Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumtree.ie

• 29-01-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was taking a look on gumtree.ie (like buy and sell) and spotted something I was interested in. I sent an email to the guy and got a reply asking me to send the money for the item through paypal and that he would send the item?
    I am a bit nervous about this. If I send the money and he does not send the item will paypal refund my money?
    I don't think Gumtree have any protection on their side..
    Need some advice.
    Thanks
    Sham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Gumtree have no protection on their side and paypal probably wouldn't do much for you

http://www.gumtree.ie/help/stay_safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

so, even though I would be using paypal and the other guy would be using paypal aswell I would not be covered in case of fraud?
    I tried emailing paypal but its quite difficult as you need a transaction ID etc.
    I think I will leave it so.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

The majority of ads on Gumtree are Scammers ..
    Be Warned...

Dont even give it a second thought Sham !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Trx wrote: »
    The majority of ads on Gumtree are Scammers ..
    Be Warned...

Dont even give it a second thought Sham !!!!

In every section....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

Sham, this is more than likely a scam (good rhyming there :D), avoid like the plague

• Advertisement
Advertisement