Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there doing first year math , specifically Differential Calculus , MT101s that'd be willing to email me the notes posted on moodle for this weeks lectures ?!?!

I'm repeating so I can't register until Friday meaning I can't access the notes until then which is a right pain so if theres anyone willing to help me out it'd be greatly appreciated ! :D

I'm having the same problem with law! Damn this late registration jazz!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

andrew369 wrote: »
    There is no rush in picking tutorial times and what not this early is there? I just looked through my moodle and have not a clue what is going on or how to pick specifics lol.

No, but if there was a specific time you'd like/don't want to be left with then I would do it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

There is no rush in picking tutorial times and what not this early is there? I just looked through my moodle and have not a clue what is going on or how to pick specifics lol.

I only know about first science but....

Usually the desirable tutorial times go fairly quick after they're released and you're allowed select one leaving only times not so favourable like Friday mornings for example.

This usually doesn't happen until the middle of next week though and you should be told in your first lecture on Monday when it'll happen and what to do(it's fairly straightforward tbh). So I wouldn't worry about it for the moment , but when you do have to pick I'd get up early that morning if I were you :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

I only know about first science but....

Usually the desirable tutorial times go fairly quick after they're released and you're allowed select one leaving only times not so favourable like Friday mornings for example.

This usually doesn't happen until the middle of next week though and you should be told in your first lecture on Monday when it'll happen and what to do(it's fairly straightforward tbh). So I wouldn't worry about it for the moment , but when you do have to pick I'd get up early that morning if I were you :L

Ah perfect then :) will just pick up the info first lecture and pick a time after that. Bit awkward at the moment though since I chose Music as a subject but figured out it is impossible to do due to compulsory ensembles of existential terror. Hope it doesn't reflect badly when I don't show up :/ .

Ah perfect then :) will just pick up the info first lecture and pick a time after that. Bit awkward at the moment though since I chose Music as a subject but figured out it is impossible to do due to compulsory ensembles of existential terror. Hope it doesn't reflect badly when I don't show up :/ .

What do you mean ?

As in you think it'll be too difficult for you to do that module or theres a timetable clash meaning you can't do it ?

Either way they prob won't even notice you're not there

• Advertisement

What do you mean ?

As in you think it'll be too difficult for you to do that module or theres a timetable clash meaning you can't do it ?

You have to join an ensemble outside the department as part of a performance module. Only one I am eligible is for a men's choir which is impossible for me since I cannot sing a note and would kill anyone listening, and also practice finishes at 10pm which is very difficult for me since I commute. I was pretty much only taking the course for piano lessons but the hassle of that cancels it out lol.

You have to join an ensemble outside the department as part of a performance module. Only one I am eligible is for a men's choir which is impossible for me since I cannot sing a note and would kill anyone listening, and also practice finishes at 10pm which is very difficult for me since I commute. I was pretty much only taking the course for piano lessons but the hassle of that cancels it out pretty much lol.

Ah I see , I was being rather airheaded and read , " compulsory ensembles of existential terror" as the name of a module :o

Note to self start reading things twice !

:L Yeah I'd just go buy piano lessons , much easier :pac:

Ah I see , I was being rather airheaded and read , " compulsory ensembles of existential terror" as the name of a module :o

Note to self start reading things twice !

:L Yeah I'd just go buy piano lessons , much easier :pac:

LOL nah not for music, could be a philosophy module though. And yeah I figured out I can get piano lessons off YouTube wwwaayyyy easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

When are 2nd year students allowed pick tutorials? Specifically maths

EDIT: Nevermind, 2 second search showed me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yeah, if you could provide a link, that would be great.

Also, I have fúck-all money. I hope Streamline Coaches will except an IOU until my HEAR cheque is cleared!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Registering on wednesday for my masters and still waiting on SUSI for grant conformation. If I don't pay half of the fees by wednesday and/or still haven't heard from SUSI, what do I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Pope, if you were talking to me, it tells you on moodle that we can only pick them from 9AM tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thecomet

Does anyone know what the parking on campus will be like tomorrow?.. My first lecture isn't until 1 and don't really want to head down at 9 am if there will be a few parking spaces later.. Do people start clearing out around 1 or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Tomorrow is first day of lectures campus will be mental and carparks will be full I'd say after 10am from my recollection of the last 2 years anyway. You could take the chance and could be lucky, entirely up to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Not sure about tomorrow as it's the first day back, but usually I had no trouble getting a space around 1 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I was 17 when I started, just got the plain old student card that hasn't been replaced in 3 years.
    Have security and bar staff lost their ability to read dates of birth or something?

It's all comes down to time. With big events you can't afford to get a backlog of people at the turnstile simply because of crowd dynamics/pushing etc.. And when the bar is 5 deep and I think somebody may have slipped by security and I ID them it's quicker to just be able to glance at the card and keep throwing drink out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I need to register for 1st year maths tutorials in the morning,do i find them on moodle?

lisar816 wrote: »
    I need to register for 1st year maths tutorials in the morning,do i find them on moodle?

Yes, well it was that for me last year. It's very easy, you just click the time you want and submit. It will also show up whatever times are full too.

lisar816 wrote: »

Yep =)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

marko93 wrote: »
    When are 2nd year students allowed pick tutorials? Specifically maths

EDIT: Nevermind, 2 second search showed me. :o

Unless they've changed things csse students get assigned to a specific tutorial time.

• Advertisement

I heard you could get free notebooks somewhere on campus is that true? Just realized I didn't have as many hardbacks left over as I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I heard you could get free notebooks somewhere on campus is that true? Just realized I didn't have as many hardbacks left over as I thought.

Yep. Go ask Rose in Academic Advisory (located in Education House). Should get a few no problem :)

Yep. Go ask Rose in Academic Advisory (located in Education House). Should get a few no problem :)

Brilliant thanks :) will try get a couple between lectures tomorrow (first day wooo) :D

Genuinely can't believe I'm starting second year tomorrow :eek: Feels like no time since I started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I'm so excited to go back tomorrow, it's been way too long!

I'm sure this feeling will be gone by Friday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Jubella that feeling will soon vanish on the first mention of Essays or assignments :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Unfortunately I don't think so. I called in last week and was told they cannot give them out anymore. Cost cutting I suppose, maybe can't afford to help students with free paper any more. I don't know the details, but it's a real pity. That service has helped me so much over the years I've been here. Maybe if enough people asked the higher-ups might have a change of heart?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The law dept definitely have some a4 posts floating around their corridors.

I bought myself some of those project books with the dividers and was so proud of my organization until I realised that I have three pink ones and only one blue. This seriously hampers my ability to organise every visibly and neatly per subject. I am not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Where do you go to get a locker tomorrow? I've got a big gap tomorrow and I want to go to the gym so I could do with getting my locker in the morning :)

I can't believe I'm starting properly tomorrow :eek:

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Where do you go to get a locker tomorrow? I've got a big gap tomorrow and I want to go to the gym so I could do with getting my locker in the morning :)

I can't believe I'm starting properly tomorrow :eek:

Iontas Foyer :D

There's lockers in the gym though

Advertisement