Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 09-04-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Any one else think we should set up an entire forum dedicated to the one and only BOSCO???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! "That puppet had a smile that melted my heart and covered my pants in bodily fluids" quote - unquote! :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

bosco was not a prime time cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

I heard that bosco (The actual puppet) was stolen years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, Bosco was underground

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Exactly please do not post crap like this, use the retro forum or the tv forum thnak you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Steveire wrote:
    I heard that bosco (The actual puppet) was stolen years ago.
    Like how hard would it be to make a new one, though? Bit of wood, paper maché, white paint, wool...

Infact they could start the 1st episode with make-and-do: Bosco: the ressurection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

i like that idea, now to figure out how to incorporate a washing up liquid bottle...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sugerbabev

when i was a kid, i went to a bosco show, they were raffeling a bosco puppet after and i was so delighted when my name was called!!!! To this day i still have it, sad i know considering im that little bit to old for dolls, teddies, all those kids toys that were so amazing to us growing up!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Boscos great!!! He was stolen but i like the ressurection idea! I have the Bosco soundtrack on 12inch LP!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Somebody I went to college with - it was her mates who stole the puppet. One of the Lambert kids was in UCD and had Bosco in a big case and they nicked him for a joke. Then they took him on hols to San Francisco and took a pick of him waving with the Golden Gate bridge in the background and faxed it to one of the papers here!!! They returned him in the end / called up and said they found him! :D
    Anyhoos I always wanted a Bosco puppet but my mum said they were too dear! A kid in school had one but his nose was broken off so it wasn't the same as the "real" Bosco!! One of the presenter guys moved to our road abt 10 years ago and we all used to sing the Bosco song as he walked by which looking back was a bit bold!! Sorry David-from-Bosco if you're reading this!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Bosco Hell Yeah, bring him back

I've forgotten all the things you can make with a potato and washing up bottles and that magic door, amazing :D

Yeah!!! BOSCO!!! BOSCO!!! BOSCO!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

As a red head who grew up during the bosco era, i would like to say i hope hes burning in hell for the anguish his mop of wool-hair caused to me and my kind. bad enough the kids had fireman sam to slag us with, but bosco had the edition of being irish. thank God intensive counselling has stopped me from dissappearing into cardboard boxes with kitchen knives anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭ Marlowe Melted Sympathizer

Yeah bring him back! I'v been wondering what he's been upto all these years and then i googled it and foun the ansewer :D
    PS: He has been drinking bukmers while smokin a joint! ;) will i be able to post the picture? since he has got a joint in his mouth? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Flunked wrote:
    Yeah bring him back! I'v been wondering what he's been upto all these years and then i googled it and foun the ansewer :D
    PS: He has been drinking bukmers while smokin a joint! ;) will i be able to post the picture? since he has got a joint in his mouth? :p

Was there really any need to drag this thread up again? :rolleyes: Muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭ Marlowe Melted Sympathizer

qz wrote:
    Was there really any need to drag this thread up again? :rolleyes: Muppet
    thx. i aint offended at all! :rolleyes: and why not bring it up? since he is puppet he should have world domination. oh yeah and, MUPPET!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Hey that puppet had hand up his ass the whole time and had a constant smile wats thaT say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Chubb76 wrote:
    Hey that puppet had hand up his ass the whole time and had a constant smile wats thaT say
    Says you're jealous???

hee! Rock on Bosco!
    Anyone whos interested look up bosco in the Cuckoos Nest and then pm me or bright smile if you like our plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

bosco rocks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

yeah,boso rocked!!! he was one of the outlets whıch kıds used to annoy parents, he had red haır and the squeakıest voıce known to man, but all kıd s loved hım...BRING BACK BOSCO!!! Who wants to rebel and have a protest march outsıde RTE to get Bosco back??? (on saturdays so us poor school people can watch ıt too..)
    Let me know ıf u wanna joın me...

yeah,boso rocked!!! he was one of the outlets whıch kıds used to annoy parents, he had red haır and the squeakıest voıce known to man, but all kıd s loved hım...BRING BACK BOSCO!!! Who wants to rebel and have a protest march outsıde RTE to get Bosco back??? (on saturdays so us poor school people can watch ıt too..)
    Let me know ıf u wanna joın me...
    YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Bosco was brilliant. But I dont think he should be brought back. For a few reasons.

Kids today wouldnt appreciate him for what he is. They're all wrapped up in their playstations and other wire filled boxes.

Also, to keep modern kids' interest, they would make terrible attempts to modernise Bosco, and in doing that, kill him.

The only people who would watch it would be those who remember good telly.

its true but I taped the kids show count down last week and mam was playing during the week, I was in my room and as soon as I heard that squeaky little voice I went running down the hall screaming BOSCO like a little child, and proceeded to sit on the edge of the seat with my eyes all a sparkle and glued to the screen! Like old times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Is that countdown being repested by anychance. I missed it.

I dunno, they'll probably do another one in a while, they generally do, I didn't see it I got about 10 seconds of Bosco before mam said through gritted teeth "You can watch it tomorrow!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nicky B

Bosco, Bosco, Bosco, Bosco, Bosco. Lets all go though the magic door and go to Dublin Zoo to see the "EEnnoorrmmoouuss EElleepphhaanntss. Tá siad Go Hállainn" You have to read it in a squeky voice for it to work. :rolleyes:

Nicky B wrote:
    Bosco, Bosco, Bosco, Bosco, Bosco. Lets all go though the magic door and go to Dublin Zoo to see the "EEnnoorrmmoouuss EElleepphhaanntss. Tá siad Go Hállainn" You have to read it in a squeky voice for it to work. :rolleyes:
    AAAAHHHHH its SIR FLOP A LOT!!!!!
    only we get that and its not what you dirty minded freaks think!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Arabel wrote:
    Bosco was brilliant. But I dont think he should be brought back. For a few reasons.

Kids today wouldnt appreciate him for what he is. They're all wrapped up in their playstations and other wire filled boxes.

Also, to keep modern kids' interest, they would make terrible attempts to modernise Bosco, and in doing that, kill him.

The only people who would watch it would be those who remember good telly.

Thats true. And his real reason was so us kids would be too preoccupied with Bosco that we wouldn't realise that we're all ridiculously poor.
    I had the album too, next time I'm back in the Motherland I'll have to pull it out, take a heaping helping of mind-bending drugs and see what happens. Ooooh I'm excited!!!!!

• Advertisement

MadPatrick wrote:
    Thats true. And his real reason was so us kids would be too preoccupied with Bosco that we wouldn't realise that we're all ridiculously poor.
    I had the album too, next time I'm back in the Motherland I'll have to pull it out, take a heaping helping of mind-bending drugs and see what happens. Ooooh I'm excited!!!!!
    gaud yeah could you imagine listening to that while stoned! Oh HELL!

Advertisement