Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

water and a j cloth, a good scrub will remove it and a j cloth won't scratch the car

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

thanks guys,guess i'm stuck in this job for now.on a lighter note,roll on saturday.its my best friends birthday which we also call 'national suit day'.for one day we ditch our converse,ramones t-shirts and baggy jeans and the guys all put on suits and the gals put on fancy frocks and we go out on the lash.its running into our 8th year now.even our friends abroad join in and have their own 'international suit day' and dress up on the day.looking forward to it immensely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

thanks guys,guess i'm stuck in this job for now.on a lighter note,roll on saturday.its my best friends birthday which we also call 'national suit day'.for one day we ditch our converse,ramones t-shirts and baggy jeans and the guys all put on suits and the gals put on fancy frocks and we go out on the lash.its running into our 8th year now.even our friends abroad join in and have their own 'international suit day' and dress up on the day.looking forward to it immensely

That sounds like amazing fun! :)

(Must remember to do this sometime!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a birthday on Saturday myself, something of a delayed 21st :pac: The guy who's having the party had exams shortly after his birthday, so he focused on study and pushed the party back to post-exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have a leaving party to go to for a mate whos going to America on a J1 on Friday then a house warming leading into town on Saturday whether I go Saturday all depends how hungover I am from Friday.

That sounds like amazing fun! :)

(Must remember to do this sometime!)

Yeh should its good craic, I done it once before but sounds like Baron does it the right way :).

• Advertisement

im fcuking dying. I managed to fall really badly on my leg while doing a nasty exercise that I'd never done before. My leg is all swollen and I can barely walk on it without crying. Yet I've volunteered to go get my friend smokes and bring them to her house, which I'm still not at, 40 mins after the class finished. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    water and a j cloth, a good scrub will remove it and a j cloth won't scratch the car

Not sure if this will be enough, it's that really strong, extremely sticky masking tape, y'know the silver one?

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Not sure if this will be enough, it's that really strong, extremely sticky masking tape, y'know the silver one?

Sorry to hear about your car scumbags :mad:, Im not sure as I've never had to get maskin tape off my car but WD-40 should be good for getting it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ankhyu wrote: »

That'd be duct tape. Searched online and WD-40 seems the way to go

http://www.ehow.com/way_5136188_way-tape-residue-car-body.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Thanks guys I'll give that a go tomorrow so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ugh have one of those nights where I feel **** for no reason whatsoever. Of course it happens the night my parents go away. Silence does not help in these situation...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ugh have one of those nights where I feel **** for no reason whatsoever. Of course it happens the night my parents go away. Silence does not help in these situation...
    I know that feeling all too well. I usually wind up listening to very loud, very angry music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Evening All!! I'm feeling great today! had my final weigh in after 4 weeks of hard training double sessions 3 times a week and 4 weeks of strict diet had my final weigh in today and my final body composition test done! im down 2 stone and one pound!! get in there!! will get the results of the comp test during the week!! im absolutely stoked! i doubled my goal!! happy days!!

Jesus fcuking Christ gregers, that's absolutely amazing!! So proud of you! :D:D

Jesus fcuking Christ gregers, that's absolutely amazing!! So proud of you! :D:D

Thank you :D:D:D cant believe how quick it fell off me!!! im sticking to the training now but my diet has changed im at the weight i wanted to be now (although i taught it would take months not a month haha) so just a matter of dropping the body fat rate and keeping it level!!

did u enjoy the game on sat??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So I wrote a short story today... *peeps out from behind stack of notebooks* I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm trying to broaden my writing skills further than half-assing Avengers fanfiction... *cough*
    Excuse the crappy formatting. I hate DevArt's literature submission outlet. I'm so used to RichText...
    In other news, I have a toothache and I'm suffering with the fact that I'll have no monies 'til Wesnday. I want to go into town and see about buying a new coat as my current one is old, the hood is falling off and it is in desperate need of a good dry cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Adiboo wrote: »
    That'd be duct tape. Searched online and WD-40 seems the way to go

http://www.ehow.com/way_5136188_way-tape-residue-car-body.html

It is. WD-40 will remove stickers/tape/adhesive etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It is. WD-40 will remove stickers/tape/adhesive etc.

