Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[FPL] - Gameweek 31 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did Silva go off injured? Could do with getting rid of him and his value is prob going to drop tonight, don't really want to knee jerk though...

Possibly thinking of getting Nasri in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding the game to be very difficult right now. With Dempsey, Bale, and Silva all failing miserably lately, I know at least 2 need to go... but there's just no obvious replacements.

Walcott, I guess, was fairly obvious because of Arsenal's fixture-list... but after that, it feels way above my head.

Whether it's Mata and his reliability issues, Sessegnon and his tough fixtures, Arteta and the possibility of having Arsenal overkill, or Gerrard and his god-awful team right now... everyone I know who's "worth a look" keeps pushing me away with common sense and logic.

I can't believe I'm saying this (because I hate Chelsea and love ridiculing my Liverpool fan friends), but I really wish either Liverpool or Chelsea would show some form so I can pick one of their big-boys.

F**k it. In comes Stevie G... bye bye Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

this is my mf

Dempsey bale mata siggy Valencia

I think its pretty good. all I plan is to get rid of Dempsey for mcclean, then beef up my defense and attack with the spare cash

this week was poor but you have to think spurs Chelsea were playing each other, fulham away to man u, and Swansea just had an off day. it's been a pretty low scoring week in general, the worst thing you can do is hit the panic button, I'd say many top players that had a bad week this week will have a good one this week. I kept Pog and Dempsey especially for the Norwich game, and they have Bolton away after which is a chance for points too. Going by fiso tons of managers transferred both out, so they could be a nice little differential

I've gotten rid of Silva, Bale, Aguero and Ba. None have come back to bite me yet.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    I've gotten rid of Silva, Bale, Aguero and Ba. None have come back to bite me yet.

Bale is the only one I think might come back to bite ya. Got rid of all the others myself

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

carlcon wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding the game to be very difficult right now. With Dempsey, Bale, and Silva all failing miserably lately, I know at least 2 need to go... but there's just no obvious replacements.

Walcott, I guess, was fairly obvious because of Arsenal's fixture-list... but after that, it feels way above my head.

Whether it's Mata and his reliability issues, Sessegnon and his tough fixtures, Arteta and the possibility of having Arsenal overkill, or Gerrard and his god-awful team right now... everyone I know who's "worth a look" keeps pushing me away with common sense and logic.

I can't believe I'm saying this (because I hate Chelsea and love ridiculing my Liverpool fan friends), but I really wish either Liverpool or Chelsea would show some form so I can pick one of their big-boys.

completely agree with you

It's like all the cornerstones of my team have picked the worst time to all start being rubbish

I've watched a 100 point lead in my money league likely dwindle to 10-15 points if Rooney does well tonight, depressing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

The way I see it the teams with the easiest fixtures are:

Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    City
    Spurs

Out of all the big teams the only ones that have been consistent are Utd & Arsenal. I have 3 United players and two Arsenal players. I'm not keen on doubling up on Arsenal midfielders but I am considering taking a punt on Sagna.

Of the other teams the two I am currently considering bringing in are Ade and Gerrard. The problem is that Liverpool have been horribly inconsistent and Gerrard himself hasn't been brilliant bar his 21 points performance.

I really don't see Chelsea being the way forward. I've got through most of the season with having no Chelsea player or one Chelsea player for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

So after tonights match who would be better to get in for Silva?

Young or Valencia? I think I'll do it tonight to avoid any price changes.

Valencia, frees you up 2 million to play around with if you need other improvements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Valencia, frees you up 2 million to play around with if you need other improvements

Yeah thats it...might next week ship out either Raylor or Senderos to beef up the defense a bit

I'm in a weird position of having about 4 million spare, and no clear cut places to spend it

Might be time to beef up a budget player or two

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right, this may sound crazy but...

...is leaving Ba in instead of transferring out for Cisse plain madness? Now with Tiote back and Newcastle at home, Pardew will revert to Ba and Cisse up top?

