Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renault diagnostics

• 21-05-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I work in the motor trade mostly on renaults (for my sins). I'm looking to buy some diagnostics for renault. I have heard for renault can clip. Just wondering does anybody know any thing about it and where would be the best place to buy it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

theres a guy in dublin selling them on donedeal for about 200e,i have it and works well although the initial setup is not too straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

€200 is really good for a renault can clip I couldn't get it much cheaper from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 renomick

thank you il look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

For 200eu you couldn't go wrong.. assuming it works that is.
    I've one a few years and paid a fair bit more but wouldnt be without it, there are limitiations due to requiring pin codes for reflashing and immo like uch replacement but these can be purchased online.
    The beauty of these is that the fault code desc. and data is reliable, this seems to be a problem with aftermarket tools on french cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

crosshair1 wrote: »
    For 200eu you couldn't go wrong.. assuming it works that is.
    I've one a few years and paid a fair bit more but wouldnt be without it, there are limitiations due to requiring pin codes for reflashing and immo like uch replacement but these can be purchased online.
    The beauty of these is that the fault code desc. and data is reliable, this seems to be a problem with aftermarket tools on french cars.

totally agree with that,its hard to beat the dealership level diagnostics for reliability,i haven't really put mine to the test that much with programming as i generally do this manually but for dtc's and configurations its 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 renomick

paultronix crosshair1. Thanks for the info guys. didnt have a chance to look it up in the last week. Its good to know its reliable. Going to buy one in the next few days. Thanks again guys.

Advertisement