Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers - March 10th. Venue?

• 24-01-2012 10:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone up for it? I've reclaimed my weekends and now I'm giddy for a get together :P

Closed the pole. Just need a venue.

Poll dates for Beers 69 votes

Feb 17th - Friday
    0%
    Feb 18th - Saturday
    8%
    Peadar06DazMarzroashterL.JenkinsRothmansdeirdre_dub 6 votes
    Feb 24th - Friday
    8%
    rainbow kirbygivethPeadar06L.JenkinsRothmansNyan Cat 6 votes
    Feb 25th - Saturday
    8%
    Peadar06ShoulderChipcoolperson05DonnaghmDazMarzRothmans 6 votes
    March 2nd - Friday
    11%
    Annasoprarainbow kirbygivethPeadar06DonnaghmRothmansIrish ArisNyan Cat 8 votes
    March 3rd - Saturday
    10%
    azezilbaby and crumblePeadar06DonnaghmDazMarzRothmansdeirdre_dub 7 votes
    March 9th - Friday
    14%
    azezilgivethbaby and crumblePeadar06Donnaghmmanic mailman40040DRothmansdeirdre_dubNyan Cat 10 votes
    March 10th - Saturday
    11%
    azezilbaby and crumblePeadar06DonnaghmDazMarzdeirdre_dubIntouch9polkabunny 8 votes
    March 16th - Friday
    17%
    azezilAnnasoprarainbow kirbybaby and crumblePeadar06Conor30Donnaghm40040Ddeirdre_dubIntouch9polkabunnyDark Chocolate 12 votes
    March 17th - Saturday
    8%
    azezilPeadar06Donnaghmdeirdre_dubpolkabunnyNyan Cat 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I'm not sober enough to drink beer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    There's always room for beer, now whose bed am I sharing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

March 9th - Friday
    Not a bad idea :), I'd be up for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

March 17th - Saturday
    Always up for beers, though the turnout the last time was a bit disappointing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    Well there seems to be a few more newbies knocking around, especially from the Dublin area. I'm sure we could pool a few more together. I plan on making one myself for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

March 16th - Friday
    put up a poll with dates. Make sure that people can tick more than one date and also that you tick the thing so that people can see who voted.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

March 16th - Friday
    Yay! I love it when plans come together. Although, saying that, I'm honestly expecting some tragedy that will prevent me from going. It would be typical me to just die on the day of beers, just so I'd miss out.

Feb 24th - Friday
    I'll put a poll up this evening. If people want to hold it some time by the end of this month or start of next, I'll put one together.

March 16th - Friday
    I'll put a poll up this evening. If people want to hold it some time by the end of this month or start of next, I'll put one together.

Maybe plenty of notice - so from mid february to mid march

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

March 16th - Friday
    I say we do beers for this time but the next one has to be different - Like paintballing or a picnic or something like that

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

March 16th - Friday
    PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!

I make AMAZING cakes, can I just point out. :D

March 16th - Friday
    Lol... oh its on. I think we need a "Bake-Off."

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

March 16th - Friday
    Intouch9 wrote: »
    Lol... oh its on. I think we need a "Bake-Off."

I agree :D Rainbow cake time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

Can I be a tasting judge?

Oh man, I love de cake!

March 16th - Friday
    My friends, I am loving this idea. A bake off sounds like SO. MUCH. FUN.

March 16th - Friday
    I'll have you guys know that I've come both 1st and 2nd in a bake off competition...
    I submitted a white chocolate cheesecake anonymously to see if I could get anywhere and had my named beside my caramel chocolate chip muffins with both milk & white choc ganache on top. :D

This could be amazing! Where could we have a picnic though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

If I participate, I'm not gonna cook, just cheat by taking some of my mums stuff down. She is amazeballs at cooking cakes, buns, desserts etc. Honestly, they are devine and people keep telling her she should be selling them at the local markets as people would clear the shelves. She has even been asked by people to cater their parties and they'll pay her.

It's so on right now! (That sounded a bit girly, but I don't care!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

March 17th - Saturday
    Oh a bake off my opportunity to poison someone! Just kidding. I could supply Irish carbomb cupcakes. They're lethally sinful. Guinness stout n coco in the bun. A dark choc n Irish whiskey ganache filling and baileys frosting. Sinful.

Beers works too. Or tea garden as that was fun last time!

March 16th - Friday
    Should we combine the two? Have an official boards.ie bake off followed by celebratory beers? Or am I being an event management beast again?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I make cakes and drink beers.

• Advertisement

March 16th - Friday
    Somewhere like the Phoenix Park or Stephens Green could be good....

when we say beers do we mean BYOB to like a pic-nic, or that we meet in a public house and buy them from the publican therein?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Dublin... :(

March 16th - Friday
    What about Grand Canal Dock (Fab day, eating cakes and chatting beside water being attacked by seagulls - bliss. Or Ringsend Park? Close to the Dart, near Ely which is not a gay bar but very gay friendly and is still in town? We could also reserve an area in Ely downstairs or something like that?

Thoughts?

March 16th - Friday
    I kind of like the idea of BYOB, keeps costs down, people can bring as much or as little as they fancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

March 17th - Saturday
    Somewhere like the Phoenix Park or Stephens Green could be good....
    I hate to rain on proceedings by pointing out that it could rain on proceedings. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

March 17th - Saturday
    I kind of like the idea of BYOB, keeps costs down, people can bring as much or as little as they fancy...
    If its a park though - not in February! Maybe a regular beers in winter then a Byob potluck bake off picnic in spring (may?)

March 16th - Friday
    Yeah... think we may have got caught up in the glitz and the glam of a picnic. Let's just get down and dirty with booze.

March 16th - Friday
    Oh well I didn't think the picnic/outside thing would be for the next one, I was assuming April time. Weather can be quite nice around then.

• Advertisement

yes, forgot what month it was.

Drinks in a pub in the next month or so? then pic-nic once spring has sprung?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement