Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fnz wrote: »
    Posts on the EU forum are turning me off, even trying, the game (at least on EU servers).

Hopefully the NA servers don't have to high a ping.

Why is it European are always shafted on ftp versions of these games? They are almost always run by a crappy company, or are charged at a far higher rate than the American version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It is a bit annoying alright.

Ok so yesterday when I logged into Fraya I only had about a 10 minute wait so was happy with that.

Still playing away and enjoying it. Just left the first island.

I wasn't happy when it came to crafting. Seems you need a fair amount of money just to start craft leveling. Was given a quest for each craft but each item (of which you need to craft 25) requires a specific 5 materials that from what I can see, can only be bought. These 5 materials (for weaponsmithing at least) come to around 2.5g. That's a lot of cash for a n00b like myself. :(
    Maybe there is another route to it that I'll check later as I didn't hang around long after hitting the city. One thing I like to do in these games is craft my own gear as I level. I hope that is not lacking here...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

I think I may have downloaded the NA version or something? Theres no server called fraya and havent had to wait to get online ever :S Im on a server called tempest something or other :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive not had to wait on Fraya at all, do Veterans get put to the start of the queue or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Willow01 wrote: »
    I think I may have downloaded the NA version or something? Theres no server called fraya and havent had to wait to get online ever :S Im on a server called tempest something or other :P

Tempest Reach, It is a US server!:P

• Advertisement

Tempest Reach, It is a US server!:P

Aaaaah crap! Any way to move onto the european version? Although from what I hear that may not be a great idea! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Well currently in a 38 minute queue for the last 40 minutes... Time remaining... 20 minutes.. doh!

Double doh.. Had to reset my connection. Back to 40 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Willow01 wrote: »
    Aaaaah crap! Any way to move onto the european version? Although from what I hear that may not be a great idea! :P

Are you sure that you want to move to a EU server?

I was in the opposite situation to you; worried that I would be restricted to EU servers. MMO forums are often full of complaining but, even so, the EU players seem exasperated by how Gameforge run things - the price differences between EU and NA shop items are ridiculous.

Fnz wrote: »
    Are you sure that you want to move to a EU server?

I was in the opposite situation to you; worried that I would be restricted to EU servers. MMO forums are often full of complaining but, even so, the EU players seem exasperated by how Gameforge run things - the price differences between EU and NA shop items are ridiculous.

Yeah Im thinking I dont :P

Im thinking a mass migration of european players to the US servers then! :P

I think if I talk anyone into downloading it then Ill just ask em to download the US version

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally got it downloaded. 3 more of my friends did. So far - Wooooooooow!

It looks fantastic, feels fantastic, my sluty slayer looks fantastic :D. I dunno how it will go on, but it was ages since I dogged my teeth in to mmorpg like this! Might even sub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Wossack

played a bit of this over the weekend - quite enjoyable. cba with the massive queue on the primary EN server, so Im on the low pop one (arcadia I think?)

strangely enough ShadowHearth - I made a really tarty slayer also :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wossack wrote: »
    played a bit of this over the weekend - quite enjoyable. cba with the massive queue on the primary EN server, so Im on the low pop one (arcadia I think?)

strangely enough ShadowHearth - I made a really tarty slayer also :p

A nice we red head sluty slayer! :D

I can't stop playing it! I can't believe how much I enjoy it! It was the only damn mmorpg I skipped on launch and ironically it is the only one which isfreaking awesome. I am seriously thinking of stoping sub on eve online and go this full time.

Today me and other to friends did our first dungeon. If was really cool. I really loved bosses. Makes you really think how stupid right click mmorpgs are. First dungeon had more interesting boss fights then wow raid bosses.
    My friend got chest armour for his berserker ( sluty too :D ) and the outfit was pretty much full sexy bikini. I got a chest armour too, which actually covered all the bits :( . I was not impressed :D

I the serious note: 6 of us started playing it and all of us love it. All ex wow players. All tried a lot of other mmorpgs and tera is the first one, which just got us glued to screens. The combat feels just so dn good. Really satisfying.

What really is great that free players get so much! I don't even know if subbing is even worth it :). I will still throw some money their side. Damn too good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Apparently some people never played Lineage 2?
    This looks like its clone. Rather failing clone, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Anywhere I can still get a boxed copy of this? I see gamestop have it but it's €37, looking for something a bit cheaper if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I haven't seen it anywhere cheap - at least online. Out of stock everywhere. Was tempted to get it for $20 on amazon.com but, now, that train has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Tera is great fun for the first 30 levels then the boredom hits like a train! It has a hell of a lot of potential but the god awful quest system kills it. There is absolutely no variation and when the grind kicks in every quest is another nail in the coffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Wossack

hah yes, Im very wary of that :p dcullys turnaround from 110% enthusiasm, to utter bordom in less then a page and a half summed it up pretty well for me :D

Big Knox wrote: »
    Tera is great fun for the first 30 levels then the boredom hits like a train! It has a hell of a lot of potential but the god awful quest system kills it. There is absolutely no variation and when the grind kicks in every quest is another nail in the coffin!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Granted my highest level toon is 39 so i cant comment about later levels or endgame but yes I found the questing to be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Diablo 3 killed this game for me. Think i got my Warrior to level 48 then D3 launched. I agree with the quests being boring but the gameplay kept it fun enough for me to continue. Warrior gameplay atleast. Plus attempting to solo BAMs or killing them in a group was a nice challenge to break the tedium of solo questing.

Re-subbed to it recently before it went F2P and had lotsa problems with erratic ping, plus apparently there is alot of content that the US and Asia will be getting but EU will never get to see.

So ive been playing on and off since its gone F2P and its just so boring while leveling up after lvl 30 or so.
    Tried a few of my alts and just cant get into it,its so tedious while playing solo, i reckon its a lot better if your leveling up with mates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Advertisement