Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paedophiles in Hollywood?

• 12-08-2011 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

"I can tell you that the number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be paedophilia. That's the biggest problem for children in this industry... it's all done under the radar. It's the big secret," Feldman said.

"There are so many people in this industry who have gotten away with it for so long that they feel they're about the law. And that's got to change, that's got to stop."

Feldman also blamed Haim's death on the lifelong trauma he experienced as a result of the abuse, adding: "There is one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim, and that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul - and that person needs to be exposed but unfortunately I can't be the one to do it."

http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/news/a334825/corey-feldman-paedophilia-is-hollywoods-biggest-problem.html

Truly shocking accusations, but ones that will ultimately be dismissed as the bitter lies of a desperate has been.

If these accusations do have an element of truth, what a shame it is that an individual would only be willing to blow the whistle once it becomes apparent that their career is over.

Comments

I doubt anyone is shocked to hear that there are those involved I'm the film business who prey on children, there are numerous documented cases of it. Victor Salva who directed the Jeepers Creepers films served time for sexually abusing the 12 year old star of his film Clownhouse. He went so far as to record it, served less than 3 years and while it took a decade for his career to recover it's now flourishing.

Look at the entire Polanski debacle last year with so many A listers coming to his defence, I think it was Whoopi Goldberg who said that it wasn't even "rape rape". Very few people were willing to speak out against Polanski, Luc Besson being one of the few who repeatedly refused to sign the petition to free Polanski or defend his actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why can't he name the mogul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

cause he probably has a book coming out

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Doesn't want to ruin his career :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its hardly a surprise, like the Church and modelling its an ideal environment for sex with the under-aged regardless of the motivation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Good question. IF he has information he should do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Watched the video interview. Wow - he comes across as extremely sincere in it. I have no reason to doubt his words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

dlofnep wrote: »
    Watched the video interview. Wow - he comes across as extremely sincere in it. I have no reason to doubt his words.

Agreed. Came across as such a tragic figure.

Hollywood, with it's wink and nod 'rub my back and I'll rub yours' culture from top to bottom is a perfect playground for paedophiles. Sickening.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It sounds plausible enough but I wouldn't let apparent sincerety sway judgement yet, it's a pretty big allegation and one that needs to be proven beyond doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Interestingly, in the "Godfather", the movie producer who ended up with the horses head in his bed was abusing a 12 year old wannabe starlet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 carlos D

Whoever it was should run for office in Ireland,there will be loads of people lining up to make excuses for them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

also, whatever happened to Corey Haim??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

carlos D wrote: »
    Whoever it was should run for office in Ireland,there will be loads of people lining up to make excuses for them then.
    Ezra's gonna run for Irish Presidency??

:rolleyes:

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 carlos D

DeVore wrote: »
    Ezra's gonna run for Irish Presidency??

:rolleyes:

DeV.

Why not,people seemed to love the dirty old bastard preying on some little lad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, it seems harmless but we've had to delete one post for someone insinuating so-and-so was a so-and-so. Keep the discussion general please, and only make references to individual's activities if they're well documented. We don't want the legal forces of Hollywood producers showing up and kicking our little website into oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Castle in the Sky

Well he is an actor.

Whatever you believe I don't think anyone could accuse Feldman of not being a sensationalist. For instance the million dollars spent by 14 accusation sounds a bit ridiculous. Sounds like the dad was taking his time and focusing it on his sons career and spending a fair chunk of the earnings on Feldman himself? (private teachers etc)

Ironic that Corey is so proud of emancipating himself considering his career decline correlates almost precisely with this decision. I wonder has he considered that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It was first revealed on The Two Coreys, reality show

Article about it here- http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20221634,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It really is shocking to learn that this was endemic and if anything, it was tolerated, and probably still is

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

baalthor wrote: »
    Interestingly, in the "Godfather", the movie producer who ended up with the horses head in his bed was abusing a 12 year old wannabe starlet.

That's what I was going to say. You stole my clever moment. The moment in which I was going to publicly point out that I've read a book. Damn you.

It's a good point you made too because Mario Puzo based a lot of what he wrote upon what he saw, people he knew and things he heard about them. There is a zeitgeist running through the novel. Eg The whole singer with ties to the mob and some others.

When I read that in the novel I immediately started to think that it was going on in Hollywood. A kind of open secret situation.

Also, I read books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Congratulations Milo on your book reading.

I have many leather bound books and my house smells like rich mahogany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Always wondered was Judy Garland abused as a child actress. She was one f*cked-up lady?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

also, whatever happened to Corey Haim??

He's dead sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Nolanger wrote: »
    Always wondered was Judy Garland abused as a child actress. She was one f*cked-up lady?
    they say she was given drugs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Doesn't want to ruin his career :pac:

he doesn't have a career hasn't for a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

he doesn't have a career hasn't for a long time

thats-the-joke.jpg?m=1272645893

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Because is he doesn't have proof he leaves himself open to a massive defamation suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Presumably because he has no proof and therefore would be sued into oblivion for slander.

Advertisement