Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Irish Paper 1 and Maths Paper 1 tomorrow, why amn't I studying? I did more for the Xmas tests in 5th year.

Thats so true, same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm so bored I'm watching Caca Milis on youtube...
    OMG I'm so gonna do that, I wasn't in when they saw it! :(
    afc4life wrote: »
    In basketball or what sport?

I have basketball quarter final this sunday, your not in it are you? :p
    No no, Senior A Camogie against Loreto Kilkenny, if theres any of ye here..Ye going downnnnnnn! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ahhhh you'll do grand, the mocks aren't that hard :)

That's no different to saying that the leaving cert's not that hard >.>
    ...Right you are man. The trick is getting a grade higher than the equivalent with no study:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I feel like such a retard for failing pass maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Was the OL maths mock really that hard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Cian A wrote: »
    That's no different to saying that the leaving cert's not that hard >.>
    ...Right you are man. The trick is getting a grade higher than the equivalent with no study:p
    Thats the stuff mottos are made of! :D

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Was the OL maths mock really that hard?

Not at all! :) Paper I was loooooooovely, you could get an A1 in it if you have done maybe 2/3 hours study for it. I did alright in that. Paper II was I imagine no harder than any other year, I just did horrifically cause I did approximately zero hours study :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Couer, don't worry about it! It's only one test, you'll learn from it :) here I know I'm going to fail Maths, Irish and chemistry! It'll give me the wake up call though :P

But just try to forget about it, I know it's easy saying it, but fretting will do more harm than good :)

Yeah, I won't make the same mistake twice ;) Aww I think I did alright in Irish! :D I failed maths and I'm gonna fail chem and biology, oh well!

Does anyone else have really annoying parents regarding studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

^^^This^^^

Unfortunately my parents have been told at every single parent-teacher meeting they have gone to that I'm doing well at school but I'm a lazy cúnt and could do really well if I tried. This makes them push at me to study. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

^^^This^^^

Unfortunately my parents have been told at every single parent-teacher meeting they have gone to that I'm doing well at school but I'm a lazy cúnt and could do really well if I tried. This makes them push at me to study. :(

Exactly this :(:eek:
    my parents see me open a book and they tell me to close it , its only the mocks, you dont need study , you study enough etc !!! i dont study at all !!! and of course i just agree with them and dont do anything even now :( fml :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... cause I did approximately zero hours study :(
    Could there just possibly be a reason why they feel the need to be annoying? :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm having a small anxiety attack about biology, even though I've actually studied :/

Could there just possibly be a reason why they feel the need to be annoying? :D :P
    Haha I can see the link between those two comments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Yeah, I won't make the same mistake twice ;) Aww I think I did alright in Irish! :D I failed maths and I'm gonna fail chem and biology, oh well!

YES! My dad's unbearable, the other day he asked how many points I'll get. "500? More?" he said :O Mam told me that I'm a disappointment so doesn't push me to study (I'm pretty sure she meant that as a joke though!) but in all seriousness, she knows how annoying it is so leaves me alone :)
    ^^^This^^^

Same, and I don't want to let them down like :(

... What ever are you hinting at? <.<
    Joey. wrote: »
    YES! My dad's unbearable, the other day he asked how many points I'll get. "500? More?" he said :O Mam told me that I'm a disappointment so doesn't push me to study (I'm pretty sure she meant that as a joke though!) but in all seriousness, she knows how annoying it is so leaves me alone :)

Same, and I don't want to let them down like :(
    Well whenever mine annoy me I tell them I'm doing loads of study to get them to leave me alone, so they're gonna get such a shock when I get around -460 in the mocks. I get so touchy about study with my parents though, I dunno what it is. I'm constantly looking for motivation, I love it when my teachers and friends tell me that I'm not doing enough, but for some reason it hits such a nerve when my parents say it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... I get so touchy about study with my parents though, I dunno what it is.
    Guilt.

And sub-consciously knowing that they are the people who are worrying the most and who will be most disappointed (apart from yourself) if you don't live up to your potential.

Plus, on the other hand, knowing that your friends and teachers have more of an understanding of the LC, what's needed, etc., than your parents (or most parents) have.

Usually, it's the first one that gets to youngsters most, but they blame it on the second because it's easier.

Yeah you're probably right... Oh well, only 4 months left! :D

Guys is it even possible to get 440 at this stage? If you've been doing homework and very little else so far in the year?

Today, instead of studying, I decided to teach myself how to yodel.

Someone please call me a fúcking psychologist.

. Hahaha that's brilliant! :D

• Advertisement

No, I think I've gone insane :(

You tell us this and we don't get a demo? :p

Pure dreading French tomorrow :(

You tell us this and we don't get a demo? :p

Pure dreading French tomorrow :(
    I've Biology tomorrow, need to remember like 30 chapters off by heart :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Business was horrrrrrrrible today. but that's probably because I did literally an hours study. It'd have been lovely if I actually knew anything.

Biology and maths P1 tomorrow. Might aswell just prepare the noose.

Oh lovely :pac: I'll be doing Biology from sheer memory, I know that much. Good luck though :)

Manic2 wrote: »
    Business was horrrrrrrrible today. but that's probably because I did literally an hours study. It'd have been lovely if I actually knew anything.

Biology and maths P1 tomorrow. Might aswell just prepare the noose.

Same here, biology in the morning. I've studied human reproduction today (boo yeah, only thing i'll study :rolleyes:) and i'm hoping that if i do ecology, food, excretion and respiration i'll pass? :confused:

Oh lovely :pac: I'll be doing Biology from sheer memory, I know that much. Good luck though :)
    Yeah, trying to learn 'Iomadú Fasúil i bPlandaí' :eek: Thats like vegative reproduction in english, such a pain :pac:

Same here, biology in the morning. I've studied human reproduction today (boo yeah, only thing i'll study :rolleyes:) and i'm hoping that if i do ecology, food, excretion and respiration i'll pass? :confused:
    You'd want to go over cell division (mitosis etc), DNA/Rna structure, maybe the immune system (virus's, bacteria), photasynthesis (not sure is thats the english for it ha :P), genetics, and the stuff on plants
    Everythings grand except for the plants ha :pac:

Yeah, trying to learn 'Iomadú Fasúil i bPlandaí' :eek: Thats like vegative reproduction in english, such a pain :pac:

Oh my days it's bad enough in English! :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh my days it's bad enough in English! :eek:
    Haha yeah you're tellin' me! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement