Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto populate subject field in outlook

• 10-05-2012 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an exchange mailbox here and I want to poulate the subject field with some text every time someone clicks 'New Mail'

Is this possible?

If so, how do I do it?

Google results are not very informative

Cheers

Tal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Came across this, might work.

Answer
    Marija, per Microsoft.com/Assistance...

Outlook does not prompt you to provide a Subject line. If you think you saw a prompt to provide a Subject line, you were looking at the basic email program Microsoft Outlook Express, which comes with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

You can create a toolbar button for a new blank email form and include a default subject, which can be changed, but if you forget then you still have the subject line filled in.

From the View Menu, Toolbars, Customize, the Commands TAB, drag NewMail message to the toolbar, with the Customize window still open, right click the new email toolbar button and select Assign Hyperlink at the bottom, choose email and then you will see a place to enter the subject. You do have to put some text in the email field but it can also be default to be replaced, but if you the same email frequently you might want to create a few buttons for each one with the e-mail already filled in.

Nancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hmm, when I right click it, the option to 'Assign Hyperlink' is greyed out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tallon wrote: »
    Hmm, when I right click it, the option to 'Assign Hyperlink' is greyed out :/

Works fine for me. Make sure you are chosing Mail Message as opposed to New in the tabs

204333.PNG

EDIT: You can type Mailto: in the email field and it will stay blank when you click the button then

Advertisement