Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Don't believe it...finished up in college today and dropped into Ticketmaster on the way home, got 2 tickets for Just Blaze. Just after getting home now, checked my email and see that I've won the competition for 2 tickets that Boom Bap told me to enter the other day!

Typical! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    DJ Angelo is in the Grafton Lounge tonight, free in.

He's real good, uses all differnt types of controllers in his set.
    ha ha panicked for a split second, wtf d'angelo played a free gig in Dublin and I didn't know about it.
    Would have been sick.

btw would definitely be interested in seeing just blaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

surball wrote: »
    Tanya Morgan should be playing Dublin and Galway soon as well

I'm seeing 2nd march for the Dublin date. Anyone have any idea where though?

This friday twisted pepper only a fiver in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Roots Manuva, Azealia Banks and (best of all) The Roots have been confirmed for Electric Picnic.

If I get a bit of a job over the summer then I'll seriously consider going to this. I'd love to see The Roots live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Roots Manuva, Azealia Banks and (best of all) The Roots have been confirmed for Electric Picnic.

If I get a bit of a job over the summer then I'll seriously consider going to this. I'd love to see The Roots live.

I'm not even a big roots fan but that would be well worth goin to, my da has seen wu tang clan and snoop dogg at oxegen and the fúcker doesn't even like rap, he's seen two legendary acts that I'll probably never get to see!

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm not even a big roots fan but that would be well worth goin to, my da has seen wu tang clan and snoop dogg at oxegen and the fúcker doesn't even like rap, he's seen two legendary acts that I'll probably never get to see!

Fair play to him. My dad would hardly know who Snoop is, never mind the Wu.

Last year DJ Shadow was on the bill. I'd love to have seen him as well. Tickets are €230. I'd have to wait to see who else is playing before committing. The Cure will be very good, but the likes of Ed Sheeran turns me off.

Wish The Roots came over for a gig on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Wish The Roots came over for a gig on their own.

They might do one that weekend since they are around, you would never know.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    They might do one that weekend since they are around, you would never know.

It'd hardly be that weekend I'd say. They'll probably be one of the top acts on the Saturday or Sunday.

If anything it'd be a few days before or a few after. Hopefully before. If after then I might be gone to Wales to start a course over there. I'd probably start crying if it meant I had to miss them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, Tanya Morgan in the Twisted Pepper tonight, only a fiver in. Bodega Brothers are on support.

Doors @ 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to Yelawolf on 5th May. Anyone hear who is playing support?

Edit: saw that tix are only 19 euro but it is over 14's and no alcohol. Never in the Academy, do they not sell drink or is this a kids show? :confused:

Yeah the academy usually has over 18 's gigs and have the bars open - I'm not sure if they're expecting a younger crowd for this one? I got my ticket, I don't mind under 18s at all i just hop it doesn't feel like an underage disco ha!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, Tanya Morgan in the Twisted Pepper tonight, only a fiver in. Bodega Brothers are on support.

Doors @ 8.

That gig was great, wasnt expecting to be 'wowed' like that. Tanya Morgan and Bodega Brothers put on a great show. BB's had a much more tighter performance...put perhaps a bit too amped for the crowd. TM seemed a bit thrown together, one of them towards the end just realised they had a set list! And DJ Flip made them hold up the show so they could find a beat for a song he wanted them to perform. He even got up on stage to film it.

But, the sad thing is, poor crowd attentance, as Flip said to me, if this was 2008, the place would be rammed. Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

How was the Just Blaze gig?

Snoop will be at one of those gigs in the Phoenix Park on July 7th. Swedish House Mafia and Tinie Tempah are playing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

[

That gig was great, wasnt expecting to be 'wowed' like that. Tanya Morgan and Bodega Brothers put on a great show. BB's had a much more tighter performance...put perhaps a bit too amped for the crowd. TM seemed a bit thrown together, one of them towards the end just realised they had a set list! And DJ Flip made them hold up the show so they could find a beat for a song he wanted them to perform. He even got up on stage to film it.

But, the sad thing is, poor crowd attentance, as Flip said to me, if this was 2008, the place would be rammed. Very true.

Enjoyed the gig. BB were better on the night. Tanya Morgan although enjoyable didn't do it for me. Lots of stuff from their newer ep which I haven't listened to much. They probably could have done with playing more of the album tracks.

Looking forward to action bronson & shabazz palaces in the twisted pepper. Great sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

should of posted it here, for anyone who travelling etc around this time , switzerland might be worth a stop.

what a line up, openair frauenfeld festival in switzerland, july 6th to 8th.

50 Cent
    Drake
    Nas
    Sean Paul
    Rick Ross
    Wiz Khalifa
    Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)
    J. Cole
    Beginner
    Sido
    Mac Miller,
    Tinie Tempah
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Max Herre and friends
    Samy Deluxe
    K.IZ
    Marsimoto
    Yelawolf
    A$AP Rocky
    Royce 5'9
    Dilated Peoples
    Phenomden
    Steff la Cheffe
    Liricas Analas
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Prince Pi
    Raf 3.0
    Kollegah & Favorite
    Lo Leduc & feat. Pacôme
    Dabu Fantastic

should of posted it here, for anyone who travelling etc around this time , switzerland might be worth a stop.

what a line up, openair frauenfeld festival in switzerland, july 6th to 8th.

Nas

Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)

Mac Miller,

Jedi Mind Tricks

Royce 5'9
    Dilated Peoples

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

mmmmm Interesting.....I'm going to be in Berlin on the 7th for a Radiohead gig, I wonder if any of the people I've left in the quoted msg are going to performing aroung Germany around that time. I've been meaning to look up who is playing around that time.

Rick Ross European Tour Dates:

MGYpM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Seen them both at oxegen myself and both in my top three gigs of all time.

A reminder that it's Action Bronson night in the Twisted Pepper tonight.
    Really looking forward to this one.

• Advertisement

Soul Khan and Koncept are doing a tour of England next month. I'd love to go see them. Koncept's album is something else. No cheap flights at all.

United are playing at home that weekend so all the cheap flights to Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are gone. Probably wasn't feasible anyway. I don't exactly have that much money atm.

I'll just have to wait for him to become a big enough act so that he might venture over here for a few gigs in the future some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boat to Liverpool? Return ferry with no overnight stay and ticket in wouldn't be that expensive.

Soul Khan and Koncept would be excellent, and probably draw a good crowd as well due to Soul Khans popularity in the battle leagues.

And I have found thier bookings email address. I might pass this on to a promoter I know to see if he can make anything happen for an Irish date.

If not, the Ferry is a good option.

Soul Khan and Koncept would be excellent, and probably draw a good crowd as well due to Soul Khans popularity in the battle leagues.

And I have found thier bookings email address. I might pass this on to a promoter I know to see if he can make anything happen for an Irish date.

If not, the Ferry is a good option.

I wrote to Koncept on Twitter asking him about it and he said he'd love to come over here for a gig. All he needs is the promoter on board.

They would surely pull in a decent enough crowd.

I've done that boat trip before. It's handy and not too expensive but it is a soul wrecking journey. My hand may be forced on it I'll see.

Death Grips play Academy 2 on the 18th of May.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Death-Grips-tickets/artist/5039993

Death Grips play Academy 2 on the 18th of May.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Death-Grips-tickets/artist/5039993

This is awesome. Not sure what type of crowd they will draw. They are also releasing a new album in April as well:

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45832-death-grips-share-nsfw-album-cover-tracklist/

This is awesome. Not sure what type of crowd they will draw. They are also releasing a new album in April as well:

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45832-death-grips-share-nsfw-album-cover-tracklist/

Not the usual crowd anyway I'd imagine.

I think they've another album coming out this year as well. Not fully sure though.

They can be hard enough to listen to. Going from someone like KRIT to these on my iPod is some shock. Must give them a full listen later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Got an email from Choice Cuts with the news that The Trap Door Rapp Tour feat. Edan, Mr. Lif, Paten Locke & Willy Evans Jnr will be coming to Dublin at the end of next month.

http://vimeo.com/39044933

Raekwon wrote: »
    Got an email from Choice Cuts with the news that The Trap Door Rapp Tour feat. Edan, Mr. Lif, Paten Locke & Willy Evans Jnr will be coming to Dublin at the end of next month.

http://vimeo.com/39044933

Excellent, more info here http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f3c9b94c5458fdff4f5d12826&id=aeb2cd8def

Even if you've never heard of Edan, you should go to this. One of the best live performers ever.

• Advertisement

Freddie Gibbs is touring Europe (minus Ireland, yet again) next month.
    April 13th - London, UK @ East Village

April 14th - Berlin, Germany @ Bohannon

April 16th - Copenhagen, Denmark @ KB18

April 17th - Paris, France @ La Maroquinerie

April 18th - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Bitterzoet

April 19th - Rotterdam, Netherlands @ Podium De Nieuwe Oogst

April 20th - Oslo, Norway @ Beatbar

April 21st - Zurich, Switzerland @ Stall 6

April 23rd - Montpellier, France @L'antiroulle

Advertisement