, I think that's how much there were...so errr 30 pages, ouch. Although one of them doesn't really count because I started doing one studied drama question and crossed it out because I realised I hated it.

All I can think about now is inappropriate jokes about painful hands:D

i only did 12 pages in total :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I did 24 pages in total, 1 booklet for paper 1, 1 booklet for paper 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

Why does everybody keep going on about the length? Have you read the marking schemes? Nowhere in it does it say that an answer should be a page and a half blah blah blah. Like for my functional writing I wrote a review about my iPhone 4 which was a fairly solid review (I'm on gadget sites everyday reading reviews) and it was only a page or so long. Didn't want to get too in-depth on the whole thing or else the examiner would've just been mind****ed me talking about phones that compare to it, specs, screen resolution, battery life etc. :p :L

Indiego wrote: »
    I did 24 pages in total, 1 booklet for paper 1, 1 booklet for paper 2 :)

Rightly done too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Am I the only one to write about Haiti? Well, anyway, I went wondering of the point TERRIBLY so it's entirely down to luck what I get :D ,

I have 2 booklets filled from edge to edge. I was in a trance, so I couldn't be bothered getting extra paper.

That 2 hour break is fantastic, Finally we can have a proper soccer match during lunch:cool:.

The haiti earthquake was 17 months ago, the question said a story in the last 12 :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

mixery wrote: »
    Am I the only one to write about Haiti?

Only problem is that is said 'last 12 months'?
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement