Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Gaa back on at the weekend. Games hard to call at this time of the year. Hard to know what team is trying or not. So be careful !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Happy New Year all. Hope ye had a great Xmas. Backing Leinster -6 and -6.5 today with Powers. Leinster -3 halftime also. Good luck if you follow

Have backed Scarlets -1 and -1.5 in todays second game. Can't get it all on at -1. Good luck if you follow

Good day yesterday. Hoping to continue it today with Bath against Leicester. Bath win 2.4 Betfair. Bath +2 most bookies 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Isotonic wrote: »
    Have backed Scarlets -1 and -1.5 in todays second game. Can't get it all on at -1. Good luck if you follow

recommend matchbook to you has 1% comm (works on both losing and winning bets however) often few grand above high st odds on spreads

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    recommend matchbook to you has 1% comm (works on both losing and winning bets however) often few grand above high st odds on spreads

Cheers. Do they have in play rugby at all?? Couldn't see it. Nothing went right for Bath today injuries and the red especially. Disallowed tries imaginary penalties etc. Good weekend all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How hard do you find it after winning (online) to wait for a really good bet and not lump it on something just as you're 'up' and have money sitting in your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

dinneenp wrote: »
    How hard do you find it after winning (online) to wait for a really good bet and not lump it on something just as you're 'up' and have money sitting in your account?

Used to find it hard. Not so now. Discipline is key to making any sort of money. Its so easy to log on by mobile or laptop and bet on 2 flies going up a wall. When you find that you have to keep depositing far more than withdrawing you'll never be up. Set a target and withdraw when you hit it. Start low again. I used to win big and give it back. Now i buy something, pay a bill, insure the car, holiday. Great to see the rewards of good discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

dinneenp wrote: »

I find it hard but I only gamble small money so it doesn't bother me. Its very hard not to place another bet when you've had a good win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I only deposit for individual bets and withdraw every Sunday night. Otherwise it just gets tempting.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Do they have in play rugby at all?? Couldn't see it. Nothing went right for Bath today injuries and the red especially. Disallowed tries imaginary penalties etc. Good weekend all the same

not sure how much they do in play, they charge commission on per transaction so just not made for trading as of yet.

Matchbook and pinnacle (who basically have the same odds and lay relatively similar amounts on the same events, I'm inclined to believe the layers on matchbook are bookies themselves) don't do in play rugby. The pros are a 102.5% book on handicaps, decent amounts laid on matchbook but not on pinnacle for rugby and as far as I know they don't close or limit accounts. The main cons are they can be very late pricing things up and this, combined with their odds being more accurate than any other bookies odds makes it quite hard to make money off of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Anything for tonight ISO?

Connacht -7 gloucester +5

Connacht -7 gloucester +5

much prefer to go connacht 1-12 and saracens 1-12.

horrid weather in galway means connacht sneak it

manafana wrote: »
    much prefer to go connacht 1-12 and saracens 1-12.

horrid weather in galway means connacht sneak it

Best of luck. Don't be surprised if gloucester win. Also it is always horrid in Galway!!!

Best of luck. Don't be surprised if gloucester win. Also it is always horrid in Galway!!!

would have said gloucester last season but they not convincing me much right now, sacarens as we know have plenty talent.

tonight is especially horrid in galway, but yeah having lived there winter night without rain or wind is rare

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Thought it might be helpful for me to share how I handle my funds. A lot of you probably know this but it took me a while to figure out a good system.

Open a PayPal (I had one already). I then went to my AIB online and set up a direct debit to send money into PayPal just after payday. The details you need to set up the direct debit are available in 'my account' section of PayPal (IBAN, account # etc).

I have a couple of accounts. Coral and B365. When I want to place a bet, I'll deposit using PayPal and punt away.

Advantages
    - Much easier to keep track of. I put €50 in each month and that is it. Just over €10 per week max loss.
    - No betting showing up on bank account. As long as you don't involve credit or debit cards in the above, you will only ever see PayPal on your AIB account
    - Easier to budget. If I lose €25 in my first weekend of a new transfer, I'll take it easy for a week or two, as I know that I have only €25 left
    - You can have several accounts and choose best odds/offers, without your bank statement looking like a bookmaker's phone book!

Be Aware
    - €15 min deposit/withdrawal on 365 for PayPal
    - the bank transfers cost nothing, but take about 2 days
    - I'll generally punt away and if I made a €30 profit on a day, take €20 out or something (into PayPal). At the end of the month, I'll clear out the PayPal back into bank account just as the fresh €50 arrives.
    - No special fees associated with this

In the past I had no clue how much I was betting. Now I know I have made a small profit in each of the last three months and lost the €50 in each of the three motnhs before that!

Open to suggestions also. Hope it is of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anything today in any sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Lads am part of a syndicate where we had an NFL team lose by 4 points last night in an on going 5 timer accumulator.
    Was backed at +7 so that bet is up yeah?

TIA.

• Advertisement

Lads am part of a syndicate where we had an NFL team lose by 4 points last night in an on going 5 timer accumulator.

TIA.
    Yeah that's a win for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TIA.

Backed +7 but only lost by 4.

Bet wins

Sounds like the Baltimore Ravens :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

2 up so :-). Broncos -7 cowboys +6 and United left.

Really like the look of Maguire 23/20 Murphy to night in the snooker. Should be 10/11 max. 23/20 is with boyles prob be shorter to night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Really like the look of Maguire 23/20 Murphy to night in the snooker. Should be 10/11 max. 23/20 is with boyles prob be shorter to night!!!

Anything in the rugby tonight/this weekend?

frat wrote: »
    Anything in the rugby tonight/this weekend?

These would be my idea of a decent 16/1 shot. Will post individual game bets as they arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Received a €5 freebet to be redeemed in any Paddy Power shop, I never bet in-store so first come first served I guess.
    To redeem your free bet on a betting machine, press the ticket check button, touch the 'V' next to 'Cash Ticket', enter your unique code and hey presto you have a €5 free bet.

If you are struggling don't worry as our friendly shop staff will be able to help. Our shops are now also open until 9.30pm Monday to Saturday all year round!!

Your unique code will expire in seven days, so don't miss out, do it now.

Unique Code: V356410207830

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not sure what he was doing in his last shot but gave the frame to him.

Any bets today?

No regrets re the bet. Was the wrong price. Had so many chances. Should have been 4-1 up. BAcked Sarries -6 here.(in the photo for those who will say 'aftertimer') Will post others before games

• Advertisement

Clermont -6 Quins -4. Both Strong and the 2nd and 3rd leg of my 4 timer

Advertisement