Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,394 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mary Macavoy to cover the tom dunne show with fionn davenport next week .

Even the woman herself says to be afraid !

:D

Say your joking.....PLEASE.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sile, Tom Dunne, and Murph on off the ball..... How are they still in their jobs???

Cringeworthy

Murph's a legend. End of. :)
    kneemos wrote: »
    Say your joking.....PLEASE.

He isn't. :(

He isn't. :([/QUOTE] The "death notices"so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Whoa, you're way off the mark there with that one, Murph's hilarious.

Tries way to hard to be funny and doesn't pull it off, love the show, can't stand him[/QUOTE]

^^ = Contradictory statement. Murph is an integral part of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fair Play to Jonathan Healy for putting the question about management wages to that woman.. That exact question should have been put to Fergus Finlay when he was playing the poor mouth yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Sile Seoige, Hook, McAvoy are insufferable. Used to like Tom Dunne but the more I listen to him the more I think he's a gormless eejit.

Can only listen to Healy and Moncrieff these days (Moncrieff being leagues ahead of just about everyone on the radio).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

There's nothing worse than turning on the radio expecting to hear Sean Moncrieff and then getting Fionn bloody Davenport instead.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than turning on the radio expecting to hear Sean Moncrieff and then getting Fionn bloody Davenport instead.

Seems to be everywhere lately.I think Moncrieff is back tomorrow.It was hilarious last Friday I must say with that Australian movie critic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Couldn't agree more. He isn't very good at all on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fionn and Biddy are presenting the TD show next week.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Oh I don't know.... you could end up with Andrea Pappin or Síle "how ya gittin an" Seoige.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

Fionn and Biddy are presenting the TD show next week.:eek:

Could be an interesting week! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

why does newstalk news have stories from a few days ago?
    that spanish mayor and union stole that food at least 2 days ago. at least that's when i heard it on newstalk the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone happen to be listening around 18:30 to another one of Georges so called experts who spent the whole time kissing ass.

I wonder if they have to shower afterwards with the shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tuning in Pat Kenny and getting Ronan Collins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Is Tom Dunne off next week? If so, I'll tune in to see what its like. Can't stand his painfully boring voice, fake laugh and obsession with music.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ha ha, this exact sentence came into my mind several times this week. Meant to post it myself.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Is Tom Dunne off next week? If so, I'll tune in to see what its like. Can't stand his painfully boring voice, fake laugh and obsession with music.

i'll give you 5 minutes.
    one thing i'll give him, he does know his stuff about music.

i'll give you 5 minutes.
    one thing i'll give him, he does know his stuff about music.

You're right about that, the guy has a fantastic knowledge of music, I find I share a lot of his tastes. He's the kind of guy who I'd like to have a pint with.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Dave mcintyre back roaring and shouting again, when somebody has a shot that goes 10 yards wide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

McIntyre reminds me of Jonathan Pearce in his Channel 5 days.

risteard7 wrote: »
    Dave mcintyre back roaring and shouting again, when somebody has a shot that goes 10 yards wide

Clown of a man. Somebody needs to tell him to tone it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Ex-NewsTalk presenter Claire Byrne is being touted in the Sindo for Morning Ireland: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/claire-byrne-lined-up-for-morning-ireland-role-3203556.html

I think NewsTalk really dropped the ball on CB. NewsTalk foisted Ivan Yates on her, and I didn't much care for the way Yates behaved towards her. No class. She left NewsTalk in fairly short order for RTE, and after some supporting gigs, it looks like her time has come.

Good luck Claire. If you're on MI, I'll be tuning in from Lyric - having long ago given up the ghost on the Breakfast Show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

McDave wrote: »
    Ex-NewsTalk presenter Claire Byrne is being touted in the Sindo for Morning Ireland: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/claire-byrne-lined-up-for-morning-ireland-role-3203556.html

I think NewsTalk really dropped the ball on CB. NewsTalk foisted Ivan Yates on her, and I didn't much care for the way Yates behaved towards her. No class. She left NewsTalk in fairly short order for RTE, and after some supporting gigs, it looks like her time has come.

Good luck Claire. If you're on MI, I'll be tuning in from Lyric - having long ago given up the ghost on the Breakfast Show.

This could be the thing that makes me actually consider MI as a viable option in the mornings...

Agree with your post 100%, NT were fools to let her go IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This could be the thing that makes me actually consider MI as a viable option in the mornings...

And then end up with so little after Yates had to bail. Not that I was at all a fan of Ivan's.

i couldn't rate claire byrne when she was on newstalk, she always seemed out of her depth. seemed like she was asking questions without following on, just like ryan tubridy on the late late, he just asks what's on the card without elaborating.
    always felt like people she interviewed went rings around her without her noticing, which is why ivan yates was a much better replacement.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I was never a fan of Clair Byrne until she went to Newstalk where I think Yates lightened her up a lot.I also remember her being over the moon that she did'nt have to get up at all hours for the breakfast show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭GSF

kneemos wrote: »
    I was never a fan of Clair Byrne until she went to Newstalk where I think Yates lightened her up a lot.I also remember her being over the moon that she did'nt have to get up at all hours for the breakfast show.
    well if she gets an RTE gig she will be working one week on one week off. None of this full time, 5 day a week presenting on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I posted this on the Breakfast Show thread but it's equally relevant here:

It's being reported in the Sindo that Claire Byrne will take over Radio 1's morning slot.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she state that she was looking forward to doing light entertainment when she left Newstalk?

Anyway, News talk really need to capitalize on this and appoint a top notch breakfast host. There's now an opportunity to grab some of Radio 1's listeners.
    Byrne is, in a word, awful.
    Far too many cringe worthy moments - most notably when she tried to get a van together with supplies to help during the floods back in 2009. Awful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Whats this Talking English crap on a Sunday night,were is talking history gone..?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement