Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anno 2070

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Really not a fan of U Play but I think this is probably the best Anno game yet.

Sinking hours into it atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

VinLieger wrote: »
    Plus the drm seems to be ubisofts usual ****e so that really puts me off
    Ah sh|te. Don't think I'll be buying it so.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It's not the version of it where you have to be connected to play, else I wouldn't have bought it either. All of the main missions and the sandbox mode can be played offline, as I discovered the other night when their servers were borked. That said, there's elements that can't be accessed without being connected. You can live without those though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

we should set up a lan type game over xmas? what do ye guys think?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I want this game but really can't decide whether I can bear to pay full price for it. I could be waiting ages for it to go on sale though.

• Advertisement

we should set up a lan type game over xmas? what do ye guys think?:)

Sounds good, though I'll be away for some of xmas

Is the game good enough to pay full price for? Itching for a good economic simulation at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

buy it off amazon its about 30 euro's or there abouts.

nesf wrote: »
    Is the game good enough to pay full price for? Itching for a good economic simulation at the moment.

scratch that,get it from zavvi,working out at 23.95

scratch that,get it from zavvi,working out at 23.95

No Zavvi in Cork any more and I have an Amazon voucher anyway.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    No Zavvi in Cork any more and I have an Amazon voucher anyway.

I meant the website :) it was working out at 44 euro on amazon but if you have a voucher your sorted.

Got it on g2play.net

€20.99, or €19.99 when I used the points that I had from buying with them before. Downloaded it from Ubisoft, installed, activated online, and when I left it, it was updating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paulthom

miss the older anno games really..

F**K. Its stuck on the autopatcher. Seems this is happening to lots of people :(

/edit
    Manual update: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/ANNO-2070-Patch.shtml

/edit 2
    From: http://www.annofans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=363
    1) go to folder c(or drive where windows is installed to)\windows and launch regedit.
    2) search in HKEY_USERS for folder chain Software\Related Designs\AutoPatcher\ProxyConfig and open file UseProxy.
    3) change 1 to 0
    4) play the game
    Seems to be doing something.

the_syco wrote: »
    F**K. Its stuck on the autopatcher. Seems this is happening to lots of people :(

/edit
    Manual update: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/ANNO-2070-Patch.shtml

/edit 2
    From: http://www.annofans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=363

Seems to be doing something.

That was happening me too on anno 1404 sometimes,very annoying

That was happening me too on anno 1404 sometimes,very annoying
    Aye. Well, I can confirm it works. I now must figure out how to play it :confused:

Also, I have no sound in it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Apparently the game has surpassed half a million brick & mortar sales :eek:

And no doubt Ubi are still moaning about piracy. I imagine the digital sales exceed that figure.

Enderman wrote: »
    Apparently the game has surpassed half a million brick & mortar sales :eek:

wow :eek:

Finally installed this yesterday and bloody hell is it addictive.

• Advertisement

can I not have this game installed on more than one machine?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't a clue. I have it on Steam and I have it installed on three machines.

Enderman wrote: »
    Haven't a clue. I have it on Steam and I have it installed on three machines.

Ya you can,what happened was is that I was logged in as my anno 1404 username and not my anno 2070 username :o

Ya you can,what happened was is that I was logged in as my anno 1404 username and not my anno 2070 username :o

BANNED

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Really tempted to buy this but I have a couple of questions for those of you playing it...
    • Can a store bought version be activated on Steam?
    • If so, does it still have that Ubisoft DRM?
    • If so, is that DRM obtrusive? I'm guessing it needs permanent internet connection or summat?
    Thanks in advance :)

Really tempted to buy this but I have a couple of questions for those of you playing it...
    • Can a store bought version be activated on Steam?
    • If so, does it still have that Ubisoft DRM?
    • If so, is that DRM obtrusive? I'm guessing it needs permanent internet connection or summat?
    Thanks in advance :)

yes
    yes
    You can play in offline mode :)

I just saw a tornado rip through my one of my towns :eek:

yes
    yes

Thanks Sephiroth_dude, just ordered it :D

yes
    yes

Well, received my retail copy today, and it CANNOT be activated on Steam :mad:

Edit: The angry face is for Steam/Ubisoft BTW, not you Sephiroth_dude :) I should have checked on the Steam forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

So how is it? Kind of looking for a game like this in wait for SimCity 5. I think I played 14xx long time ago. Couldn't really grasp it back then but I'd like to give it another go if it's worth it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have it installed but havent got past the starting campaign/tutorial yet.
    Im blaming so many other games that need finishing.
    Having said that i found the lack of a decent tutorial rather offputting being a noob to the series that i am.
    Pretty much every review states this issue but if you stick with it and eventually understand whats going on the game is meant to be brilliant.

Advertisement