Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Germans

• 03-05-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

People seem to have a very negative view of the Germans.
    I've often heard Irish people call them boring. But anyone who's lived there will tell you this is far from the truth.
    They tend to be quite good at their jobs and take it seriously, but as soon as they're finished work they become very active. They'll be doing activities right through the week after work. Not just lounging around the house watching TV.
    Also, the women seem to be able to have plenty of one night stands and not get called whores, which is a delight, perhaps.
    They also have great diets.
    Even their beer has very strict brewing laws. You won't find the mad chemicals you find in most beers in any German beer.
    Anyway, I just think they're a great bunch of lads (and lassies).
    What are boardies experiences and opinions of ze Germans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I dig them. Played there. Good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Don't mention the war

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Godwin in 5... 4... 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭cml387

People seem to have a very negative view of the Germans.
    I've often heard Irish people call them boring. But anyone who's lived there will tell you this is far from the truth.
    They tend to be quite good at their jobs and take it seriously, but as soon as they're finished work they become very active. They'll be doing activities right through the week after work. Not just lounging around the house watching TV.
    Also, the women seem to be able to have plenty of one night stands and not get called whores, which is a delight, perhaps.
    They also have great diets.
    Even their beer has very strict brewing laws. You won't find the mad chemicals you find in most beers in any German beer.
    Anyway, I just think they're a great bunch of lads (and lassies).
    What are boardies experiences and opinions of ze Germans?

I belive they are a hardworking race which makes it an unusual fact that the only German who worked in our place was the laziest sod on God's good earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Godwin in 5... 4... 3...
    zwei, eins...NAZI!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I worked in Bavaria for a year- the last thing I found them was Boring. Party animals, yep, gorgeous women, yep, brilliant lifestyle, yep. An awful lot of beer, yep but also an awful lot of skiing, shooting, and swimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Went there on holidays once,stayed in Pascha Hotel for three days in Cologne. Very helpful obliging staff, if a tad expensive.

They know what Vorsprung Durch Technik means.

They have words like schadenfreude and zetgeist which have no english equivalent.
    And what about Nena and her red balloons?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I prefer The Dutch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

cml387 wrote: »
    They know what Vorsprung Durch Technik means.

They have words like schadenfreude and zetgeist which have no english equivalent.
    And what about Nena and her red balloons?

they have words like that in dublin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We had a Kris Kindle in the office

We have a German team leader and some smart ass got him an orange Dutch football scarf
    It's just what some lads do, mess up the Kris Kindle

Jaysus, he was highly insulted
    I wasn't aware the Dutch and Germans didn't get on

He didn't like the Turks either for some reason

biko wrote: »
    I prefer The Dutch.

The Dutch always arrive before dinner without any gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

biko wrote: »
    I prefer The Dutch.
    Jij Klootzac :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

cracks me up everytime :D
    but yeah Germans best beer,and nice women and a bit more modern not like greece or french n politics side :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The women have hairy armpits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

any germans ive met were sound and a german girl i 'knew' was a dirty lady indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

The women have hairy armpits.
    mmmm. hairy pitts....mmmm. Gotta lova a woman with wool. Especially when she's 6', blonde and poured into a pair of denims...mmmmm..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

The last time I was at a comedy gig two german gals stormed out and told yer man on stage that they did not pay to be insulted.

The guy made a joke about his girlfriend and they took it on as an attack on them...

I think I have to go suss out some German comedians to see what they were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Although I still can't really forgive them for what they did. I'm sure most people have & the country has moved on and it's a generalisation to think they all had a part in it/supported in one way or another.

What they did in Die Hard is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I've met a good few Germans but I've never been to Germany, got along with all of them but did notice a few of them didn't get along with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'm hoping to join them soon, Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be gone there.

Been there before of course, Its a different world to this place to be sure.:cool:

Its a toss between Germany or Holland, Which ever I get a job in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bombay Allee

my daughter is german:D

i am considering settlin down, about 100km east of berlin. i have considerable reservations about the locals;out there. :eek: ie i have seen the best of human activity, that being the peoplei know who live out there, but i have heard what the neighbours are like, and it is pretty nerve-wracking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

i am considering settlin down, about 100km east of berlin. i have considerable reservations about the locals;out there. :eek: ie i have seen the best of human activity, that being the peoplei know who live out there, but i have heard what the neighbours are like, and it is pretty nerve-wracking :(

....be a bit more specific there, if ye'd be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I used to be married to one!

Handsome, rigid, arrogant, tactless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A very good friend of mine is German. Hes a serious lad but used to be a big party animal. Know a few more Germans quite well. From my experience more open minded and tolerant than the Irish but more ruthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bombay Allee

Nodin wrote: »
    ....be a bit more specific there, if ye'd be as good.

how do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

But her feet touched Irish soil first? right?

Advertisement