Could use the transfer elsewhere tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I've had the transfer page open for the last 20 minutes with Lampard in for Silva. I've made a cup of tea and ate some grub, and am still looking for distractions to stop me hitting the "MAKE TRANSFERS" button.

Villa, then Wigan. Could be a good two weeks for him. But Chelsea are my hate-team, and he's old and irritating. I feel like a child refusing to eat his veg here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

carlcon wrote: »
    I've had the transfer page open for the last 20 minutes with Lampard in for Silva. I've made a cup of tea and ate some grub, and am still looking for distractions to stop me hitting the "MAKE TRANSFERS" button.

Villa, then Wigan. Could be a good two weeks for him. But Chelsea are my hate-team, and he's old and irritating. I feel like a child refusing to eat his veg here. :pac:

NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! Could be a masterstroke in fairness but I don't think so. It's a hunch but not one I see as being worth risking. Chelsea done pretty poorly against Villa and Wigan earlier in the season too remember. Chelsea aren't in great form right now either (2 league wins in 9, only scoring 9 goals in them matches too). The logical decision is no and I think you're risking sacrificing your lofty position taking unnecessary risks like this.

Disclaimer: I'm well behind you this season so my opinion may be rubbish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ok Senderos seems to have lost his place to Hughes at Fulham,Lescott shows no signs of returning anytime soon,Caulker is ineligible so my defence is down to 2 fit players.It'll cost me 4 points to get a defender in & Lescott is for the chop so who to get in? I have Evans & Sagna.

Tempted to get BAE back or Kyle Walker...Advice please.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Id get Walker if you're getting a spurs defender.. He was immense against Chelsea and fully deserved MoM award. Bombs forward and wants to get in amongst it.
    Im gonna try get him in myself with spurs favourable fixture list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Next few transfers all planned..

This week Cahill in for Senderos.

Next week no transfer

Following week, Suarez & Dempsey out... Walcott and ??? in.

Just got to figure out who has the best run in of the strikers, Holt will be back by then so he could be an option. Maybe get Ba back in if he does anything in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Do I take a 4-pt hit for this:

Aguero and Suarez out
    Balotelli and RVP in

Or 8pts for:

Aguero, Suarez & Silva out (Silva is annoying the hell out of me)

Sigurdsson, RVP and Tevez in?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I reckon RVP will be rested this GW..........Wenger hinted so in after match interview of the Villa game...........sell or stick?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

dahat wrote: »
    I reckon RVP will be rested this GW..........Wenger hinted so in after match interview of the Villa game...........sell or stick?????
    Im not falling for that crap again cost me a packet not captaining him then, still playing catch up as a result

Sell RVP. Also that cash in your pocket? Burn it.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Im not falling for that crap again cost me a packet not captaining him then, still playing catch up as a result

Remember where you heard it,Wenger said he wrecked after a poor showing the weekend...........

roryc wrote: »
    Sell RVP. Also that cash in your pocket? Burn it.

Not this week........next week i may use it......already made 2 transfers,i am the transfer king!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Man With No Name

Is anyone thinking Lampard is due a big week?

Right. And he's gonna play Marouan Van Chamakh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Did Silva to Walcott
    And Simpson to Gibbs

4pt hit but plan on keeping both till the end now. Only worry is Gibbs getting injured as usual.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Out of all cups.
    On a 7-game winning streak.
    In contention for a great finish.
    Chamakh as his replacement.

I am sure he is tired, but I cannot see him being rested. It's a game a week. He can have a lie in next Tuesday morning, shur he'll be the finest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If RVP is rested then Wenger needs to get his head checked. They have a brilliant chance of nailing down third spot. Spurs are looking very shaky recently and god knows what could happen to them against Swansea. No hope of RVP being rested imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

just did 2 transfers there.

Chamberlane ---> Moses
    J Morrison
    > Ben Arfa

i know wigan have toug fixtures but moses is a big player for them and at home to stoke think he'll do well.

i already had ben arfa in my side this season but for some reason Pardew hardly playted him after he rgained fitness but now he's more influential and is doing well.

i'll persist with Ba for one more week. (watch cisse score again!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement