Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Anyone using the standard twitter app?

When I click a name that I want to follow, the Follow button takes an age to appear!!

I end up having to go to search, suggested users, and the follow button appears alongside the names. But thats not working this time :(
    any better twitter apps out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

Misticles wrote: »

When I click a name that I want to follow, the Follow button takes an age to appear!!

I end up having to go to search, suggested users, and the follow button appears alongside the names. But thats not working this time :(

I have the same issue... don't happen in the echofon twitter app...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

cantswim wrote: »
    I have the same issue... don't happen in the echofon twitter app...

Thanks!
    I'll have to look into that! Or just use mobile twitter like I have to do with Facebook most of the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is any one else's consume App not working on meteor? It hasnt been working for a few weeks now.Its just saying "Last update failed" when you try to check your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Anyone know why i have problems sending picture messages from my Iphone? it comes up as fails. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Is any one else's consume App not working on meteor? It hasnt been working for a few weeks now.Its just saying "Last update failed" when you try to check your balance.
    I'm vodafone and date is knackered
    Deleted and reinstalled still same

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

soundsham wrote: »
    I'm vodafone and date is knackered
    Deleted and reinstalled still same

Same with myself, hasnt worked right in a few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any app that will work with Google Docs? Tried it in Safari and it times out loading anything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Misticles wrote: »

I've been using Osfoora for the last year or so. Costs €2.39 but worth the money.

Also, has anyone got the Snake '97 app? Replicates the cover of the old Nokia Phone in the display and works a treat. #vintage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

STIG83 wrote: »
    Anyone know why i have problems sending picture messages from my Iphone? it comes up as fails. :confused:
    Reset the network settings. Settings>general>reset. If that doesn't work ring your network cos sometimes the provisioning is set wrong on your account

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Reset the network settings. Settings>general>reset. If that doesn't work ring your network cos sometimes the provisioning is set wrong on your account
    Which one i pick? Will it screw up my Jailbreak though? will it wipe all them apps and hacks i have?

Reset network settings

guil wrote: »
    Reset network settings

Did it, made no difference, still unable to send picture messages.

ring your network

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Tried to order Domino's tonight but the app crashed. So i tried to reinstall it, ignoring the multiple terrible reviews on iTunes stating how crap it was. They weren't lying. It works fine until the final click, then crashes.

I heard some crazy stastic recently about the amount of app orders domino's were taking when it was working so it seems odd such a massive corporation cant get something so simple right. tut tut

on another note, I got Brothers In Arms 2 ages ago and at first thought it was crap but i've got really into it recently. Not a bad time killer if you're into shooters...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

bc dub wrote: »
    Tried to order Domino's tonight but the app crashed. So i tried to reinstall it, ignoring the multiple terrible reviews on iTunes stating how crap it was. They weren't lying. It works fine until the final click, then crashes.

I heard some crazy stastic recently about the amount of app orders domino's were taking when it was working so it seems odd such a massive corporation cant get something so simple right. tut tut

on another note, I got Brothers In Arms 2 ages ago and at first thought it was crap but i've got really into it recently. Not a bad time killer if you're into shooters...

I've used it 3 times in the last few months and it's always worked for me, strange!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Not sure whats wrong then, but it has 1 out of 5 stars in the app store and I didnt see one positive review!

AND, it did crash on me after reinstalling it! Nice pizza though, I'll give them that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

bc dub wrote: »
    Not sure whats wrong then, but it has 1 out of 5 stars in the app store and I didnt see one positive review!

AND, it did crash on me after reinstalling it! Nice pizza though, I'll give them that ;)

Yup,nice pizza alright!never had a problem with the dominos app myself,sounds odd alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭Wossack

bizzare that they have an app - their website is brilliant on the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

What is the best camera app out there? Preferably free. Would like to take panoramic photo, colour change and maybe change the margins e.g make photo look like it came from a film roll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I use my iTouch in the car, but the position of the headphone socket means it cant sit in the windscreen cradle i have...

Is there an app that can flip the screen?

Much thanks if any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

sillymoo wrote: »
    What is the best camera app out there? Preferably free. Would like to take panoramic photo, colour change and maybe change the margins e.g make photo look like it came from a film roll?

AutoStitch is a good app for panoramic pics
    Collage lite ( free ) is a good app for making collages
    PS Express ( free ) s a good app for editing pics & lots more
    ColorSplash is another good app for 'greying' out parts of a pic

daosulli wrote: »

Thats great will try then. However I find it hard to believe that there is not one app out there that can do them all? Is there one there that will do everything - paid even?

Also is anyone else having trouble with Consume??? Wont work with my meteor it seems. Any ideas on a another app to track useage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

sillymoo wrote: »
    Also is anyone else having trouble with Consume??? Wont work with my meteor it seems. Any ideas on a another app to track useage?

Consume hasnt been working for me with Vodafone for a good few weeks now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Has there been any good free games released lately? The charts seem to be full of "freemium" games which are full of in-app purchases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

islash free today
    Alright for a quick game
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/islash/id388130466

• Registered Users Posts: 30,005 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

daosulli wrote: »

photosynth is and good free one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cut the rope experiments has been out a few days now, very addictive game. although a little easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I'm looking for an App to keep track of GAA and Hurling scores (recording goals and points and points total, timer etc). Theres loads of score keeping Apps out there for tracking all kinds of different sports but none that I can find that will do it for me, if possible I'd also like it to have a little pop-up to annotate if the score came from a free or from open play.
    Anyone know of anything out there that will do this, or any App developers able to come up with something? I don't mind paying for it and I'm sure many other people would be interested in this too....

Advertisement