Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 80's Recession V's this one?

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Before my time. Was that in shillings & pence?:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Trocaire Box~Great Idea,Grannies Pennies never seemed to make it to Africa.:D
    Going to Hell!

It's like the Bother goats for Africa now - I know several 9-12 year olds who have mysteriously managed to 'save' up enough money for a new bike/ipod/computer game during the exact same time frame that they were bringing money into school to buy goats. Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

KoolKid wrote: »
    Before my time. Was that in shillings & pence?:D

`83/4?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That reminds me of another thing from the 80s , loosies, 1 smoke 7 a match 10p .
    The Trocaire box was handy for them.
    Jaysus , ye can't even get 10s now.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    It's like the Bother goats for Africa now - I know several 9-12 year olds who have mysteriously managed to 'save' up enough money for a new bike/ipod/computer game during the exact same time frame that they were bringing money into school to buy goats. Coincidence?

It`s Kids like them that will get us out of this mess.Using their brains.:D

• Advertisement

That reminds me of another thing from the 80s , loosies, 1 smoke 7 a match 10p .
    The Trocaire box was handy for them.
    Jaysus , ye can't even get 10s now.

Dodgy sambo,1/4 milk and a loose No 6.

Dodgy sambo,1/4 milk and a loose No 6.

That sounds like my lunch box.
    Whatever happened to No6s and Sweet Afton?

My Granny died,So no supply. Players UNTIPED:eek:That sorted the aul lungs out.

`83/4?

The pint was well past the 50p mark then

The pint was well past the 50p mark then

Feck I am loosing it or I am Getting older ,Worse still ,Drinking at 14 in `80.:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

This will help.

This will help.

They were posh pub prices,The Killer in ****** was cheap.First Pint in a pub was`80/81 .We were never served shorts only pints.

Bannasidhe wrote: »

You know several 9-12 year olds?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    You know several 9-12 year olds?

who mysteriously came into money at the precise time they we being given money to buy goats. Yes. Some of them are now 12-16 year olds.

Advertisement