Is there anything it can't do?

Engineers_flow_chart.jpg

Such a feckin gorgeous day out! So glad to be out in the sun. :)

Such a feckin gorgeous day out! So glad to be out in the sun. :)

it better last till saturday haha staring out the window depressed here at work haha :(

• Advertisement

Certainly to nice a day for sitting in once my breakfast settles ill be going for a run in Corkagh Park :).

Oh and congrats Gregers must have put in some serious work :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Nearly puked me ring up there making me daughters lunch
    She loves toast with peanut butter ( even typing that made me feel sick)
    I hate the look of it and the smell of it
    Fooking rotten stuff

Lovely day here too. Gonna sit outside for a bit...if I can find some suncream...would rather not look like a lobster.

Looking after my neighbour's dog while she's away. I've looked after him a few times since I have came back and don't know what has happened but he has gotten so vicious. He used to be really friendly and playful but now he goes all weird if you touch him and if you go anywhere near him when he is eating he starts growling at you. I was trying to let him out there but he was eating so couldn't get near him. Decided to try opening the patio doors from the outside but the minute I reached for the door handle he jumped at the glass snarling. If it wasn't for the fact he always goes for the feet I would have been pretty badly bitten a few times by now... Can't understand it, he used to be such a lovely dog, now I'm scared every time I go near him. It's only on walks he seems to be himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ignore him altogether
    Open the door and go outside and completely ignore him turn your side to him
    Do not let him see your afraid
    He'll get more excited and show more aggression
    If he snarls at you stand your ground and challenge him back with a loud shout

Take it from someone who has an Akita :) my dog used to do this with friends he didn't know and this is what I told them and it works

Oh and congrats Gregers must have put in some serious work :).

Thanks bud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

McChubbin wrote: »
    So I wrote a short story today... *peeps out from behind stack of notebooks* I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm trying to broaden my writing skills further than half-assing Avengers fanfiction... *cough*

I can't see anything. Do you have to be logged in to see it? I'll try when I get home from work.

I hate everyone that can be out in the sun. Went out for a smoke and it's absolutely gorgeous. Won't be like that when I get off work :(

Orim wrote: »
    I can't see anything. Do you have to be logged in to see it? I'll try when I get home from work.

I hate everyone that can be out in the sun. Went out for a smoke and it's absolutely gorgeous. Won't be like that when I get off work :(

Mature content filter, prevents you seeing certain stuff unless you have an account and change the settings I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ignore him altogether
    Open the door and go outside and completely ignore him turn your side to him
    Do not let him see your afraid
    He'll get more excited and show more aggression
    If he snarls at you stand your ground and challenge him back with a loud shout

Take it from someone who has an Akita :) my dog used to do this with friends he didn't know and this is what I told them and it works

Do NOT do this!!

Challenging a dog that is acting out of character is completely unsound advice. In fact you should NEVER challenge a dog that is clearly asking you to back off or you will get bitten. No way would I ever introduce my dog to people it didn't know by suggesting people challenge her!!

Killer, sounds like there could be something medically at fault with the dog for its sudden change towards you or indeed a recent event may have it uncertain with people other than its owner. There's a lot of reasons a dogs mood can change suddenly. Inform the owner and ask if this is a recent transition. If so I'd suggest getting it to the vet and get in touch with a QUALIFIED canine behaviourist.

I'd agree with FoxyVixen on that one too, if its a case of nervous aggression, challenging the dog or making a loud noise could spook him and cause the dog to react defensively and lunge forward!! definitely work speaking to a professional to see what is triggering the aggression!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for the info. I don't know if it is sudden, I was away for six and a half months. I thought first he might be uncertain of me but I've looked after him a good bit since I've been back. He acts the same around my parents and he would have seen them while I was away. I know more than once his owner's son had people over and threw house parties when she wasn't there so there is a chance that could have affected him (she's since taken the key off him after he trashed the house). Went up later and he seemed nervous but didn't react aggressively, just waited for me to open the door and went straight out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement