Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Ghost is on TV3 around midnight. Roman Polanski's film of the Robert Harris book, about a writer (Ewan McGregor) hired to "ghost" the autobiography of a former UK Prime Minister (Pierce Brosnan).

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I've just found out that I'm after missing the best part of Film4's Werner Herzog season. Gutted. Do Film4 do a newsletter or anything to keep me up to date about their different seasons?

Also, is there anywhere that just lists the films that are on TV each week? I've come across a few different guides but I can't seem to filter out the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Also, is there anywhere that just lists the films that are on TV each week? I've come across a few different guides but I can't seem to filter out the movies.

FilmFlow shows what films are on each day and you can filter out the channels you don't have, it also includes all the Irish channels. :)

RichT wrote: »
    FilmFlow shows what films are on each day and you can filter out the channels you don't have, it also includes all the Irish channels. :)

Perfect. You're a star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I've just found out that I'm after missing the best part of Film4's Werner Herzog season. Gutted. Do Film4 do a newsletter or anything to keep me up to date about their different seasons?

They have been showing them at about 11:00 pm most nights
    saw two of them for first time

"Aguirre, the Wrath of God"(1972) about he story follows the travels of Spanish soldier Lope de Aguirre, who leads a group of conquistadores down the Orinoco and Amazon River in South America in search of the legendary city of gold, El Dorado. great mad movie

and Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) okish IMO

On Tonight
    Film 4
    ~~11:00 pm

Fitzcarraldo (1982)
    Fitzcarraldo is a 1982 West German film written and directed by Werner Herzog and starring Klaus Kinski as the title character. It portrays would-be rubber baron Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald, an Irishman known as Fitzcarraldo in Peru, who is determined to transport a steamship over a steep hill in order to access a rich rubber territory. The film is derived from the historic events of Peruvian rubber baron Carlos Fitzcarrald

Never seen it before also, good reviews might tune if I can.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzcarraldo#Reception

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

Here's one I use (I cant post links yet but someone might post it up)

nextfilm dot co dot uk

Very easy sit to use although no Irish channels on it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

Here's one I use (I cant post links yet but someone might post it up)

nextfilm dot co dot uk

Very easy sit to use although no Irish channels on it.
    You can also set up a search function that notify's you when the film you have searched for is going to be on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

2001: A Space Odyssey is playing on BBC2 as we speak.

Silver Linings Playbook, Ch4, 9PM. I have to admit I didn't entirely get this movie, nor was I convinced by its take on mental illness - but Jennifer Lawrence earned an Oscar for her performance, and it was quite a performance. At one point she appears to be channeling the ghosts of Blanche Dubois and Malcolm Tucker.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

bnt wrote: »
    Silver Linings Playbook, Ch4, 9PM. I have to admit I didn't entirely get this movie, nor was I convinced by its take on mental illness - but Jennifer Lawrence earned an Oscar for her performance, and it was quite a performance. At one point she appears to be channeling the ghosts of Blanche Dubois and Malcolm Tucker.

Didn't think she deserved the Oscar for this performance, to be honest. I always think they were making up for not giving it to her for Winter's Bone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Drive tonight on UTV Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Technically not a recommendation as I haven't seen it yet, but CitizenFour, the Oscar winning documentary about Edward Snowden is on Channel 4 tonight at 11:05pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Amour starting on film4 shortly

Amour starting on film4 shortly

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars : TG4 tonight @ 22:55

Happy Watching :)

Werner Herzog's Nosferatu the Vampire is on Film4 at 1:10am.

Werner Herzog's Nosferatu the Vampire is on Film4 at 1:10am.

Actually this is worth series linking. Stroszek and Aguirre are on during the week, although I'll have to give the latter a miss as my BFI steelbook is in the post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Actually this is worth series linking. Stroszek and Aguirre are on during the week, although I'll have to give the latter a miss as my BFI steelbook is in the post. ;)
    I'm surprised you didn't get the boxset, like I did.

I'm surprised you didn't get the boxset, like I did.

I got Aguirre and Big steelbooks on Zavvi.com as part of the 2 for €15 offer. I couldn't turn it down. €7.50 each, with free delivery! I don't normally go for steelbooks, but I love the Aguirre artwork, and Big is my all time favourite hangover film, so it was the perfect bargain. I'm not a huge Herzog fan (yet), so I'm not sure I'd spend that kind of money on a box-set. I'd sooner pick up some other stuff that's on my wish-list, and maybe return to it at a later date. How have you found it so far? It seems to be a bargain, given the amount of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

8 Mile on ITV4 right now.

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment...never let it go.

Mom's spaghetti, spaghetti, spaghetti, might make myself some spaghetti..I'm hungry.

• Advertisement

If you're up for something quirky; Everything is Illuminated, TG4 23:35. Elijah Wood as a young American who heads to Ukraine, to find someone who reportedly saved his grandfather's life during WW2. He has no idea what he's doing ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think I've seen that. Takes a while to get going. Quirky but interesting ending.

Easy A starts on E4 at 9. Emma Stone at her charming best.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Stumbled on this when it was starting, seems alright, not sure if I've seen it before

everything is illuminated I liked but mightn't be for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Features my all time favourite movie parents in Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Features my all time favourite movie parents in Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson

"I'm adopted."

"WHO TOLD YOU!?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

cool one

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A Fish Called Wanda UTV 22.45 tonight.

"Don't call me stupid!"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Tremors is on itv4 now

Easy A is on E4 again too

Shawshank redemption on itv2 too

• Advertisement