Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

K4t wrote: »
    ^No, you need to work on your English comprehension skills.
    Fair enough, but it's thrown in with deafness and inflammation as potential consequences. Norrdeth gets what I mean

A friend of mine died of meningitis a few years ago, I don't think it should be shrugged as nothing more than a head cold, because believe me it isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I failed every single one of my modules last semester. Am in serious sh1t :( Seriously thinking of just giving up at this point...

ahhh no, that sucks, but sure at least give it another bash in august, just forget about last semester and try do your best this semester and then in june focus and getting sorted for the repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I failed every single one of my modules last semester. Am in serious sh1t :( Seriously thinking of just giving up at this point...
    Giving up is the sure path to failure. Trying and trying harder again is the only way to succeed

if only I could follow that advice myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll be allowed repeat all of them in the summer (it's 30 credits so there will be problems with that as it's postgrad). I failed them all because I stayed in bed for about three-quarters of last semester.

That's awful about your friend Daemos :( Meningitis is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

What are you studying, Your Text Here?

This sounds horribly glib, but anyway: just keep at it. You've got another chance with the repeats in August. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I gots a sore throat will try to kill it ASAP!
    No shiftin'4me...=P

What are you studying, Your Text Here?

This sounds horribly glib, but anyway: just keep at it. You've got another chance with the repeats in August. Good luck!

Irish history, the diploma in it. It's awesome. Which is good, because at least I know I'm not as bad as I can be if I'm still enjoying it! And thanks.
    Norrdeth wrote: »
    I gots a sore throat will try to kill it ASAP!
    No shiftin'4me...=P

U haz teh aids :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Maybe the email about the mumps is just a sinister plan by the powers that be in the college to try and prevent everyone from heading out during "Rag Week" :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Maybe the email about the mumps is just a sinister plan by the powers that be in the college to try and prevent everyone from heading out during "Rag Week" :eek:.

I've had my two MMRs, I can do what I like :pac:

HAI U GUIZE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Wendero wrote: »
    I noticed there were some people who were giving away free hugs in the arts block :) Great initiative me thinks! :)

Thanks! It was with the Mental Health Soc to raise some money for charity and cheer people up! Glad it worked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    They really shouldn't be on that road, though. It's extremely tight and they block a cycle lane. One of these days someone will be knocked from their bike by a car pulling out or by someone opening their car door. It's just not safe.

A friend was hit by a car on the Rathcoffey Road a few years ago, driver on wrong side of road and going way to fast hit her and almost killed her. I'm not sure whether there was many cars there at the time, but it sure has made me nervous about driving along it.
    Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    gotta love the locals sometimes, if you didn't want to have the see/deal/interact with students, don't move to a town with a university.

If you've met some of Maynooth's local "concerned citizens" you'd know exactly what I mean.

"Dat Place?, its teeming with drugs you know? Jaysis most of that lot are off their heads the whole time" -Actual Quote from a Maynooth Resident.

I'm a local as well, from here before I went to college. I don't think that line is fair, about if you don't want to see/deal with students, don't move to a town with a university. When we moved here, I don't think the fact the town had a university factored in my parents decision.
    We live in Moyglare and over the years there have been problems with students behaviour, not local residents. Many nights we couldn't sleep because of house parties and then the walk down to the village. One lot decided to race up and down the road at 3am.
    Last week, a house party kept my dad up until 2am, he was due to be up for work at 4am, but missed his shift because of this.
    We know they are students, not locals living there.

I'm not saying that local residents don't cause hassle, but a majority of the time the drunken incidents are relating to the students of the college.
    Students need to realise that they are living in an area with a permanent population of residents that they move in beside. The majority of students are respectful, keep parties to a certain time, keep noise levels reasonable etc.

A lot of residents don't mind parties, once they don't go on all night and prevent them from going to work.
    It's all about give and talk.

MY goodness that turned into a little bit of a rant there didn't it? Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

kellief wrote: »
    Thanks! It was with the Mental Health Soc to raise some money for charity and cheer people up! Glad it worked! :)

It totally did! :) I got very cheered up. So when are you doing this again? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Arts Block Computer pod slowly becoming a hack corner.

Haha really? I've to go to class in the arts block naow, maybe I'll pay a visit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Haha really? I've to go to class in the arts block naow, maybe I'll pay a visit :P

You missed us all. Me, Banquo, How So Joe and Maeve were there at about 12

I only saw the time of your post now :P Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Five weeks into the semester already.. how did this happen?
    >panic<

Chillax! There's a study week soon! =P

I iz also freaking out, but about a gig on Friday and a Deadline in Sat...
    :(

Me and tootyflutty are here in a lecture, also freaking the **** out. Don't worry everyone, it's grand.

• Advertisement

keep-going-sure-its-grand-e1291894898303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I read as:
    rcaz wrote: »
    Me and tootyflutty are here in a lectu[r]er . . .

In other news: pretty women sure are pretty. :(

I read as:

Yeow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I read as:

In other news: pretty women sure are pretty. :(

失恋? (´Д` )

失恋? (´Д` )

(*´ο`*)=3 どこで始めるべきですか?

(;_;)

Dw; bg. (don't worry; be grand)

Oh no! My sympathetic emoticon came out like some sort of mutant!!!

Two faced, if you will. :P

I think it's time to delete my boards account; no work is being done!

• Advertisement

Two faced, if you will. :P

I think it's time to delete my boards account; no work is being done!

Ah we're not that much craic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement